I caught it 7 days—-both missed Christmas

My best friend and his wife got COVID
My godmother just died
I tested positive for COVID today
My daughter tested positive
Missing Holy Theophany

Little frustrated with 2020–too
I feel you.

My godmother got COVID at Christmas, my family had the stomach flu over the New Year (family get together at my sisters - and all of us were taking turns getting sick), my grandma died last Sunday, and several people in our family got sick with COVID, making the funeral be canceled. Odds are that we will get it, as we have been closely exposed for many days. Now I need to miss Church for the quarantine period, and I’m feeling exhausted.

2022 isn’t off to a good start.

Praying for you and your family!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So in 15 days…

Kate got a cold during Christmas vacation 4 days

My godmother just died
Missing Holy Theophany

Praying for everyone... Lord help your people.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So in 15 days…

Kate got a cold during Christmas vacation 4 days

My godmother just died
Missing Holy Theophany

Lord have mercy!

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I feel you.

My godmother got COVID at Christmas, my family had the stomach flu over the New Year (family get together at my sisters - and all of us were taking turns getting sick), my grandma died last Sunday, and several people in our family got sick with COVID, making the funeral be canceled. Odds are that we will get it, as we have been closely exposed for many days. Now I need to miss Church for the quarantine period, and I’m feeling exhausted.

2022 isn’t off to a good start.

Lord have mercy!

Upvote 0

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟142,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Prayers for healing foryou and your family!.I said prayers for you last night. My stepdaughter has had Covid Twice once in 2020 and again in 2021. Now is down with a bad bout of influenza. She was vaccinated against the influenza, too.(Not the Covid.)

• Prayers
Reactions: Lukaris
Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks, everyone. Losing my godmother was the worst of it obviously….

It’s going to sting not having her sitting in that pew and not speaking with her anymore.

B1946D6E-B384-4207-997A-2900D6F0CCFB.jpeg

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,022,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thanks, everyone. Losing my godmother was the worst of it obviously….

It’s going to sting not having her sitting in that pew and not speaking with her anymore.

View attachment 311125
Memory Eternal! :crosseo:

It’s tough losing people you love. Prayers for you all.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,091.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
We had the funeral of our protopsaltis today at our Greek parish. Old age caught up with him. Amazing that he was still chanting 6 months ago. Memory eternal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
We had the funeral of our protopsaltis today at our Greek parish. Old age caught up with him. Amazing that he was still chanting 6 months ago. Memory eternal.

wow, God bless him. memory eternal!

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That's a whole lot in a short period of time, Scott. And for you too, Laura. So sorry! Memory eternal to your godmother, Scott, and again to your grandmother, Laura. God grant you all healing!

Memory eternal to your church's chanter, John!

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,022,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Memory eternal!

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Light of the East

I'm Just a Singer in an OCA Choir
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I feel your pain. The Big East Coast snow storm brought a tree down on our house. The tree guys left it in the driveway. Two days later, my wife took a fall and needed an ambulance to the ER. While trying to get her car out of the driveway, I hit my car and knocked the front bumper sideways. During all this I'm getting very sick, and my Covid home test comes back positive. Despite all all the prophylaxis I had taken, this thing bust down the doors and made home with me. Since then, everything I have taken to kill it has been totally ineffective. In other words the things that work for everybody do not work for me.

Now to the financial fun. Turns out I push the yellow light too strong and got a ticket for running red. There's 75 bucks I'll never see you again. In addition, the IRS has screwed up our tax payments and is threatening to come get my bank account. I finally talked to somebody there today and found out that their system is so screwed up that if you make the payment under the wrong social security number, even if you filed jointly, their system is so stupid it can't cross the the numbers together to realize you made a joint payment.

Finally, I had been working out at Gold's Gym for about 6 months and really making progress and had signed up for the Gold's Gym challenge. I'm obviously going to lose the money I put down for it. No, I would say January hasn't been a great friend to me so far and I'm hoping it's not a precursor of 2022.

But --- Glory to God in all things!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Melily

Feb 3, 2021
Noblesville
✟33,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So I must say I agree. January has been a challenge for our family too. 19 days in and someone successfully hacked our laptop, got into our bank account and proceeded to transfer nearly a years salary in funds from savings to checking with the goal to steal the money. Thankfully (Glory to God!) we didn’t get robbed. I was praying The Prayers in Times of Troubles all the way to the bank. I’m so grateful to be spared from that situation.

Upvote 0

J Michael

Cave Dwelling Curmudgeon
Sep 28, 2015
People's Republic of Maryland
✟12,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wow! I won't bother y'all with my litany of troubles, some of which are quite minor compared to those mentioned by others.

The Prayer In Time Of Trouble is so right on the mark!
"
O God, You are our help and assistance, who is just and merciful, and who hears the supplications of Your people; look down upon me, a sinner, have mercy upon me, and deliver me from this trouble that besets me.

I acknowledge and believe, O Lord, that all trials of this life are given by You for our chastisement When we drift away from You and disobey Your commandments; deal not with me after my sins, but according to Your bountiful mercy, for I am the work of Your hands, and You know my weakness.

Grant me, I beseech You, Your divine helping grace, and endow me with patience and strength to endure my tribulations with complete submission to Your Will.

You know my misery and suffering and to You, my only hope and refuge, I flee for relief and comfort; trusting to Your infinite love and compassion, that in due time, when You know best, You will deliver me from this trouble, and turn my distress into comfort, when I shall rejoice in Your mercy, and exalt and praise Your Holy Name, O Father, Son, and Holy Spirit: now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen."

I almost always add the Morning Prayer of St. Philaret of Moscow to my a.m. prayer rule, and always find strength and comfort in it--some days more than others.
"
O Lord, grant me to greet the coming day in peace, help me in all things to rely upon your holy will.
In every hour of the day reveal your will to me.
Bless my dealings with all who surround me.
Teach me to treat all that comes to throughout the day with peace of soul and with firm conviction that your will governs all.
In all my deeds and words, guide my thoughts and feelings.
In unforeseen events, let me not forget that all are sent by you.
Teach me to act firmly and wisely, without embittering and embarrassing others.
Give me strength to bear the fatigue of the coming day with all that it shall bring.
Direct my will, teach me to pray.
And you, yourself, pray in me.
Amen."

And lastly, there's this from Mark Twain:
"I'm an old man now. I've had many problems in my life. Most of them never happened."

May God bless, watch over, and grant peace and comfort to all here (and everywhere) who suffer.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Wow! I won't bother y'all with my litany of troubles, some of which are quite minor compared to those mentioned by others.

The Prayer In Time Of Trouble is so right on the mark!
"
O God, You are our help and assistance, who is just and merciful, and who hears the supplications of Your people; look down upon me, a sinner, have mercy upon me, and deliver me from this trouble that besets me.

I acknowledge and believe, O Lord, that all trials of this life are given by You for our chastisement When we drift away from You and disobey Your commandments; deal not with me after my sins, but according to Your bountiful mercy, for I am the work of Your hands, and You know my weakness.

Grant me, I beseech You, Your divine helping grace, and endow me with patience and strength to endure my tribulations with complete submission to Your Will.

You know my misery and suffering and to You, my only hope and refuge, I flee for relief and comfort; trusting to Your infinite love and compassion, that in due time, when You know best, You will deliver me from this trouble, and turn my distress into comfort, when I shall rejoice in Your mercy, and exalt and praise Your Holy Name, O Father, Son, and Holy Spirit: now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen."

I almost always add the Morning Prayer of St. Philaret of Moscow to my a.m. prayer rule, and always find strength and comfort in it--some days more than others.
"
O Lord, grant me to greet the coming day in peace, help me in all things to rely upon your holy will.
In every hour of the day reveal your will to me.
Bless my dealings with all who surround me.
Teach me to treat all that comes to throughout the day with peace of soul and with firm conviction that your will governs all.
In all my deeds and words, guide my thoughts and feelings.
In unforeseen events, let me not forget that all are sent by you.
Teach me to act firmly and wisely, without embittering and embarrassing others.
Give me strength to bear the fatigue of the coming day with all that it shall bring.
Direct my will, teach me to pray.
And you, yourself, pray in me.
Amen."

And lastly, there's this from Mark Twain:
"I'm an old man now. I've had many problems in my life. Most of them never happened."

May God bless, watch over, and grant peace and comfort to all here (and everywhere) who suffer.

amen!

Upvote 0