It's so difficult to find a non dispensational church...

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
So I look for a church where the pastor loves Jesus, loves his people and preaches sound doctrine. That's a rare combination these days.
Likewise do you agree it is rare to find even just honesty ?

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Likewise do you agree it is rare to find even just honesty ?
Sure. I've been around for long enough to know how rare it is. (I'm 72, saved over 50 years ago)

Reactions: Aaron112
Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sure. I've been around for long enough to know how rare it is. (I'm 72, saved over 50 years ago)
"long enough"... when I first read "all men are liars", I had no idea for a number of years how true that is/was/continues to be.... in concept, in reality, in numbers, in sheer ferocity, in deception, in high places and low places
like the songs about "honesty" - I don't remember the titles but only happened to hear them when someone else played them - honesty is gone... agrees with all Scripture about the wickedness of the world ...

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
This looks sadly too presumptive and in error, mostly because of the label "Disp...." ...
Some teachings are truth.
Some teachings are false.
Most all men and most all teachings are possibly most false. This is the world we live in.
that's one of the core foundations of Dispensationalism, is multiple dispensations, that salvation was different for people in different dispensations. They'll say that David was saved under the "dispensation of the law" forgetting that David commit adultery and his son from that relationship was killed as punishment for his adultery.
They only see grace as the means of salvation during the "church age" and the "dispensation of grace" and then they see an entirely new gospel during "the 7 year tribulation" where people are saved not by faith but "faith + works"

but biblically, all the old testament saints are forgiven sinners saved by grace through faith in God. Romans 4 and Hebrews 11.

Upvote 0