USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's not an answer to the questions i asked.

In the beginning, when God granted wisdom to Solomon, he WAS wise. Then when he fell into abhorrent sins that, in essence spit in the face of God, are you saying he was WISE then?

I asked you specific questions in post #19.

Would you care to respond to THOSE questions?

Thank you kindly.
The bible states that gifts and callings are given by God without repentance. Assuming we consider the wisdom given to Solomon a gift from God..... Are you stating that The bible is incorrect and that God did repent after giving this gift?

Why assume that he repented, when this is not stated......and the opposite is, in fact, stated?

Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
to find wisdom, according the bible it's easy
According to Proverbs, biblical wisdom is not actually all that easy, some don't "find" it. The wisdom of the Gospel is only revealed by God, so that makes it difficult as well.

However, if you mean the instinctual wisdom (James 3) that comes from being bitter and/or envious, yeah that's pretty easy, something to watch out for.

Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because the bible does not promise us health or wealth.

The bible does, in fact, promise these things. More importantly, it can easily be proven in your life.....by asking for it.........unfortunately this would require a complete reversal of your belief that it is not something you can have, before you will receive it......and this can take a very long time.....depending on how long you had these thoughts in your belief system.

And remember...money is not important....we cannot worship it.....there should be no linkage of prosperity to money......or trials to lack of money......Only one who serves money would do this....

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The bible does, in fact, promise these things. More importantly, it can easily be proven in your life.....by asking for it.........unfortunately this would require a complete reversal of your belief that it is not something you can have, before you will receive it......and this can take a very long time.....depending on how long you had these thoughts in your belief system.

And remember...money is not important....we cannot worship it.....there should be no linkage of prosperity to money......or trials to lack of money......Only one who serves money would do this....
Wisdom is much knowledge.
Love of money corrupted a soul.
Cheating may gain gold, but a reputation is destroyed.

I do not believe having 700 wives and 300 concubines/prostitutes is wise. Ramesses II, pharaoh of Egypt, was recorded as having as many as 100 children. He turned to dust in his tomb.

Jesus did not have children, nor a large sum of money. His teachings were published to this day.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wisdom is much knowledge.
Love of money corrupted a soul.
Cheating may gain gold, but a reputation is destroyed.

I do not believe having 700 wives and 300 concubines/prostitutes is wise. Ramesses II, pharaoh of Egypt, was recorded as having as many as 100 children. He turned to dust in his tomb.

Jesus did not have children, nor a large sum of money. His teachings were published to this day.
Did you reply to the correct post? If so, are you agreeing, disagreeing or adding to what I said?

And Jesus Has everything....Everything that was made was made for Him, and there nothing made without Him.

Upvote 0

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him

It does not really say it will be easy, it says if you ask he will give it. It does not say it will be instant nor easy per say. Matter of fact the entire book of James is about growing in maturity and going through trials and persevering, which is anything but easy really. That is why it is called a trial :)

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Did you reply to the correct post? If so, are you agreeing, disagreeing or adding to what I said?

And Jesus Has everything....Everything that was made was made for Him, and there nothing made without Him.
Sometimes I wrote things that referred to earlier statements in the thread, more than what you wrote.

Did you assume that Solomon was given a gift of wisdom from God and then married 700 wives and maintained 300 concubines? Does God not condone such behavior? Is wisdom easy? Are concubines easy? If so, what was Solomon?

Of course Jesus was wiser than Solomon.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes I wrote things that referred to earlier statements in the thread, more than what you wrote.

Did you assume that Solomon was given a gift of wisdom from God and then married 700 wives and maintained 300 concubines? Does God not condone such behavior? Is wisdom easy? Are concubines easy? If so, what was Solomon?

Of course Jesus was wiser than Solomon.
Yes you are replying to the wrong person..... I did not start a conversation on Solomon....nor did i mention his Wives, or questions his wisdom.

I only commented on whether or not God Gave him wisdom....and the fact that a poster implied that God took it away.

Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

If you believe that Jesus promises health and wealth, please quote the verses that say that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
i know a lot of rich christians

The bible and Christianity does not say that it is wrong to be rich.
It just holds up a very high standard of behaviour to all who are rich in how they respond to the needs of the poor.

Compared to those in the 3rd world we are All rich.

We All should be using our wealth to help others.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you believe that Jesus promises health and wealth, please quote the verses that say that.
I dont believe, I know......Knowing is a result of experience. It is pointless to quote scripture because one can spiritual-ize passages of riches, and naturalize passages of be poor, and vs versa. If you want to get people on your side one can point to others who are sick and poor and say because they are...i am. Or we can choose to believe more.

Why stay in poverty and sickness to be like everyone else, instead of raising yourself out of it and helping others do the same?

"For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe."

those that believe and hope for more arent special.....All that He has is yours too... but if you are just looking at what others have...you wont take advantage of it.

".....prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it...."

or dont prove it....the Father doesnt mind, and neither do I.

Upvote 0

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the devil is wise

Hmm, the Lord never calls the devil wise. He is called cunning and crafty, but never wise.

“Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil,” (Eph. 6:11).

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the devil has to suffer, not christians, jesus already suffered for us

The bible and Jesus himself said we would suffer.

Romans 5:3-5 ESV / 1,380 helpful votes
More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

1 Peter 5:10 ESV / 1,222 helpful votes
And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.

Romans 8:18 ESV / 1,008 helpful votes
For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

James 1:2-4 ESV / 997 helpful votes
Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

John 16:33 ESV / 529 helpful votes
I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

Revelation 21:4 ESV / 511 helpful votes
He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”

2 Timothy 3:12 ESV / 493 helpful votes
Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted,

1 Peter 4:12-19 ESV / 453 helpful votes
Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed. If you are insulted for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. But let none of you suffer as a murderer or a thief or an evildoer or as a meddler. Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in that name. ...

Romans 8:28 ESV / 431 helpful votes
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

2 Corinthians 4:8-10 ESV / 340 helpful votes
We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies.

Isaiah 43:2 ESV / 317 helpful votes
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.

Psalm 34:19 ESV / 312 helpful votes
Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all.

Philippians 1:29 ESV / 265 helpful votes
For it has been granted to you that for the sake of Christ you should not only believe in him but also suffer for his sake,

1 Peter 4:12-13 ESV / 261 helpful votes
Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed.

2 Corinthians 4:17 ESV / 252 helpful votes
For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison,

1 Peter 1:6-7 ESV / 248 helpful votes
In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 10:13 ESV / 243 helpful votes
No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

Romans 5:3-4 ESV / 243 helpful votes
More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope,

Psalm 119:71 ESV / 220 helpful votes
It is good for me that I was afflicted, that I might learn your statutes.

Luke 14:27 ESV / 207 helpful votes
Whoever does not bear his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple.

Hebrews 12:11 ESV / 202 helpful votes
For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

Philippians 3:10 ESV / 200 helpful votes
That I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death,

Matthew 5:10-12 ESV / 196 helpful votes
“Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. “Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Romans 8:28-29 ESV / 184 helpful votes
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.

Isaiah 53:3 ESV / 181 helpful votes
He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

James 1:12 ESV / 177 helpful votes
Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.

1 Peter 4:12 ESV / 165 helpful votes
Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you.

Colossians 1:24 ESV / 165 helpful votes
Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I am filling up what is lacking in Christ's afflictions for the sake of his body, that is, the church,

2 Corinthians 1:3-4 ESV / 163 helpful votes
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

John 9:1-3 ESV / 159 helpful votes
As he passed by, he saw a man blind from birth. And his disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” Jesus answered, “It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him.

Isaiah 53:4 ESV / 158 helpful votes
Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted.

Galatians 6:2 ESV / 155 helpful votes
Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

Job 13:15 ESV / 155 helpful votes
Though he slay me, I will hope in him; yet I will argue my ways to his face.

Psalm 119:67 ESV / 154 helpful votes
Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I keep your word.

2 Corinthians 12:7 ESV / 151 helpful votes
So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I dont believe, I know......Knowing is a result of experience. It is pointless to quote scripture because one can spiritual-ize passages of riches, and naturalize passages of be poor, and vs versa. If you want to get people on your side one can point to others who are sick and poor and say because they are...i am. Or we can choose to believe more.

Why stay in poverty and sickness to be like everyone else, instead of raising yourself out of it and helping others do the same?

"For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe."

those that believe and hope for more arent special.....All that He has is yours too... but if you are just looking at what others have...you wont take advantage of it.

".....prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it...."

or dont prove it....the Father doesnt mind, and neither do I.

Blessings from God do not equate to wealth or health. Unless you are saying that Paul was being punished by God for being a faithfull servant.

The lie that God will give wealth or health to Christians is not found in the bible.
Only among those who distort the bible so they can either excuse their dubious practices used to makemoney or to extort wealth out of poor Christians who want to be rich.

Please note the bible does not condem wealth, it only expects the rich to use their wealth wisely.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Blessings from God do not equate to wealth or health. Unless you are saying that Paul was being punished by God for being a faithfull servant.

Blessings are subjective........A Mansion could be a blessing to me....because I can afford the upkeep and maintenance easily, while being a curse for the one that has to work themselves to death to keep and maintain it.....ending in bankruptcy or death for the person working. Riches are subjective as well...and not too many people put as much value on money and material possessions as Christians do. Im saying you can ask for what you desire and there is no standard for what one equates as riches or wealth. Some children are more satisfied with the wrapping than the "gift" inside the box.

The lie that God will give wealth or health to Christians is not found in the bible.
Only among those who distort the bible so they can either excuse their dubious practices used to makemoney or to extort wealth out of poor Christians who want to be rich.
To you it is a lie. To me it isnt. These can easily be proven....why try to convince people that God wont give health or supply wants and needs? It profits me nothing to get anyone to believe what I say. I want others to experience and know. But I see no fault in you convincing others of the inabilities of God....and I say continue on, if it gives you joy when you get others to believe that God doesnt promise health. It gives me joy to speak about the goodness of God, and the fact that nothing is impossible for him and the everyone who ask receives. Can we not co-exist?

Please note the bible does not condem wealth, it only expects the rich to use their wealth wisely.
The bible doesnt condemn the poor either, nor does it try to force or expect them to change their position. The options are there and free to take or not... It is not my job to take away or place judgement on the choices made by those given the free will to make their own choice.

• Winner
Reactions: want-love
Upvote 0

want-love

Dec 17, 2016
united states
✟36,489.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, a loving parent, and that is what the Lord is, disciplines us when he needs to.
i don't like your understanding of god, your understanding look alike the god of the old testament, a severe father, yes he is severe still but more than that he is great in misericordy

i repeat, i don't like your image of god
you've got a image

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
i don't like your understanding of god, your understanding look alike the god of the old testament, a severe father, yes he is severe still but more than that he is great in misericordy

i repeat, i don't like your image of god
you've got a image
A loving parent does discipline their child. It's for their own good.

Upvote 0