✟9,153.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Peace and Love in Wisconsin - HUMAN EVENTS

The losers, public unions, are going with their death threats and hissy fits after the Republicans figured out they didn't need any Democrats to end union grubbing off tax payers. Now those poor union slave will be dropping like flies in the streets from abject poverty.:sorry: Even one Democrat Congressmen compared these union peeps with slaves, which is a slap in the face to slaves.:doh:

EdwinWillers

Jan 13, 2010
Galt's Gulch
✟8,420.00
Country
Niue
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yep, it's called moral backbone and leadership.

Those union members are paid by the taxpayer, give their dues to their syndicate bosses, who contribute (fund) Democrat politicians with whom they later get to "collectively bargain." It's one of the most corrupt processes imaginable, which is why the unions are fighting so hard for the "right" to collectively bargain.

Heck, it's a no brainer for them to "concede" certain concessions now; they know full well the next election cycle they'll be back at the bargaining table with people whom their dues bought. When that happens, were they still able to collectively bargain, they know they can simply change the agreement back in their favor.

One heckuva sweetheart (and thoroughly corrupt) deal - the "right" to bargain for more benefits with people whom you've bought for that very purpose. That's why states are in such huge trouble and why the WI leaders held their ground. God bless them for their courage of convictions and backbone to hang in there and do the right thing. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Notamonkey

Dec 17, 2007
Mount Morris, MI
✟9,153.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I see this as something that will (IMHO) almost singlehandedly give the White House and the House to the Democrats in 2012. :wave:
tulc(is thinking about writing a thank you note to ex-Governor Walker after the election) ;)

Good, I'll also say it will help ensure Obama will be a one term Prez.

Upvote 0
U

Ukrainia

I see this as something that will (IMHO) almost singlehandedly give the White House and the House to the Democrats in 2012. :wave:
tulc(is thinking about writing a thank you note to ex-Governor Walker after the election) ;)

I wouldn't be too sure of that. Sure the public unions and the public school teachers won't forget this, but if Walker's plan works - and I think it will - jobs will be created, the deficit will be gone and this will all happen without the raising of any taxes. If those 3 likely things happen, Walker will have the support of conservatives and moderates and that's more than enough to win the state. It's a long time until the next election (and since he was just elected in November, an attempt at a recall cannot happen this year) and people have a "what have you done for me lately" attitude towards life, so he'll be more than fine.

Upvote 0

Chajara

iEdit
Jan 9, 2005
Milwaukee
Visit site
✟12,941.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
I wouldn't be too sure of that. Sure the public unions and the public school teachers won't forget this, but if Walker's plan works - and I think it will - jobs will be created, the deficit will be gone and this will all happen without the raising of any taxes. If those 3 likely things happen, Walker will have the support of conservatives and moderates and that's more than enough to win the state. It's a long time until the next election (and since he was just elected in November, an attempt at a recall cannot happen this year) and people have a "what have you done for me lately" attitude towards life, so he'll be more than fine.

Walker's plan is the same as any other corporatist politician's, Republican or Democrat: To get kickbacks and earn an awesome job in an industry that he helped out. Who the hell cares about getting reelected when you can bend laws in favor of an industry that will let you retire to a cushy job that'll have you a millionaire for the rest of your days?

Upvote 0
U

Ukrainia

Walker's plan is the same as any other corporatist politician's, Republican or Democrat: To get kickbacks and earn an awesome job in an industry that he helped out. Who the hell cares about getting reelected when you can bend laws in favor of an industry that will let you retire to a cushy job that'll have you a millionaire for the rest of your days?

Chajara, Scott Walker obviously has a different idea about what he thinks will improve Wisconsin than you do. That doesn't mean he's a bad guy. Just as I vehemently disagree with Obama's policies, I am not going to base weather or not I think he's an upstanding person because of it. Walker promised during the campaign for govenor that he would not raise taxes, and that he would cut into the deficit. Their is only one way to do that - by cutting government spending. That's what he's doing now. If you're a public employee, it might be frusterating, but don't buy into the conspiracy theories. I think a symptom of the nation's political culture is that people so often equate politicians whose policies they dislike with immoral people, even when they have no evidence for it. And that's just not a healthy thing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

religious&reasonable

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Feb 16, 2011
✟8,589.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
lol this whole situation was funny to me.

Both sides made laughably bad arguements and the whole thing was pointless. The original desicion was meh but the new one is LOL. Wisconsin is a very funny place. Not so different from washington.

The Dems were babies and misguided, The repubs were brash and tunnel-visioned. It was a lose-lose situation and we all came out as losers. If the Dems would've stayed and tried to reason and if the republicans would've been willing to listen we could've came to a reasonable compromise that was a winning situation for all.

but alas, we are run by idiots and have been for about 10 years now. The funny thing is the peole are even dumber for electing them everytime. It's the never ending circle of stupidity in politics.

Also Walker is a joke. You guys should hear that phone conversation with the fake Koke brothers he had. It's just LOL.

Reactions: RedDead1981
Upvote 0
U

Ukrainia

I don't know, when someone strips away a group of people rights, I have a hard time thinking they didn't do something I consider a bad thing. :sorry:
tulc(just a thought) :wave:

There is a big distinction between public and private sector unions, which I don't have time to get into much now. We've had private sector unions for a very long time, but public sector unions only from 1959 onwards. At a federal level employees don't have any collective bargaining powers. The main point being that with public sector unions it's the taxpayers that foot the bill for the salaries and benefits of the public workers, and yet it is the politicians - that often have votes to gain by giving unions great deals - who are making the deals, usually without any consideration for what the average taxpayer wants or can afford.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't know, when someone strips away a group of people rights, I have a hard time thinking they didn't do something I consider a bad thing. :sorry:
tulc(just a thought) :wave:

It's now a right to drain as much money as possible from private citizens to pay for pensions that we can't afford?

Must have missed that one.

Upvote 0

Notamonkey

Dec 17, 2007
Mount Morris, MI
✟9,153.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's now a right to drain as much money as possible from private citizens to pay for pensions that we can't afford?

Don't be surprised, many Dems politicians think that rights come from them.:bow::bow::bow::bow: Oh, thank you, great one, thank you.

Upvote 0

Saving Hawaii

Sep 6, 2008
Chico, CA
✟5,320.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Don't be surprised, many Dems politicians think that rights come from them.

And our new Republican overlords figure they might as well take them away. Too many people getting middle class wages just ain't a good thing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Notamonkey

Dec 17, 2007
Mount Morris, MI
✟9,153.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And our new Republican overlords figure they might as well take them away. Too many people getting middle class wages just ain't a good thing.
No, it's not, because the earnings are coming from tax payers. Cry all you want, but the money isn't there. Now they have to pay into there pension and health care like everyone else.

Upvote 0

Saving Hawaii

Sep 6, 2008
Chico, CA
✟5,320.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No, it's not, because the earnings are coming from tax payers. Cry all you want, but the money isn't there. Now they have to pay into there pension and health care like everyone else.

They already were paying for their pensions and healthcare.

Upvote 0

Saving Hawaii

Sep 6, 2008
Chico, CA
✟5,320.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
"The election's over, we won." That's what Obama said. Repubs got elected to do what they said they would do, and they did it, go figure.

Walker and his cronies never said that they were about to embark on a union-busting spree. This was an ambush on the State of Wisconsin, plain and simple.

Upvote 0

Drekkan85

Immortal until proven otherwise
Dec 9, 2008
Japan
✟23,051.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Liberals

Except the unions had already conceded to all the fiscal demands. The true irony is that the budget bill that was severed from the Collective Bargaining bill would have passed unanimously.

Rather, it's a right for labour to organize to protect their interests against monumentally powerful employers.

Upvote 0