Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Its on in Australia tonight :angel:( its 4.10 pm, now on Christmas day)
Well then, I am right on time to say:
MERRY CHRISTMAS, I hope your day will be filled with the love of Jesus!
God bless!

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, you should definitely watch.

"Every time a bell rings an angel gets his wings!"

Probably.. I read it's actually in the public domain now.. shouldn't be hard to find a place to watch it.

Sad to hear it wasn't that well received when it first came out.. and kind of put a dent on Capra's career.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Apparently Stewart's post-war PTSD influenced his performance in the film.
Jimmy Stewart Faced His PTSD While Acting In ‘It’s A Wonderful Life’.
Harsh

In 1941, at the age of 33, Stewart was awarded an Academy Award Oscar as best actor for his role in the movie, “The Philadelphia Story.” But WWII had begun and shortly after achieving this highest honor in his profession, Stewart enlisted in the U.S. Army. He was asked why he enlisted at the time, given the fact that he was already at the top of his craft in Hollywood.

“The country’s conscience is bigger than all the studios in Hollywood put together, and the time will come when we will have to fight,” he answered.

Like so many who have survived the realities of combat, Stewart was not untouched by the experience of Post Traumatic Stress. According to Forney’s article, in the final months of the war, Stewart was “grounded for being ‘flak happy,’” a term that implied PTSD in that era. On one of the missions he participated in his unit alone lost 13 planes and 130 men to enemy fighters and anti-aircraft fire.

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well then, I am right on time to say:
MERRY CHRISTMAS, I hope your day will be filled with the love of Jesus!
God bless!

Thank you so much and you too!:wave::heart:
(Sorry for the late reply)

Upvote 0

Vanellus

Sep 15, 2014
✟115,810.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Harsh

In 1941, at the age of 33, Stewart was awarded an Academy Award Oscar as best actor for his role in the movie, “The Philadelphia Story.” But WWII had begun and shortly after achieving this highest honor in his profession, Stewart enlisted in the U.S. Army. He was asked why he enlisted at the time, given the fact that he was already at the top of his craft in Hollywood.

“The country’s conscience is bigger than all the studios in Hollywood put together, and the time will come when we will have to fight,” he answered.

Like so many who have survived the realities of combat, Stewart was not untouched by the experience of Post Traumatic Stress. According to Forney’s article, in the final months of the war, Stewart was “grounded for being ‘flak happy,’” a term that implied PTSD in that era. On one of the missions he participated in his unit alone lost 13 planes and 130 men to enemy fighters and anti-aircraft fire.
Hmm - why harsh? This judgmental comment on my post isn't borne out by the rest of your post.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hmm - why harsh? This judgmental comment on my post isn't borne out by the rest of your post.
“The country’s conscience is bigger than all the studios in Hollywood put together, and the time will come when we will have to fight,”

Harshness of the war that he lived thru, harshness of the thought that it could all be for naught, harshness for the friends lost in battle, harsh that he needed to decide to live when that was already a fact and harsh that the choice needed to be not to die.

Upvote 0