Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, still talking about 250-500,000 immediate casualties, up to a million over time. In both cases, although from different causes, the rate of death continues after the immediate attack.

When you're doing targeting to actually fight a war, you learn that nukes aren't really magical even as weapons of destruction. It does, in fact, take targeting...and the US has a considerable amount of open space.
The US has smarty bombs that fly up to the bunker door and knock three times before entering.

Reactions: vincejohnson
Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Love my wife, 2 sons and Daughter. God is great!!
Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

You want to talk about control go to North Korea. NK has only four tv channels all which are state owned, they have only 28 websites available on the web and religious freedom is not allowed. Plus music and fashion is under government control (sources below). That's control.

Now nobody is forcing NK to threaten us and other countries. The facts are NK has threatened anyone they disagree with with war (sources for that on post 168).

Sources:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/90781778

Television in North Korea - Wikipedia

North Korean TV - TV from Korea, North.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/12969994

http://wordpress.clarku.edu/musc210...rth-korea-2/north-koreas-musical-environment/

http://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/...-s-what-you-re-allowed-to-wear_n_7331358.html

Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What Kim Jong Un threatens is retaliation.

He threatened war over US-South Korea drills that are conducted on South Korean land as I mentioned before. Kim is threatened by anything that he sees as a threat and he sees everything as a threat.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
The US has smarty bombs that fly up to the bunker door and knock three times before entering.

You mean "Number fifty four, the house with the bamboo door"?? Knock three times and say "Kim sent me".

Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's NOT time to bomb N Korea
What in your opinion should be done? Peace talks, giving money, giving aid, sanctions, military warnings and condemnation by other nations have had no results.

Even if I disagree I like hearing other opinions.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You mean "Number fifty four, the house with the bamboo door"?? Knock three times and say "Kim sent me".
Yes. And launched from the new F-52 jet being sold to Norway.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What in your opinion should be done? Peace talks, giving money, giving aid, sanctions, military warnings and condemnation by other nations have had no results.

Even if I disagree I like hearing other opinions.
Forgive me for jumping in, but why not do what South Korea wants to do? Something tells me they may not be as keen on saddling up as folks an ocean away.

Upvote 0

Favourofone

Dec 28, 2017
Stockhol
✟18,322.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually , if I was leader of North Korea and it looked like US was about to dispose of me and my nukes I would let it be known that I would lob few nukes to Moscow and Beijing as well as Seoul and Tokyo if I felt their support hadn’t been appropriate enough.

That might stiffen some political spines to deter US and what does it matter if you go to war with just US or other major players as well. You only die once anyway.

Upvote 0

jmldn2

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2013
✟85,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Where in the human condition are people motivated to do things to make their or their allies situations LESS safer?

Honestly, I usually giggle when I see people write stuff like this on a discussion forum. As if their opinions and how they choose to present them does NOT speak to "who they are, what they feel or what they care about". Sure you could be trolling, lying, or just saying a bunch of stuff for the sake of saying a bunch of stuff. I guess I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you were expressing your own opinion.

They have been there for a few years at least. That is actually though, not nearly as big of a deal as you want to make it out to be.

Definitely, truely not. My parents and grandparents were liberated by (mostly) Canadian, American and Brittish forces from Holland in WWII. I recognize there are reasons to go to war.

What I DO hate is "We gotta bomb 'em" attitude that clearly considers no intricacies or has any kind of nuanced or deep though invested in it. I would imagine that without googling it, you have NO IDEA how many people live in South Korea OR Seoul your actual ally (let alone your enemy in N.Korea). I guarantee you don't know the GDP of NK, nor do you have a strong sense of their weapon capabilities beyond "They probably got a nuke".

You are "ass-uming" quite a bit about me and your venom to my posts are showing thru a hole in your own posts.

You as well are assassinating my character with your stance towards my intelligence.

Do you have any inkling of how to carry on a discussion with someone of a difference of opinion with doing any of the above?

Your guarantee(s) are just that; your own and not back up with any factual data.

Upvote 0

jmldn2

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2013
✟85,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Many of the links you provided are biased and are fully false. Make a thread and I would be more then happy to show lots of different sources on this issue when I have time. But your post is far from truth and it seems you just do not like Israel and are using fake news to back up you hatred of them. If this is not the case please make a thread on this subject as this is not the place for that debate. Thank you.

Thank you for this reply to that person.

I concur

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,409.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
You are "ass-uming" quite a bit about me and your venom to my posts are showing thru a hole in your own posts.

You as well are assassinating my character with your stance towards my intelligence.

Do you have any inkling of how to carry on a discussion with someone of a difference of opinion with doing any of the above?

Your guarantee(s) are just that; your own and not back up with any factual data.
I am only assuming things based on your posts; frankly, I don't really think I have mentioned nor alluded toward your intelligence. If I am wrong, I would LITERALLY love to be actually corrected.
As for my guarantees? Nope. When I was living in South Korea, I read up a bit on the Norks. The last time I looked at the answers for the questions I asked you was about 3 months ago (I frequently have conversations about stuff like this with my friends back in south korea).

As with sooooooo many other conflicts that exist in the world, it seems that the more informed people are with facts (and the more connected they are to a particular place) and an understanding of the politics and personalities involved, the more likely that peaceful resolution will be the desired outcome. The more opinions are based on fear and ignorance, the more likely someone will support violence.
Not to say that is necessarily you in this situation. But I find that is true as a generalized statement about global conflict

Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Reactions: jmldn2
Upvote 0

jmldn2

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2013
✟85,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I am only assuming things based on your posts; frankly, I don't really think I have mentioned nor alluded toward your intelligence. If I am wrong, I would LITERALLY love to be actually corrected.
As for my guarantees? Nope. When I was living in South Korea, I read up a bit on the Norks. The last time I looked at the answers for the questions I asked you was about 3 months ago (I frequently have conversations about stuff like this with my friends back in south korea).

As with sooooooo many other conflicts that exist in the world, it seems that the more informed people are with facts (and the more connected they are to a particular place) and an understanding of the politics and personalities involved, the more likely that peaceful resolution will be the desired outcome. The more opinions are based on fear and ignorance, the more likely someone will support violence.
Not to say that is necessarily you in this situation. But I find that is true as a generalized statement about global conflict

You seem to have "toned down" a bit in this reply to me and I appreciate that. Since we have no clue about one another other than these few posts under this thread, it is possible to misinterpret words posted without a face and body language to go with it.

And no you shouldn't assume I have no facts nor any knowledge about the OP. I have stated I am certainly not a military expert nor am I a government official with the "inside" information about NK.

Suffice it to say that if a "peaceful" solution could be achieved, then all would be well. I submit, however, that one cannot reason with a maniac and from all Kim has spoken and shown recently, that's exactly what he is.

My sympathies lie with the innocent people of that rogue nation. They are the pawns in this whole situation.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Okay, war story:

At the start of DESERT STORM, on the very first night, a bit after midnight, I was doing strike assessment. My first objective was the Iraq Ministry of Defence building. My objective list said it was targeted by 3x AGM-86 ALCMs.

I could tell from the imagery that, indeed, each wing of the three-wing building was collapsed from an internal explosion. I counted that as a successful strike.

The next morning as I drove home, I listened to a CNN reporter who happened to have been right across the river from the MOD Hq as it was struck. He reported seeing the three missiles streak right through the main front doors of the building, one right after the other.

The Vietnam war was still going on when I entered the Air Force, and my first strike assessments were for B-52 strikes in North Vietnam. The B-52 bomb load destroyed an area about the size of a football field, including the sidelines and end zones. Frequently, even that totally missed the intended target.

The Persian Gulf War was the first times we saw the new generation of smart bombs in actual operation, and it was incredible. In Vietnam, we were looking at craters all over the landscape, like looking at the dark side of the moon. In Baghdad, we were looking for pinholes in the roofs of buildings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The generation of cruise missiles we used in the Persian Gulf war (before the full constellation of GPS satellites was in orbit) actually had the picture of the target in their computers and a camera on the warhead. So, yeah, it had a picture of a particular door or window or rooftop to hit.

Upvote 0

vincejohnson

Dec 13, 2017
austin
✟17,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He threatened war over US-South Korea drills that are conducted on South Korean land as I mentioned before. Kim is threatened by anything that he sees as a threat and he sees everything as a threat.

With friends like you one can only wonder why?

N. Korea is not a threat to the world but hate mongering posters are!!

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
G-d, I thought you were posting about Israel.

my misrtake
I'm moving on :)-
That’s why they need to get a room or take the Israel discussion outside.

Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
With friends like you one can only wonder why?

N. Korea is not a threat to the world but hate mongering posters are!!

It seems that many countries disagree with you as you can see in post 168 where I posted many sources. Not to mention a threat to their own people as well as the world as I have already shown. Now do you want to provide anything regarding this story like credible sources or just non-factual statements?

South Korea and Japan's leaders agree to 'no longer tolerate North Korea's threats to security'

Last edited:
Reactions: jmldn2
Upvote 0