Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But I believe that many would turn over to our side after they see the lies that the government put over their eyes. Plus starvation will make North Korea less effective if a war does happen. Not to mention many more would defect to run from a government that has been torturing and killing them and their families.

Not after being bombed.

Upvote 0

jmldn2

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2013
✟85,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
That's the type of thinking Kim might have is to think everyone is after him and he has to build nuclear weapons to defend himself as every outsider is out to get him (Kim has a long history of threatening countries that he disagrees with). But that sort of paranoia delusion that everyone is after him and these nuclear weapons will save him may eventually lead him to launch nuclear missiles. He gets threatened easily like when US and South Korea does defense drills on South Korean land.

IMHO he is delusional and paranoid. Those two mixed together are very dangerous.

Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Love my wife, 2 sons and Daughter. God is great!!
Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not after being bombed.

A controlled strike destroying it's nuclear capabilities is different then hitting populated cities.

Reactions: jmldn2
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
So then you are speaking for all of South Koreans
1) I don't claim to. The research and data and speak loudly enough on that point. What I am doing is asking you to CONSIDER them which is something I have not yet seen you address whatsoever; the effect of a war on VERY CLOSE American allies. Talk about that; This may be an interesting conversation topic.

What do you have against the USA?
In terms of this discussion? I literally could not have been clearer. Do you disagree with my appraisal? And if you do, why?

I understand from your posts that you seem to think Kim is not to be a concern.
Why do you think that? I am asking you to articulate why Kim is a concern for YOU.
As for my opinion on whether Kim is a concern, well, due to my experience in the region and speaking with people there who have lived there their entire lives, no, he is in fact NOT a concern for me whatsoever. For MOST of the people living there, also, he is not a concern.

But I asked you a question about that: Why is he a concern FOR YOU, given the lopsided...EVERYTHING involved in a comparison between the US and NK?

I don't think you and I will agree about this issue other than innocent lives which are even now being affected by this tyrant.
We may not but the difference is this thread has several articles that support (and better articulate) my argument yet I have seen nothing from your side of the argument. And frankly, I haven't really seen you addressing MY questions in any meaningful way.

Upvote 0

jmldn2

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2013
✟85,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
A controlled strike destroying it's nuclear capabilities is different then hitting populated cities.

And that is what I comprehended from the beginning of the OP. Others seem to believe it is the consequence of the USA to just drop a bomb on NK and eradicate the whole place.

Then there are others who believe this issue should just be allowed to go on and on and on as it has been allowed for the last 25 years.

Upvote 0

jmldn2

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2013
✟85,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Nothing can be known about this week’s talks between North and South Korea other than their likely outcome. As in every previous encounter, South Korea will almost certainly reward North Korea’s outrageous misconduct by handing over substantial sums of money, thus negating long-overdue sanctions recently imposed by the United Nations Security Council. Meanwhile, the North will continue to make progress toward its goal of deploying several nuclear-armed, mobile intercontinental ballistic missiles, having already tested nuclear-explosive devices in October 2006, May 2009, February 2013, January 2016, September 2016, and September 2017

Each test would have been an excellent occasion for the United States to finally decide to do to North Korea what Israel did to Iraq in 1981, and to Syria in 2007 — namely, use well-aimed conventional weapons to deny nuclear weapons to regimes that shouldn’t have firearms, let alone weapons of mass destruction. Fortunately, there is still time for Washington to launch such an attack to destroy North Korea’s nuclear arsenal. It should be earnestly considered rather than rejected out of hand.

More from this article at:

It’s Time to Bomb North Korea

Getting back to your OP, I agree totally with the objective to be "destroy NK nuclear arsenal. I see no valid reason why this can't be done. Surely, we have the capacity to do such.

Upvote 0

jmldn2

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2013
✟85,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
"It’s true that India, Israel, and Pakistan all have those weapons, with no catastrophic consequences so far. But each has proven its reliability in ways that North Korea has not. Their embassies, for instance, don’t sell hard drugs or traffic in forged banknotes. More pertinently, those other countries have gone through severe crises, and even fought wars, without ever mentioning nuclear weapons, let alone threatening their use as Kim Jong Un already has. North Korea is different, and U.S. policy should recognize that reality before it is too late."

Another part of the article link from the OP and very interesting.

Upvote 0

Think like Christ

Jan 11, 2018
Vancouver
✟9,163.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nothing can be known about this week’s talks between North and South Korea other than their likely outcome. As in every previous encounter, South Korea will almost certainly reward North Korea’s outrageous misconduct by handing over substantial sums of money, thus negating long-overdue sanctions recently imposed by the United Nations Security Council. Meanwhile, the North will continue to make progress toward its goal of deploying several nuclear-armed, mobile intercontinental ballistic missiles, having already tested nuclear-explosive devices in October 2006, May 2009, February 2013, January 2016, September 2016, and September 2017

Each test would have been an excellent occasion for the United States to finally decide to do to North Korea what Israel did to Iraq in 1981, and to Syria in 2007 — namely, use well-aimed conventional weapons to deny nuclear weapons to regimes that shouldn’t have firearms, let alone weapons of mass destruction. Fortunately, there is still time for Washington to launch such an attack to destroy North Korea’s nuclear arsenal. It should be earnestly considered rather than rejected out of hand.

More from this article at:

It’s Time to Bomb North Korea
If you don't care about South Korean lives, then I suppose it makes sense.

Given Trump's numerous racist statements, and the fact that South Koreans are not white, I'm not sure Trump does care. This is not a good situation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you don't care about South Korean lives, then I suppose it makes sense.

Given Trump's numerous racist statements, and the fact that South Koreans are not white, I'm not sure Trump does care. This is not a good situation.

Did I say I didn't care? You assume much it seems. The facts are taking out North Korea's nuclear capabilities will save many lives from a very possible nuclear war. A nuclear war will kill millions and we have an opportunity to destroy NK's nuclear weapons from ever being used.

The facts are every past administration has allowed it to get this far. By the way everything in the original post was not my words but from the article.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Followers4christ

Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

No, it isn't. It wouldn't be for Americans or for anyone else. Nobody in any country ever thinks, "Their bombs didn't hit me, so those are okay folk over there."

That's just silly, arrogantly wishful thinking.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They just sent 3 B-2 Stealth Bombers near NK. So we could destroy NK's nuclear weapons no problem by dropping a controlled strike using a bunker buster.

US deploys 3 B-2 stealth bombers to Guam in message to North Korea

A "bunker buster" is not a mountain buster--North Koreans don't build bunkers, they burrow into mountains.

And they have a lot of mountains and a lot of mountain burrows. It would be a shell game multiplied by whack-a-mole. They have the Cheyenne Mountain Complex multiplied by a couple of hundred.

Unless you've spent the time I have searching for all their holes, you just don't understand...and they never, ever stop digging more of them.

It would not be some "quick, surgical strike." It would take several weeks, maybe months, of continuous bombing, bombing, and bombing. The US might literally run out of missiles before they ran out of holes.

Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, it isn't. It wouldn't be for Americans or for anyone else. Nobody in any country ever thinks, "Their bombs didn't hit me, so those are okay folk over there."

That's just silly, arrogantly wishful thinking.

If my country staved me and my family, sent my friends to camps that resemble the Nazis camps and I was under threat to obey a dictator. Yes I wouldn't care if someone bombed my country. For many North Koreans who are not loyal to their country as 200,000 is in China alone. I doubt those who want out of this country or are living under fear will care much.

Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A "bunker buster" is not a mountain buster--North Koreans don't build bunkers, they burrow into mountains.

And they have a lot of mountains and a lot of mountain burrows. It would be a shell game multiplied by whack-a-mole. They have the Cheyenne Mountain Complex multiplied by a couple of hundred.

Unless you've spent the time I have searching for all their holes, you just don't understand...and they never, ever stop digging more of them.

It would not be some "quick, surgical strike." It would take several weeks, maybe months, of continuous bombing, bombing, and bombing. The US might literally run out of missiles before they ran out of holes.

We have many options today not just bunker Buster's. Here are a few:

9 Ways the U.S. Could Bomb North Korea's Deepest Bunkers

South Korea Reveals Plan to Hit The North With a Huge Missile Barrage If War Erupts

Watch South Korea respond to North Korea with a bunker-busting missile perfect for Kim

Not to mention the tunnels they were using collapsed.

200 feared dead after tunnel collapses at North Korean nuclear test site, Japanese TV claims

North Korean nuke test radiation could blow into Japan, report says

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If my country staved me and my family, sent my friends to camps that resemble the Nazis camps and I was under threat to obey a dictator. Yes I wouldn't care if someone bombed my country. For many North Koreans who are not loyal to their country as 200,000 is in China alone. I doubt those who want out of this country or are living under fear will care much.

No. And the evidence that you're wrong lies in all the wars blacks in the US have been willing to fight for the US.

Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No. And the evidence that you're wrong lies in all the wars blacks in the US have been willing to fight for the US.

First there are labor slavery in NK but the camps that resemble Nazi Germany camps are much worse. People risk their lives to get out of this cruel dictatorship that torture and kills anyone the government disagrees with.

Also to try to use what happened in America to what is happening in North Korea today is historically inaccurate. Not to mention many black soldiers would not care if their country was bombed as many of them were forced to serve.

How North Korea Uses Slave Labor Exports to Circumvent Sanctions

Kim Jong Un sends North Korean slaves to Russia to earn cash for regime

(Please refer to post 258 of this thread)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Umm, yes. If your enemy is starving and their military is eating grass...and yet you threaten them with destruction...yep, that makes you the bad guy.

First Kim and his generals are far from starving. Kim is starving his own people as he threatens countries with nuclear war that makes Kim the bad guy.

The guy that starves, tortures and kills his people is a bad person I think we can all agree with that.

If a man rather have nuclear technology to threaten other countries with instead of taking care of his own people and keeping them in slavery is without a doubt a bad guy.

Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yeh lets bomb North Korea with fire and fury for Jesus :scratch:

Are police good or bad? Are soldiers who protect and serve this country good or bad? Is taking out a nuclear site to save possibly millions of lives good or bad?

This is all about saving lives. North Korea is building nuclear technology that Kim and defectors have claimed Kim is fully capable and threatened us with nuclear war. Should we not take him at his word and possibly save millions of lives?

Upvote 0