Sebring, FL
✟666,787.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
As you've read about the Exodus out of Egypt, God's specific plans for the building of the tabernacle, was the blueprint from the one in heaven. It has always existed, and still does. That ark is the eternal one, the one made by Moses was a replica. The ark in heaven contains God's eternal laws. I doubt that there is a cross in heaven.

You might want to consider this question, instead of the cross. What was the "sign" of the first covenant that was included within God's first covenant laws? And what is the "sign" of the new covenant that has deeper commandments? Here is how I see the answers in Scripture.

Exodus 31:13 the Sabbath was the sign of the first covenant. Christ fulfilled this foreshadow of resting/trusting in Him. It is through trusting Christ that we enter into God's rest. Hebrews 4.

1 Corinthians 11:25 you are close with the cross, but what was shed on that cross? Blood. Therefore the Cup of the New Covenant is the sign of the New Covenant.

CharismaticLady: "The ark in heaven contains God's eternal laws. I doubt that there is a cross in heaven."

Your views are very Old Testament-oriented.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
CharismaticLady: "The ark in heaven contains God's eternal laws. I doubt that there is a cross in heaven."

Your views are very Old Testament-oriented.

Read the rest of my post. Or show me in Scripture where the cross is the sign of the New Covenant, as I did. Did you even read past the first sentence???

Last edited:
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
To me this sounds like it is straight out of the Roman Catholic/Eastern Orthodox antisemitic tradition.
You call Roman Catholic/Eastern Orthodox tradition "antisemitic!" Are you a Protestant? Weren't the majority of Hitler's antisemites "Protestants?" This forum is supposed to be a safe house for non-Dispensationalists.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dale

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟666,787.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You call Roman Catholic/Eastern Orthodox tradition "antisemitic!" Are you a Protestant? Weren't the majority of Hitler's antisemites "Protestants?" This forum is supposed to be a safe house for non-Dispensationalists.

You are twisting what I said. I am not a Dispensationalist.

It is a known fact that traditionally, Catholics have had a very dim view of Jews.

I can't find anything in the Bible to support the traditional Catholic view that the Antichrist will be a Jew born in Israel. That's why I wonder if that view arose only from prejudice.

Upvote 0

usexpat97

kewlness
Aug 1, 2012
Ecuador
✟76,839.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
To me this sounds like it is straight out of the Roman Catholic/Eastern Orthodox antisemitic tradition.

LOL. So...one religion has something bad to say about another? Judaism is the wrong religion. Its followers who disown Jesus are going to Hell. And this is somehow any different from any other religion disavowing any other religion, as has always been done since the beginning of religion?

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It is a known fact that traditionally, Catholics have had a very dim view of Jews.
Perhaps all religions have dim views of other religions (this includes the Jewish view of Christianity). But the charge of "antisemitism" is a different issue altogether.

Vocabulary.com defines Antisemitism as "the intense dislike for and prejudice against Jewish people.” It goes on to say, “Antisemitism is prejudice against and hatred for Jewish people. Discriminating against Jews is an example of antisemitism. . . .

"Antisemitism is an ugly thing, similar to racism or sexism. Unfortunately, antisemitism has been one of the strongest forms of hatred in the history of the world, as seen in events like the Holocaust, in which Nazi Germany killed six millions Jews.”

Non-Dispensationalism is NOT equivalent to Antisemitism. I wish we respect Church traditions that differ with ours.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

Dale

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟666,787.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Perhaps all religions have dim views of other religions (this includes the Jewish view of Christianity). But the charge of "antisemitism" is a different issue altogether.

Vocabulary.com defines Antisemitism as "the intense dislike for and prejudice against Jewish people.” It goes on to say, “Antisemitism is prejudice against and hatred for Jewish people. Discriminating against Jews is an example of antisemitism. . . .

"Antisemitism is an ugly thing, similar to racism or sexism. Unfortunately, antisemitism has been one of the strongest forms of hatred in the history of the world, as seen in events like the Holocaust, in which Nazi Germany killed six millions Jews.”

Non-Dispensationalism is NOT equivalent to Antisemitism. I wish we respect Church traditions that differ with ours.

It is well known that Vatican II changed the RCC's position on Jews and Judaism. Traditionally, many Catholic figures have been very harsh on Jews and Judaism.

I wouldn't have thought that mentioning that would bring so much disagreement.

Upvote 0