✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
LINK

BEIRUT, Lebanon (CNN) -- Israeli aircraft bombed Beirut International Airport on Thursday before blocking naval traffic in Lebanese waters as Israel expanded its military campaign against Hezbollah guerrillas who kidnapped two Israeli soldiers.

Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said Thursday he fears a "regional war is mounting" in the wake of Israel's military campaigns in Lebanon and Gaza. "This is not our interest and will not bring peace and stability to the region," Abbas said, referring to "this (Israeli) aggression."

momalle1

Veteran
Sep 27, 2005
✟10,482.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Neverstop said:
Ever since I was old enough to read I've been watching the endless death in that region. It's just too sad...how many more generations have to suffer before people will truly seek a resolution?

Do you think there will ever be a resolution? I'm sad to say this, but there will never be a resolution there unless on or the other is obliterated. Even then I'm not sure there will be peace there.

Upvote 0

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
momalle1 said:
Do you think there will ever be a resolution? I'm sad to say this, but there will never be a resolution there unless on or the other is obliterated. Even then I'm not sure there will be peace there.

I have no doubt there is a resolution available but neither side wishes to exercise anything remotely related to humility.

Maybe the US should install "Democracies" in both places as a beacon of Freedom for all Warring places on the Earth?

Upvote 0

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
OttawaUk said:
Biblically speaking, isn't the only one who succeed in a peace agreement, the "Antichrist", Man of Sin, or Beast?

In the end though it turns out to be a false peace?

OU

The End Times should not be a concern for Christians as we are told by Christ only the Father knows when that will happen. In the meantime, we are to follow Christ as close as possible which means working for peaceful resolutions.

Upvote 0

Foolish_Fool

Wanderer
Jun 3, 2006
Here
✟19,855.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
There will be no peace because of two major problems.

1- Independent millitants harassing Israel, thus inciting millitary retaliation.
2- The Israeli millitary using heavy handed tactics and punishing entire countries for the actions of a handful of people, thus inciting millitant retaliation.

If things continue to get worse, I think the only solution will be UN intervention. Put troops on Israel's borders and be ready to stop any agression from either side. Everything from tracking down rocket launch sites in Lebanon to shooting down Israeli planes that cross into foriegn airspace. Take no sides and stop anybody that dares to cause trouble.

Reactions: Nightson
Upvote 0

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
OttawaUk said:
Biblically speaking, isn't the only one who succeed in a peace agreement, the "Antichrist", Man of Sin, or Beast?

OU

You are correct. I need to find the scripture:blush:, but from what I remember...when there is a so-called "peace", that is when your eyes need to stay on that region....

Upvote 0

momalle1

Veteran
Sep 27, 2005
✟10,482.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OttawaUk said:

OU

That leaves a lot of "what ifs". There is no doubt Israel has the military power to just run over whomever it wants in the Middle East. It's also highly unlikely they would go it alone, I don't want to jump on a bandwagon or sound like a doom-sayer, but it could possibly be the start of another world war. In the end, I would think Israel and it's allies would be successful, thus creating peace. Would that make Israel and it's allies the antichrist?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Foolish_Fool

Wanderer
Jun 3, 2006
Here
✟19,855.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
momalle1 said:
That leaves a lot of "what ifs". There is no doubt Israel has the military power to just run over whomever it wants in the Middle East. It's also highly unlikely they would go it alone, I don't want to jump on a bandwagon or sound like a doom-sayer, but it could possibly be the start of another world war. In the end, I would think Israel and it's allies would be successful, thus creating peace. Would that make Israel and it's allies the antichrist?

Oh how I love irony!

Upvote 0

nicthaninja

Jul 11, 2006
✟7,673.00
Faith
Non-Denom
This means that on the brink of another war we need to gather around our Christian leader and pray for the strength to guide us through these troubling times. He stopped the great evil terrorism and he also desposed one of the most evil leaders in the world that was on the brink of causing a man made Armeggedon. Have faith my brothers and sisters Bush will guide us in this time as he communes with God.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
nicthaninja said:
This means that on the brink of another war we need to gather around our Christian leader and pray for the strength to guide us through these troubling times. He stopped the great evil terrorism and he also desposed one of the most evil leaders in the world that was on the brink of causing a man made Armeggedon. Have faith my brothers and sisters Bush will guide us in this time as he communes with God.
You're joking right?

Upvote 0

TerabyTe

Senior Veteran
Apr 11, 2004
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟18,329.00
Faith
Christian
It seems now that Hezbollah has launched rockets at the Israeli city of Haifa(though it's now saying they denied it, so maybe it was somebody else), and both sides seem to consider the strikes against their countries acts of war.

I really hope this stops before more people get caught up in the violence..

Upvote 0

pastel

Lex orandi lexest credendi
Jan 9, 2005
Markleeville
✟6,186.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh I'm sure there will be a way to drag the U.S. and our boys and girls into that war. Every time something like this crops up, I shiver. Let them fight their own wars, I say. Not many of us can say we are not sick of it all at this point. Our efforts may slow the terrorists down, but only fuels them for their next effort. The terrorists are not interested in peace at all. I also know that appeasement is not going to work, either. :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pastel

Lex orandi lexest credendi
Jan 9, 2005
Markleeville
✟6,186.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I <3 Abraham said:
Anybody who wants to, I'm starting a thread in prayer requests for this to resolve peacefully and with as little bloodshed as possible. Here it is.

Thank you, this is an excellent idea. :)

Upvote 0

icedtea

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2006
Ohio
✟30,909.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Foolish_Fool said:
2- The Israeli millitary using heavy handed tactics and punishing entire countries for the actions of a handful of people, thus inciting millitant retaliation.
For a minute there, I thought you'd written American instead of Israeli...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.