• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Is Yoga wrong?

Discussion in 'Christian Advice' started by MayYouBeBlessed, Jul 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pedra

Pedra Newbie

+168
    Baptist
    Married
    Sorry , you drank the new age kool aid. They are giving you the kindergarten version of info,
    I can tell you for a FACT these are spirits.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. MayYouBeBlessed

MayYouBeBlessed Member

+31
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Interesting! But didn't Jesus say, "God's kingdom is within you".

3. ViaCrucis

ViaCrucis Evangelical Catholic of the Augsburg Confession

+15,193
    United States
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    A more accurate translation would be "in your midst" or "among you". Jesus was talking to hostile interrogators when He says this. The kingdom in their midst was Himself.

-CryptoLutheran

4. MayYouBeBlessed

MayYouBeBlessed Member

+31
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Absolutely not. It's part of who you are. Like your blood or finger

5. MayYouBeBlessed

MayYouBeBlessed Member

+31
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    "Within" means in your true self, it's the most accurate translstion

6. dms1972

dms1972 Well-Known Member Supporter

+566
    Non-Denom
    Single
    So why not just do deep breathing and stretching?

7. Pedra

Pedra Newbie

+168
    Baptist
    Married
    Sorry you are very naive.

8. ViaCrucis

+15,193
    United States
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    γὰρ ἡ βασιλεία τοῦ θεοῦ ἐντὸς ὑμῶν ἐστιν
    for the kingdom of God is in the midst of y'all.

*ὑμῶν is the second person plural pronoun, it is the plural "you", not the singular "you". Modern English lacks the second person plural pronoun, but it does exist in some regional dialects, such as Southern American "y'all". As such to help emphasize this point, I thought I'd use this colloquialism here.

Yes, the word ἐντὸς simply means "within" or "inside", but context is necessary here.

Is Jesus telling the violent and hostile interrogators that God's kingdom is located somewhere deep inside of them? The answer to that is no, that's not what He's saying.

Hence, contextually, "in your midst" or similar has been used by many translations to emphasize the context of Jesus' words: the kingdom is not some earthly system of power "that comes with observation", but rather the kingdom is hidden right before their very eyes. Jesus, the Messiah, the King of the kingdom, was right there, among them, looking them right in the eye.

The kingdom is not an esoteric principle in myself, nor is it a system of worldly power. The kingdom, instead, is the invasion of God into the world to heal, rescue, and redeem the world. This kingdom is the kingdom where blind are given vision, where lame are made to walk, where sinners find reconciliation, where the weak and the poor and the lowly are lifted up. Because God's kingdom exalts the lowly, and humbles the proud. The kingdom is the invasion of God into the world, to turn the world up on its head, through this Jesus, God's Messiah, the King of kings and Lord of lords who comes to wear a crown made of thorns, and to be hung upon a cross in shame and humility.

This is the majestic paradox of our faith, that He is, as St. Augustine says, Victor quia Victima, He is victor because He is a victim.

-CryptoLutheran

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. ViaCrucis

+15,193
    United States
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    I don't know, why not? Is that a trick question?

-CryptoLutheran

10. MayYouBeBlessed

MayYouBeBlessed Member

+31
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    I think you don't understand reality of how human beings really work.

11. LaBèlla

LaBèlla Well-Known Member

+1,640
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I’ve walked the Kundalini and Tantric paths. I never used sound waves. I moved the energy with ease from root to crown and the sacred space above it. Nevertheless, I would never open those doors or expose myself to the spiritual dangers of its practice.

I am aware my affinity for Eastern faiths was largely due to the peace I experienced in comparison to Western teachings. However, that doesn’t dismiss what resides behind these practices. I can’t separate the demonic or sanitize it either. The root affects the fruit.

Yoga is infused with Vedic teachings and poses which honor their gods much like you see in belly dance and bharatanatyam. As the Bhagavad Gita states:

“However men try to reach me, I return their love with my love; whatever path they may travel, it leads to me in the end."

God is not the author of that statement. It’s attributed to Krishna. If you’ve never explored the sacred texts associated with its beliefs you’re ignorant of the truths its practitioners adhere to. It’s more than physical.

The sensations you’re experiencing are in relation to the practices you’ve undertaken. Kundalini is a serpent spirit. This is the spirit that resided within the girl Paul rebuked in Acts 16.

It happened that as we were going to the way of salvation.” She continued doing this for many days. But Paul was greatly annoyed, and turned and said to the spirit, “I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her!” And it came out at that very moment.

It counterfeits the spiritual gift of discernment. Her knowledge came through a spirit of divination. It didn’t come from God. I operate in that gift and experience the spirit realm in 5 senses. That’s why I was adept. But the Lord endowed me with His gifts for kingdom work not the occult or related practices.

You are beckoning them to you and opening a channel they will travel when given the chance. For a time, the experiences will be pleasant and you’ll feel yourself awakening. But wait until you attempt to step back or give more attention to God. Watch how your Christian life diminishes as the other increases.

Wait until the visualizations come and notice what happens over time. They consume more and you’ll begin to exhibit the physical results of their presence.

Every spirit needs a host. That’s where you come in. No one can convince you to lay this down. But if you don’t you’ll remember the thread and warnings you ignored.

Because you’ve posed the question your culpability is greater than the one who acts in ignorance. As a result, you may experience greater hardship trying to break free than another would who learned the truth later.

I was not in Christ when I did the same and ignorant of the truth. I did not give my life to Him and entertain other gods. Turn back. This won’t go well.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Pedra

Pedra Newbie

+168
    Baptist
    Married
    So you are trying to market on a Christian forum concerning yogic spiritual practices & you are claiming Jesus teachings meant the same as the yoga teachings?
    You stated that you left Christianity because it didn't "do it for you" and so now you are putting yourself in category of promoting other religions false teachings to Christians.

13. MayYouBeBlessed

MayYouBeBlessed Member

+31
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    It's your opinion.

14. MayYouBeBlessed

MayYouBeBlessed Member

+31
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Where? I never said so. I'm much more a Christisn now than ever before. Yoga brought me to a whole new level of understanding.

15. Pedra

Pedra Newbie

+168
    Baptist
    Married
    She is really spiritually naive.

16. Pedra

Pedra Newbie

+168
    Baptist
    Married
    The bible says we cannot mix darkness with light. You are entertaining demons unawares.

17. MayYouBeBlessed

MayYouBeBlessed Member

+31
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    You didn't answer my question in the style of the Deceiver who evades answering straight questions

18. visionary

visionary Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I. Supporter

+6,055
    Messianic
    Interesting and telling about your faith.... I am sorry to hear that you have found more spirituality and closer relationship with God through yoga... telling that those you associate with in Church are not feeding your soul ..

19. LaBèlla

LaBèlla Well-Known Member

+1,640
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I don’t have a good feeling about this and that remained while responding. Hopefully she learns the truth.

20. ViaCrucis

+15,193
    United States
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    It's not merely my opinion, it's a pretty standard understanding by biblical exegetes. Even among those who take the "within" otherwise still understand this to be the kingdom, and thus Christ, reigning in the hearts of men by grace and faith. What is not permitted is an esoteric interpretation of the kingdom.

Luke 17:21 Commentaries: nor will they say, 'Look, here it is!' or, 'There it is!' For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst."

From the Catena Aurea of Thomas Aquinas which records commentaries of many ancient fathers and churchmen,

"CYRIL; Now it is only for the benefit of each individual that He says that which follows, For behold the kingdom of God is within you; that is, it rests with you and your own hearts to receive it. For every man who is justified by faith and the grace of God, and adorned with virtues, may obtain the kingdom of heaven.

[BEDE:] For that time can be observed neither by men nor angels, not as the time of the Incarnation which was proclaimed by the foretelling of Prophets and the heraldings of Angels.” Wherefore He adds, Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, Lo there! Or else, They ask about the kingdom of God, because, as is said below, they thought that on our Lord’s coming into Jerusalem, the kingdom of God would be immediately manifested. Therefore our Lord answers, that the kingdom of God will not come with observation.

GREG NYSS. Or, perhaps, the kingdom of God being within us, means that joy that is implanted in our hearts by the Holy Spirit. For that is, as it were, the image and pledge of the everlasting joy with which in the world to come the souls of the Saints rejoice.

BEDE; Or the kingdom of God means that He Himself is placed in the midst of them, that is, reigning in their hearts by faith.
    "

There is no "true self" known by Jesus or the Apostles, such notions are wholly foreign to the biblical paradigm and Christian tradition.

-CryptoLutheran

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.