Is yoga okay?

Apr 14, 2011
✟9,428.00
Faith
Christian
There is no such thing. You can call a rabbit a duck but that won't make him quack.

If you think that the G-d of Israel commands us to do Yoga you are very, very wrong.

This is basically practicing enchantment and sorcery.
So we don't have Christian Baseball?

Reactions: xDenax
Upvote 0

juleamager

Anglo-Catholic with Byzantine patrimony
Jun 28, 2013
South Orange, New Jersey, United States
✟7,891.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Personally, I'm fine with both tai chi (love tai chi very much) and yoga. I believe that as medicinal and health practices, they are fine, and even as meditation and spirtual practices if we use it only to honour the Adon Olam - the Master of the Universe.

Those who are not Christians and practice these things are fine in my book as well. I believe that Hashem hears the prayers of all people. The prayers of a Hindu are just as valid as those of a Christian.

Upvote 0

juleamager

Jun 28, 2013
✟7,891.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Whoa! Do you want to explain that?

Dan C

I really don't think there is anything to explain. I mean exactly what I said, I believe with all my heart that Hashem hears the prayers of all the people of the earth.

Upvote 0

juleamager

Jun 28, 2013
✟7,891.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I honestly don't care about the roots of the symbol for physicians. Medicine and the science behind it is a gift to many people, and I will continue to use it. If you are that superstitious and scared about the symbol, you obviously don't know how many things our society and culture get from the "pagans".

Reactions: RisingSpirit
Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Hmmm.......well, what about this....

Do you remember when the Hebrews in the wilderness were being bit and killed by the poisonous vipers?
Do you remember when The Lord said to Moses, “Make a snake and put it up on a pole; anyone who is bitten can look at it and live.”
So Moses made a bronze snake and put it up on a pole. Then when anyone was bitten by a snake and looked at the bronze snake, they lived.

Maybe YHVH wanted Moses to practice Yoga and just didn't tell him? :blush:
LOL, very good!

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm.......well, what about this....

Do you remember when the Hebrews in the wilderness were being bit and killed by the poisonous vipers?
Do you remember when The Lord said to Moses, “Make a snake and put it up on a pole; anyone who is bitten can look at it and live.”
So Moses made a bronze snake and put it up on a pole. Then when anyone was bitten by a snake and looked at the bronze snake, they lived.

Maybe YHVH wanted Moses to practice Yoga and just didn't tell him? :blush:
Rachel have you ever heard about how that foretold about Yeshua? Sin on a pole, Yeshua taking our sin and dying on the cross. Yet if you look to that and believe you will not die (eternally).

But what happened later on? they used this as an idol and it had to be destroyed.

Upvote 0
D

dnc101

Those who are not Christians and practice these things are fine in my book as well. I believe that Hashem hears the prayers of all people. The prayers of a Hindu are just as valid as those of a Christian.

I really don't think there is anything to explain. I mean exactly what I said, I believe with all my heart that Hashem hears the prayers of all the people of the earth.
I think there is. Are you are saying God counts the prayers of pagans as equal to Christians? Or are you are saying God communes as closely with pagans as Christians? If you are not saying such things, it might be good if you clarify just what you are saying.

Dan C

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

whitebeaches

Legend
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2007
✟144,700.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Mod Hat On
1784842-857949-woman-s-summer-red-straw-hat-sea-shells-and-modern-sunglasses-isolated-on-white-background.jpg

This thread has undergone a cleaning due to the violation of the Congregational Forum Restrictions Rule: Do not teach or debate in any Congregational Forum unless you are truly a member and share its core beliefs and teachings. Questions and fellowship are allowed, proselytizing is not.

If you notice a post of yours missing it was removed in the clean up. Please be mindful of the board rules when posting. Thank you and may you have a lovely day.

Mod Hat Off

Upvote 0