• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Is Yoga Demonic?

Discussion in 'Christianity and World Religion' started by VozNocturna, Oct 8, 2002.

1. Susan

Susan 退屈させた1 つ (bored one)

+120
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Demons are there nonetheless, whether you believe in them or not. . .

My definition for perverted is the Biblical definition. Read Second Peter 2, and Jude.

2. Pete Harcoff

Pete Harcoff PeteAce - In memory of WinAce

+65
    Other Religion
    *still wondering why yoga-related stretching and breathing excercises are demonic*

3. LadyShea

LadyShea Humanist

+5
    Atheist
    Many Christians do not believe that demons (if they exist) have any power over believers....so why do you worry so much Susan?

4. amie

amie Survivor

+7
    Non-Denom
    Demons shmemons...this is stretching, breathing, exercise...I can't seem to make any connection to that and demonic activity no matter how hard I try.

I know people who do yoga and it is very beneficial to their lives. I have one friend with back pain and she started beginners yoga and she feels that it is helping her greatly...no harm, no foul...

5. wildernesse

wildernesse Use less and live more.

+5
    Susan:

Does controlling your breathing invite demons? Does stretching your body invite demons? Is putting your body into positions in warm-ups to a dance class that are identical to positions in yoga inviting demons or is it only inviting demons when you are in a yoga class?

Do you think that demons can possess people without them knowing it? If so, how then do you know that you, yourself, are not possessed?

Please answer my questions.

--tibac

6. Claudia

Claudia New Member

+0
    Personally I would not touch any kind of Eastern Meditation  or anything associated with it. I've known of too many who start out innocently and then graduate into other things...

Claudia

7. spirituality

spirituality Well-Known Member

+92
    Christian
    AMEN! :clap:

8. Winterfire

Winterfire New Member

+0
    Here's an interesting link on the subject:

let us reason . org / NAM1 . htm

(for some reason it won't let me post the link--just take out the spaces). This guy goes through the facts and history of Yoga and says what he thinks.

It sorta makes sense, but I have the same questions. I mean, its just stretching to me...

9. Nathan David

Nathan David Well-Known Member

+37
    Atheist
    What other things? Can you provide some details?

10. Havoc

Havoc Celtic Witch

+88
    Pagan
    Other things like spicey foods and exotic cheese condiments and a desire to travel. *shudder*

11. Nathan David

+37
    Atheist
    Man, I love Indian food. Who would have guessed lamb, goat's milk and spices would go together so deliciously?

12. Hobokinite

Hobokinite Just a guy

+2
    Christian
    Hi,

To the original poster,

If you are a Christian and are in doubt about Yoga, just be Bearean and pray about it and hold it up against the word of God.

We all know what the Bible sez about practicing the customs of other lands -- Yes, he's not terribly Poloitically correct, is he?

Everyone has an opinion and that will just confuse you. Bring it up to the guy upstairs. If you have peace, do it. If not, don't.

If you want way too much info on Yoga's roots, go here (But, I warn you, you won't like it) www.ankerberg.com

13. Hobokinite

Hobokinite Just a guy

+2
    Christian
    I love Indian food too, but I must drive 2 hours to get it these days. The agony of country life!

14. Serving4Christ

Serving4Christ Humble Servant

+12
    Christian
    Ummm...that guy in the picture scared me (from the link you provided). I thought his legs were on backwards. Is that what you'll be doing? That's got to hurt!

15. Lacmeh

Lacmeh Active Member

+1
    Well, which lands customs are you practicing exactly? I mean, if you are in the US you don´t really have customs, because they all got important from the nations your ancestors came from. Which practices are the "true" ones? French? English? German? Belgian? Scandinavian? African?

16. linda4jesus

linda4jesus Are you Rapture Ready?

+0
    Non-Denom
    I'm a born-again Christian who practices the yoga exercises. I have a bad back and the exercises help strengthen by back. I don't do the mediation part of yoga.....only the excercises. You may want to buy a cd or vhs and see if the exercises are for you.

17. Hobokinite

Hobokinite Just a guy

+2
    Christian
    Other lands = Pagan lands. Look it up in the Bible. According to the Bible, God wants us to love everybody but not embrace their belief system.

So a better question than "Is Yoga demonic?", would be "Does God want me practicing Yoga?"

According to scriptures, I believe the answer is ..... AHH< you should look it up yourself

18. Lacmeh

Lacmeh Active Member

+1
    Ok, for me US, Canada, Mexico, African nations, Asian nations, South American nations all are pagan lands, because they aren´t my own...

19. Hobokinite

Hobokinite Just a guy

+2
    Christian
    Pagan means believing other gods than the God of Isreal. America is supposedly a Judeo-Christian nation. Just look at our money (Freemason symbols aside)

The Isrealites were told not to screw around with the practices of other nations.

20. Nathan David

+37
    Atheist
    I don't see any Judeo-Christian references on our money, just a monotheistic one.