amie

Survivor
Mar 1, 2002
California
Visit site
✟7,688.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Demons shmemons...this is stretching, breathing, exercise...I can't seem to make any connection to that and demonic activity no matter how hard I try.

I know people who do yoga and it is very beneficial to their lives. I have one friend with back pain and she started beginners yoga and she feels that it is helping her greatly...no harm, no foul...

Upvote 0

wildernesse

Use less and live more.
Jun 17, 2002
Georgia
Visit site
✟16,673.00
Susan:

Does controlling your breathing invite demons? Does stretching your body invite demons? Is putting your body into positions in warm-ups to a dance class that are identical to positions in yoga inviting demons or is it only inviting demons when you are in a yoga class?

Do you think that demons can possess people without them knowing it? If so, how then do you know that you, yourself, are not possessed?

Please answer my questions.

--tibac

Upvote 0

spirituality

Jul 22, 2002
✟1,447.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by lambslove
Hatha yoga is the physical yoga--with none of the Hindu spirituality mixed in. It is an excellent form of excercise for people of all abilities, and it can make you really strong and flexible.

Sign up for a class in Hatha Yoga and you won't get any of the transcendental, new age stuff, just the excercise.

AMEN! :clap:

Upvote 0
Here's an interesting link on the subject:

let us reason . org / NAM1 . htm

(for some reason it won't let me post the link--just take out the spaces). This guy goes through the facts and history of Yoga and says what he thinks.

It sorta makes sense, but I have the same questions. I mean, its just stretching to me...

Upvote 0

Nathan David

Sep 5, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟2,226.00
Faith
Atheist
12th October 2002 at 06:34 PM Claudia said this in Post #46

Personally I would not touch any kind of Eastern Meditation  or anything associated with it. I've known of too many who start out innocently and then graduate into other things... 

What other things? Can you provide some details?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Hi,

To the original poster,

If you are a Christian and are in doubt about Yoga, just be Bearean and pray about it and hold it up against the word of God.

We all know what the Bible sez about practicing the customs of other lands -- Yes, he's not terribly Poloitically correct, is he?

Everyone has an opinion and that will just confuse you. Bring it up to the guy upstairs. If you have peace, do it. If not, don't.

If you want way too much info on Yoga's roots, go here (But, I warn you, you won't like it) www.ankerberg.com

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

linda4jesus

Are you Rapture Ready?
Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
✟424.00
Faith
Non-Denom
8th October 2002 at 12:33 PM VozNocturna said this in Post #1 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=384625#post384625)

Hey folks,

I joined a while ago, but i haven't had time to post much. So here goes my first "real" post.

I'm a Christian and a runner. I've been running for 8.5 years. I was training for the upcoming Chicago marathon and, unfortunately, I pulled/sprained my groin and part of my leg the week before the event. I'm not really bummed about this because God allows things for a reason.

I'm interested in taking other non-running, exercise classes to strengthen my legs. I was telling a Christian (Pentecostal) friend that I'm considering yoga and/or pilates to aid in my recovery. She cautioned me against it because yoga is based on eastern religion/philosophy. According to *her* research, yoga postures mimic prayer posters to eastern/Hindu gods.

Is this true?

I then mentioned that I would look into pilates. She also recommended that I do some research to make sure that I wasn't dabbling in "occult-like" activities.

I'm familiar with the following scriptures that tell us to watch out for the "disguises" of the devil and new age spirituality:

2 Corinthians 11:14--And now wonder, for Satan masquerades himself as an angel of light.

2 Timothy talks about "having a form of godliness with no power...have nothing to do with them."

Can this be said of basic, exercise-based yoga?

I'd like to hear ALL opinions. :) Thanks!

I'm a born-again Christian who practices the yoga exercises. I have a bad back and the exercises help strengthen by back. I don't do the mediation part of yoga.....only the excercises. You may want to buy a cd or vhs and see if the exercises are for you.

Upvote 0
Other lands = Pagan lands. Look it up in the Bible. According to the Bible, God wants us to love everybody but not embrace their belief system.

So a better question than "Is Yoga demonic?", would be "Does God want me practicing Yoga?"

According to scriptures, I believe the answer is ..... AHH< you should look it up yourself

Upvote 0