Is Yoga Demonic?

draagynslayer

I need an emu, stat!
Oct 7, 2002
Iowa
✟15,234.00
Faith
Christian
Original yoga does come from The Hindu culture. As posted throughout this thread, I don't feel you will get possessed by this. The practice of yoga now has become secularized beyond belief. It is designed to reach a higher state of awareness, which can be very helpful in getting closer to God. This wouldn't be the first thing Christians have used from other religions and cultures.

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
ANY practice that intertwines sexuality with *religion* (whether it be reenacting the Song of Solomon, practicing tantric yoga, or dialing up ExploitationNow while praying forgiveness for doing so) is the most likely to pervert and destroy religion, sexuality, and the people involved. In the case of non-Christian religious practices (yoga etc.) it is also a way to acquire a demon because nobody involved is on guard against the demonic, but is too engrossed in the perverted sexual aspects to even think of anything else.

I think passages like 2 Peter 2 and the book of Jude talk about the Biblical result of mixing sex and "spirituality." The end result is evil and perversion.

Upvote 0

Lacmeh

Aug 5, 2002
Visit site
✟1,156.00
Susan, I am not sure, if you are trolling or really believe, what you write here. On one hand you discount the ramblings against RPGs and harry Potter as what they are, just mindless ramblings of some religous fanataics and in the same instant you fear demons taking over your computer and demons going to possess you when doing Yoga.
Let´s assume, that Demons exist. They probably exist in some other dimension. They can only try to take a person over, if the person actually calls them. For demons to possess someone, the one must actually know the specific name of the demon and call him without safeguards.
So in neither case (existence and nonexistence of demons), Yoga  invites demons.

Edited for typo

Upvote 0

Havoc

Celtic Witch
Jul 26, 2002
Realityville
Visit site
✟14,135.00
Faith
Pagan
Originally posted by Susan

ANY practice that intertwines sexuality with *religion* (whether it be reenacting the Song of Solomon, practicing tantric yoga, or dialing up ExploitationNow while praying forgiveness for doing so) is the most likely to pervert and destroy religion, sexuality, and the people involved. In the case of non-Christian religious practices (yoga etc.) it is also a way to acquire a demon because nobody involved is on guard against the demonic, but is too engrossed in the perverted sexual aspects to even think of anything else.

I think passages like 2 Peter 2 and the book of Jude talk about the Biblical result of mixing sex and "spirituality." The end result is evil and perversion.

You do seem to act as if the things you believe are absolute truth without any practical experience to base them on. Since even the Christians here are not all in agreement with you I'm not sure how you intend to convince people.

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm a Christian, conservative, I believe and heed the injunctions against fornication, and I am not married yet. That is all that I will declare on a public forum, as I also have some sense of discretion, unlike you. That SHOULD be enough for you to surmise the truth about me. 

BTW Havoc you might also want to go into Signatures and clean that slime off your name. :p

Upvote 0

Lacmeh

Aug 5, 2002
Visit site
✟1,156.00
Susan, please why I am back to point one and why have you moved on?
I see you posting about Yoga inviting demons and I explained, why it doesn´t.
Wether or not a Christian should use techniques of other religions is quite another point. THe questino at hand is why does Yoga invite demons, assuming demons exist.
I, frankly doubt the existance of demons, which only wait for some soul to not believe in Christianity and leap on and possess them. It is more likely one needs to be willing to invite "evil" into his life. If someone is willing and wanting to go against human rights or laws for a functioning society, then demon or no, this person will do things against the laws.

Upvote 0

KC Catholic

Everybody's gone surfin'...Surfin' U.S.A
Feb 5, 2002
Overland Park, KS
✟21,887.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Guys -

We need to tone down the personal attacks in this forum. I've read through the thread and its really gotten off track.

I have edited the offending comments and the posters have been warned.

Please PM me or any staff if you see any additional problems.

Happy posting!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pete Harcoff

PeteAce - In memory of WinAce
Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
Staying on topic (and echoing Lacmeh's earlier) post, how could secularized yoga possibly be demonic? Like I said earlier, having looked through my mother's yoga books, they just contain various stretching and breathing excercises. How could that possibly be any more demonic than any other form of excercise?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Havoc

Celtic Witch
Jul 26, 2002
Realityville
Visit site
✟14,135.00
Faith
Pagan
I'm a Christian, conservative, I believe and heed the injunctions against fornication, and I am not married yet. That is all that I will declare on a public forum, as I also have some sense of discretion, unlike you. That SHOULD be enough for you to surmise the truth about me. 

BTW Havoc you might also want to go into Signatures and clean that slime off your name. :p

I prefer to think of it as "organic cosmetic augmentation"

:p

Upvote 0

Annabel Lee

Beware the Thought Police
Feb 8, 2002
Q'onoS
✟39,227.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others

I really don't think yoga is likely to pervert and destroy religion, sexuality and the people involved!
What perverted sexual aspects are you speaking of? The thread was about Hatha Yoga..which has NOTHING to do with sex. (Yes, we did go off on a tangent with Tantric Yoga. But that was just a side discussion) I'm never on guard against demons..do you know why? Because I do not believe in them.
And really Susan..just what is your definition for *perverted*? Not everything we do not understand is perverted.

Upvote 0