Is World War III looming on the horizon?

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,556.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
This can have no good end.....

Fears of a Larger War in the Middle East

Russia Warns of 'Catastrophic Consequences' If US Meddles in Syria - ABC News

Iran army warns US of 'harsh consequences' over Syria

We need to completely stay out of this. Why Obama is determined to get tangled up in this mess I cannot understand.

Iran does not even come up to the level of a 'Paper Tiger'.

The headline of the Russian warning is misleading.

A statement from the Russian Foreign Ministry this morning warned of "catastrophic consequences" for Syria and the region]/b] if the United States and its allies intervene.

It is not a threat about Russian involvement but a warning about unintended results.

Upvote 0

Lollerskates

May 2, 2013
✟4,340.00
Faith
Non-Denom

We need to completely stay out of this. Why Obama is determined to get tangled up in this mess I cannot understand.

WWIII will happen. There is too much money to made for it not to happen. The only thing that has to happen is a "legitimate" reason behind starting WWIII - oh wait...

Upvote 0

Lollerskates

May 2, 2013
✟4,340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
with the money being made now i dont think the powers to be will risk war. war happens we invade middle east to secure oil. war happens we lose our pipeline to chinas factories and rare minerals. we fight china. world explodes.

Wars are money makers. It isn't about the people of the country making money, it about "others" making money. Now, you will notice that the States go to war when the economy is down, because of its money-making power. War serves a dual purpose: depopulation and consequential concentration of commerce.

If we attack a Russian-backed Syria, then it will categorically be hot world war. We are in a economical cold world war already. When Russia in any way agresses the States, then the States' allies will jump in (namely, the U.K.) And, since the SCO includes China, and the observer country Iran, it will roll over to a world war. Essentially, modern war is being made with countries that do not have central banks - because it is all about money (resources, not necessarily fiat paper money.)

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wars are money makers. It isn't about the people of the country making money, it about "others" making money. Now, you will notice that the States go to war when the economy is down, because of its money-making power. War serves a dual purpose: depopulation and consequential concentration of commerce.

If we attack a Russian-backed Syria, then it will categorically be hot world war. We are in a economical cold world war already. When Russia in any way agresses the States, then the States' allies will jump in (namely, the U.K.) And, since the SCO includes China, and the observer country Iran, it will roll over to a world war. Essentially, modern war is being made with countries that do not have central banks - because it is all about money (resources, not necessarily fiat paper money.)
That is 1950's logic.

Upvote 0

Lollerskates

May 2, 2013
✟4,340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
That is 1950's logic.

Ok, whatever you say.

But for ***ts and giggles, look up the Shanghai Corporation Organization.

Dismiss me all you want, but don't cry about how no one told you about the atrocities that are to come. Just like people labeled as "crazies" were talking about how governments were spying on the public - BEFORE Snowden - were dismissed, and yet now "everyone" knows about NSA spying, so will it be the same when WWIII breaks out.

1950s logic eh? Tell me, again, when was the last time Congress authorized and executed their constitutional power to declare war, as per the constitution. Please stop hitting the snooze button.

Upvote 0

Bedford

May 10, 2013
✟13,490.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok, whatever you say.

But for ***ts and giggles, look up the Shanghai Corporation Organization.

Dismiss me all you want, but don't cry about how no one told you about the atrocities that are to come. Just like people labeled as "crazies" were talking about how governments were spying on the public - BEFORE Snowden - were dismissed, and yet now "everyone" knows about NSA spying, so will it be the same when WWIII breaks out.
I am guessing you mean the Shanghai Cooperation Organization. Hardly comparable to NATO, if that's your implication. As to spying, please raise your hand out there if you were surprised at learning about the NSA, etc. Liberals and conservatives have alternately "warned" about government spying for decades. You may recall Nixon's "Enemies List".
1950s logic eh? Tell me, again, when was the last time Congress authorized and executed their constitutional power to declare war, as per the constitution. Please stop hitting the snooze button.
Congress decided to take a pass on "declaring war" in 1950 and never looked back. You and I can probably agree that Congress has ceded too much power. So that is a given and is nothing new.

Russia is not your grandad's USSR. China cannot afford for the US to go belly-up because we owe them a bunch of money for the last war.

Upvote 0

Lollerskates

May 2, 2013
✟4,340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I am guessing you mean the Shanghai Cooperation Organization. Hardly comparable to NATO, if that's your implication. As to spying, please raise your hand out there if you were surprised at learning about the NSA, etc. Liberals and conservatives have alternately "warned" about government spying for decades. You may recall Nixon's "Enemies List".

Congress decided to take a pass on "declaring war" in 1950 and never looked back. You and I can probably agree that Congress has ceded too much power. So that is a given and is nothing new.

Russia is not your grandad's USSR. China cannot afford for the US to go belly-up because we owe them a bunch of money for the last war.

Look, I don't like arguing. You know "stuff and things." But, the SCO is the Eastern NATO. And, the constitution of the States states that only CONGRESS has power to declare war. Congress' last declaration of war was in 1942 against Rumania. All other wars were unconstitutional. Whether or not the congress was limp, that is not their constitutional responsibility. Chin a owns most of the States West of the Mississippi. Russia is not USSR: they are much better. China could care less about the fiat money owed to them; they have the States by the testicles. And, plenty of lemmings did not entertain the fact that the States are spying on people for no reason except for the sport of spying. Have you noticed every computer has a webcam? Phones have front and back facing cameras. Unless you can remove batteries from a phone, you can be observed. There is a deep situation going on. The truth is uncomfortable. Reject it, deny it. I don't honestly care. Do you even know what scalar war is? The world has been at a cool war for 20 years. As I said before, label me all you want. There are three stages of knowledge of "things:"

1. What you are saying is ridiculous.
2. Someone already came up with the idea/info before you did.
3. Well, we already knew that.

Stop pressing the snooze button - unless you are a paid shill.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are three stages of knowledge of "things:"

1. What you are saying is ridiculous.
It is.
2. Someone already came up with the idea/info before you did.
Ignorance of history leads to #1.
3. Well, we already knew that.
You should have
Stop pressing the snooze button - unless you are a paid shill.
Sleep plays a critical role in thinking and learning. Lack of sleep hurts these cognitive processes in many ways. First, it impairs attention, alertness, concentration, reasoning, and problem solving. This makes it more difficult to learn efficiently.
Second, during the night, various sleep cycles play a role in “consolidating” memories in the mind. If you don’t get enough sleep, you won’t be able to remember what you learned and experienced during the day.

Upvote 0

Mystman

Atheist with a Reason
Jun 24, 2005
✟22,286.00
Faith
Atheist
Ignoring the conspiracy theorists, it's certainly possible or even likely that Russia will amp up the military aid to Syria/Iran in the case of an US intervention. They'll not go for a direct confrontation (they're not morons), but don't be surprised if a future bombing run on Iran's nuclear installation is met by Russia's latest and greatest air defense systems, for instance.

Upvote 0

Psalm 91

Sep 22, 2012
✟27,279.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

My neighbor said something a long time ago about us attacking countries that don't have central banks. How many countries don't and which one's are they?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Congratulations, Wolseley! You're (1) the only one here with his head screwed on right (except, sort of, Lollerskates), and, apparently, (2) the only Bible believer here except for Interpreter (whom I never agree with).

(1) Head screwed on right.

Lollerskates at least has the sense to suspect fire when he smells smoke. The others here seem to be clones of Neville Chamberlain.

(2) Bible believer

Outside of you and Interpreter, the panelists here all seem to be missing several entire books from their 8ibles. Since they are Christians and I am not, it's not worthwhile to discuss this with them. Interpreter puts things together in a funny way; but at least he gets some of his material from the Bible. The Bible DOES talk about the others, though:

2 Peter 3
[1] This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:
[2] That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:
[3] Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
[4] And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
[5] For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
[6] Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
[7] But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

God bless and keep you, Woles :wave:

BTW. Obama is God's to deal with. I don't trouble myself much with what he does.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lollerskates

May 2, 2013
✟4,340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
My neighbor said something a long time ago about us attacking countries that don't have central banks. How many countries don't and which one's are they?

Every country the States have attacked since 1990 did not have central banks. If those wars are over, they now have central banks.

Upvote 0

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wow, you COMPLETELY missed the point. No, you're right do us all a favor and throw away your clock; induce a coma.
Hi, Skates

Saying that WWIII won't happen, is like saying baby won't poop in his pants. The stuff is in there, just waiting to come out -- and it will :) (Ah, much better!). The Bible tells me it will (Zech 14)

Upvote 0