Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Based on her nearly hysterical attack on Bloomberg in the debate this week I think she is. Also, based on recent Bloomberg tv ads I'd say he has a very impressive resume' of past accomplishments that put to shame anything that Warren has accomplished, or most of the others for that matter. Bloomberg is an executive of the first order; true presidential material. The others are just politicians. I'd watch for a rapid rise in the polls for "Mike".

Reactions: dqhall

Silmarien

Existentialist
Feb 24, 2017
New York
✟215,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Based on her nearly hysterical attack on Bloomberg in the debate this week I think she is. Also, based on recent Bloomberg tv ads I'd say he has a very impressive resume' of past accomplishments that put to shame anything that Warren has accomplished, or most of the others for that matter. Bloomberg is an executive of the first order; true presidential material. The others are just politicians. I'd watch for a rapid rise in the polls for "Mike".

Warren appeals to a somewhat similar support base as Sanders does. We're interested in things like robust labor laws, small business, and opposing everything that has to do with Wall Street, so Bloomberg is basically a comic book supervillain to us. We liked her attack on Bloomberg, so he's hardly going to win us over by being a corporate elite.

If Warren is finished (and I think she might be), I think it'll in part be because those of us who are holding out for her freak out over Bloomberg and go vote for Sanders instead.

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Based on her nearly hysterical attack on Bloomberg in the debate this week I think she is.
She said the truth. Americans will not vote for someone richer than Trump. What's the point in voting for another Trump on steroids.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Warren appeals to a somewhat similar support base as Sanders does. We're interested in things like robust labor laws, small business, and opposing everything that has to do with Wall Street, so Bloomberg is basically a comic book supervillain to us. We liked her attack on Bloomberg, so he's hardly going to win us over by being a corporate elite.

If Warren is finished (and I think she might be), I think it'll in part be because those of us who are holding out for her freak out over Bloomberg and go vote for Sanders instead.

It will be interesting to see where voters go when the progressive field and the moderate field are pared down to two candidates: Sanders and Biden (although it may come down to Sanders and Bloomberg).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't know. I won't vote for Trump for a lot of reasons, but not because he is rich; that he is probably not as rich as he boasts might be one of them though...

He boasted of $10billion but outside estimates put his net worth at around $3billion. That's still a lot of wealth, and I'll guess much of it is highly leveraged.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
His polling numbers will go up. He will appear 'presidential'. Throwing obscene amounts of money at commercials changes opinion. He's buying the election one commercial at a time.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
His polling numbers will go up. He will appear 'presidential'. Throwing obscene amounts of money at commercials changes opinion. He's buying the election one commercial at a time.

Have you seen those commercials? They are pretty convincing.

Her polling numbers might go up but without more money coming in it's meaningless.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Have you seen those commercials? They are pretty convincing.
I'm sure he has a very well heeled advertising agency running focus groups on all of his ads. The best money can buy.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm sure he has a very well heeled advertising agency running focus groups on all of his ads. The best money can buy.

They are going to present his accomplishments as well as his vision. If anything is untrue it will be discovered pretty quickly. He does need help in the presentation of his persona. He's not a very charismatic person.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Silmarien

Existentialist
Feb 24, 2017
New York
✟215,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

What we need is some sort of grassroots information campaign. If people were more aware of stuff like this, I don't think all the money in the world could buy him the nomination. (Either that or a significant number of Democrats actually are anti-labor right-wingers. Or just like shiny marketing, I guess.)

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
They are going to present his accomplishments as well as his vision. If anything is untrue it will be discovered pretty quickly.
Enough advertising will cover for the untruths. That's how it works.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
What we need is some sort of grassroots information campaign. If people were more aware of stuff like this, I don't think all the money in the world could buy him the nomination. (Either that or a significant number of Democrats actually are anti-labor right-wingers. Or just like shiny marketing, I guess.)
Won't matter. Few will ever know.

Bloomberg is a former Republican now in Democratic clothing and Trump was a Democrat now appearing as a Republican. Their actual similarities are intriguing. Or appalling. Or something like that.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

A) why is a woman kicking someone’s behind on national TV her being ‘hysterical’ while if a man had done it you’d be talking about how powerfully the guy had come across? Warren eviserated Bloomberg and did it magnificently.

B) if you genuinely think that horror show is going to give Bloomberg a boost in the polls then you need to give up on political prediction immediately. He received the kind of political beating politicians wake up in a cold sweat having nightmares about.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The connection between the Democratic Party and Unions has faltered. The Dems rely on the unions to turn out voters, but lots of rank and file don't like that. Not like the old days.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A) why is a woman kicking someone’s behind on national TV her being ‘hysterical’ while if a man had done it you’d be talking about how powerfully the guy had come across? Warren eviserated Bloomberg and did it magnificently.

B) if you genuinely think that horror show is going to give Bloomberg a boost in the polls then you need to give up on political prediction immediately. He received the kind of political beating politicians wake up in a cold sweat having nightmares about.

I'm basing my predictions on Bloomberg's accomplishments and vision, not his first debate performance. That said perhaps he was a bit contrite on purpose, pulling a 'rope-a-dope' on Warren and the others.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,296.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Most of the Democrats I know actually loved her attack against Bloomberg. And Bloomberg has way too many skeletons in his closet to win the nomination I think. Only reason he is doing so well in the polls so far is the absolute fortune he has been spending on ads.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think Warren is vying to become a VP, the VP's job is to be the attack dog and allow the candidate to be "presidential".

Bloomberg is diametrically opposed to Sanders and Warren, so I doubt he picks up any of their voters, that puts non Bloomberg voters over 40%. Bloomberg claimed he got into the race because he was afraid none of the democrats would unseat Trump, however, it seems much more likely that he got into the race because he is afraid that Sanders would be the Democratic nominee.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Concerning socialized medicine, a pivotal issue, I was in the hospital in England (broken leg -- two bones and it was serious breaking the skin). I was also in the hospital in Taiwan -- malignant cancer. And since I live in NY I have experienced the US health care system versus the two examples of socialized medicine (England and Taiwan). I thought both England and Taiwan were excellent health care, and even though I was a foreigner I got excellent care for free. In Taiwan for example I went to the hospital in the morning, the doctor wanted to do an immediate biopsy which they did the same day. I had an extremely deadly form of cancer and that was over 20 years ago, so I am very happy with the excellent, speedy care I got.

Upvote 0