✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe this is it,
Just worked out something interesting last night, add together the Greek lexicon numbers for six hundred (1835) sixty (1803) six (1803) it equals Greek (5450) meaning -a puffing up with pride.

Since Strong's numbers date from 1890, I'm pretty sure that they are not what Revelation refers to.

Upvote 0

davp

Mar 24, 2013
Adelaide
✟10,484.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have looked into the Solomon connection in the past, but don't think is connected, unless you have knowledge of something I don't know?
1 kings 10: 16And king Solomon made two hundred targets of beaten gold: six hundred shekels of gold went to one target. 17And he made three hundred shields ofbeaten gold; three pound of gold went to one shield: and the king put them in the house of the forest of Lebanon.
That is a lot of gold right there, don't think this is the mark of the beast, as you also note , 666 was the amount in one year. It is not the total amount.
21And all king Solomon's drinking vessels were of gold, and all the vessels of the house of the forest of Lebanon were of pure gold; none were of silver: it was nothing accounted of in the days of Solomon.22For the king had at sea a navy of Tharshish with the navy of Hiram: once in three years came the navy of Tharshish, bringing gold, and silver, ivory, and apes, and peacocks.
-The metals were reportedly obtained in partnership with King Hiram of Phoenician Tyre (Isaiah 23)

probably the best info I have seen before yesterday's discovery was
The NUMBER 666 and NAME of the BEAST Without Using GEMATRIA

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 13:18 ...'Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.'

Question: Vicarius Filii Dei? What does this mean? Is it a phrase referring to the pope or priest? I have heard that it is inscribed on the pope's hat, or something. Just curious to know what is it."

"Answer: (From father Reginald Martin) ... Vicarius Filii Dei means Vicar [or representative] of the Son of God, a term scholars believe first appears in a document known as the Donation of Constantine, dated to the eight or ninth century. This is an apt description of the Pope, who is frequently referred to as the Vicar of Christ, and, at present, probably only the most bitterly anti-Catholic individuals would take offense at the title." (Our Sunday Visitor, The Catholic Answer, 24th Nov. 2011

666.jpg

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I had no idea, thank-you for that! It is back to the drawing board, or a complete meltdown.

The best guess uses the fact that "Nero Caesar" in the Hebrew alphabet is נרון קסר‎ NRON QSR which, in Gematria, represents 50 + 200 +6 + 50 + 100 + 60 + 200 = 666.

That is to say, the Beast was, or will be, a "new Nero."

Upvote 0

davp

Mar 24, 2013
Adelaide
✟10,484.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The best guess uses the fact that "Nero Caesar" in the Hebrew alphabet is נרון קסר‎ NRON QSR which, in Gematria, represents 50 + 200 +6 + 50 + 100 + 60 + 200 = 666.

That is to say, the Beast was, or will be, a "new Nero."
I think I have became a new neurotic!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Maybe this is it,
Just worked out something interesting last night, add together the Greek lexicon numbers for six hundred (1835) sixty (1803) six (1803) it equals Greek (5450) meaning -a puffing up with pride.
Six numbers (in the English language) have digits that add up to 6: F (6th letter of the alphabet), O (15th letter, digits = 6), and X (24th letter, digits =6). What's that spell? Fox (the animal, not the TV station). It would be a good description of Satan's methods.

Upvote 0

FIRESTORM314

Site Supporter
Feb 20, 2018
The Shires
✟197,596.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe this is it,

That's interesting :)

You can drive yourself nuts doing that sort of thing davp. You might end up thinking it's you LOL

I think it's GOOGLE myself ;-) ( GOOGOL )

Seriously

Those are pretty cryptic symbols in the book. Good luck in trying to work it out. Maybe there should be a symbols and vision/dream code reading part of the Forum. CODEBREAKERS sound apt.

Reactions: davp
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

davp

Mar 24, 2013
Adelaide
✟10,484.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are told that the 666 amount came as besides from kings and more... not merchants....not governors...
What does this leave as to who gave Solomon the gold?

Step back into how did the tabernacle get built?
The people of Israel gave a freewill offering of...gold, silver...and more.
Moses recorded the amounts.

How did the second temple of God in Jerusalem get built?
The people of Israel gave a freewill offering of ...gold...silver....

So, how did the first temple of God get built in Jerusalem?
David and his people gave offerings before he died. We are told the various sums. David told Solomon of it - there was no number.
David also told the princes of Israel to -build ye the sanctuary.
David told Solomon that he could add to the number of his zero counted collection.

You mentioned the part as to how Solomon saw no value in silver. That would mean he could have collected silver in the offering of the people, but would have not counted it.

This would mean that the temple of God built by Solomon had a set it up recorded value of 666 talents of gold.

sorry my brains fried, I can't no longer get how the gold in Solomon's temple is the mark of the beast, I have got lost, you made such an effort too.

Upvote 0

jamesbond007

Site Supporter
Mar 26, 2018
Sacramento
✟118,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
From what I have read in the Bible, 666 comes from the mark of the beast, i.e. a person (Revelation 13), and is part of the prophecy of end times. The Bible also states in trying to calculate whom this person is or to be that it takes "wisdom."

"This calls for wisdom: let the one who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man, and his number is 666." Revelation 13:18

th

As for Vicarius Filii Dei and others, people can come up with all sorts of coincidences. The truth about Revelation 13 will become crystal clear.

Lk12.2

• Agree
Reactions: davp
Upvote 0

davp

Mar 24, 2013
Adelaide
✟10,484.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From what I have read in the Bible, 666 comes from the mark of the beast, i.e. a person (Revelation 13), and is part of the prophecy of end times. The Bible also states in trying to calculate whom this person is or to be that it takes "wisdom."

"This calls for wisdom: let the one who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man, and his number is 666." Revelation 13:18

th

As for Vicarius Filii Dei and others, people can come up with all sorts of coincidences. The truth about Revelation 13 will become crystal clear.

Lk12.2

Totally agree, saw something once where millions of names can be seen as the mark of the beast using the number to letter system you described above.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Totally agree, saw something once where millions of names can be seen as the mark of the beast using the number to letter system you described above.

Yeah, well, there's really only one name that fits with the contexts of the passage in question; and that name is Solomon. But, what with the historical assumption that the number given just HAS TO BE some form of gematria, people have been looking all over for 'the name' by which to match the counting of the number, when all along, like much else in the book of Revelation, the meaning has been sitting right under our noses, available through the referencing of parallels and associated patterns that are to be found in the Old Testament.

Upvote 0