Is this the Mark of the Beast....

LovingMother

Abuse Survivor
Oct 30, 2003
Visit site
✟1,191.00
Faith
Christian
Many people have very different strong views on Revelations. As a matter of fact, a few years ago I got a booklet in the mail claiming with a great deal of detail that the Papacy is the beast. I don't have it anymore, but I wouldn't doubt that it's still in circulation.

Anyway, whether or not the prophecies have been fulfilled is a matter of speculation and opinion. Like I said, I don't intend to risk it. :)

Upvote 0

Mac6yver

Oct 24, 2003
Visit site
✟8,740.00
Faith
Agnostic
[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse], NO!11!!! Not a way to make your cash transaction more efficient and secure. Thats horrible. The next thing you know they will be coming out with artificial organs that save human lives. What has the world come to....

Upvote 0

Durelen

+|-|3
Sep 30, 2003
California
Visit site
✟873.00
Faith
Non-Denom
ashibaka said:
I wouldn't want such a chip, just in case I'm ever on the run from the government ;)

It can't be the Mark of the Beast, though, as long as there's still cash you can carry in your pocket.
No it has not been “fulfilled” yet but the stage is being set for this. The hardware needs a master to control it and he will come.

Yes there still is money, and when they decide that tracking every single monetary transaction with dirty money circulating as well, they will end money. They will find out that unless they get rid of all money this secure transaction of credits will not work.

To make it completely secure they will get rid of all money and require people to use this device. Every transaction by buyer and seller as well as any in-between will be tracked. They will be able to not only track these transactions in this way but they will be able to see where the credits went days, months and years later as it traveled through the system. And if they need to find you they just get your GPS position on demand. And if you break their rules they deal with you.

It’s clearly what is needed.
…not by me.

Upvote 0

Havoc

Celtic Witch
Jul 26, 2002
Realityville
Visit site
✟21,635.00
Faith
Pagan
Every Generation has had their "mark of the beast"

The tatoos Hitler put on the Jews was the "mark of the beast".

Income tax was the "mark of the beast"

Social security numbers was the "mark of the beast"

Credit cards were the "mark of the beast"

This is no different than any of the "signs" that Christ has been "coming very soon" for all of 2000 years.

Upvote 0

ByGrace

Jul 18, 2003
Salt Lake City
✟1,928.00
Faith
Christian
InnerPhyre said:
The mark of the beast was the mark upon the toga of those who would declare the roman emperor Domition a god. If you didn't have the mark you could do no business in Rome. Most of revelation happened in the first century.;
Nope, that is not true.

Upvote 0
Havoc said:
Every Generation has had their "mark of the beast"

The tatoos Hitler put on the Jews was the "mark of the beast".

Income tax was the "mark of the beast"

Social security numbers was the "mark of the beast"

Credit cards were the "mark of the beast"

This is no different than any of the "signs" that Christ has been "coming very soon" for all of 2000 years.
With the numerous other signs swarming around as predicted in Revelations, I truly believe this is or will be the ushering in of the real thing. All the stars are aligning and the 10 kings are in place. All we need now is the peace treaty accepted by the unexpected. Keep your eyes on the E.U. and let's pray Bush is not a part of the deal.:pray:

Upvote 0

Michael0701

Harley Ridin' Believer!!
Nov 13, 2002
Tax Free Delaware!!
Visit site
✟8,417.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"The tatoos Hitler put on the Jews was the "mark of the beast"."

Nonsense, those numbers had nothing to do with commerce. Granted, he ws a beast and those marks were by his direction, but you seem to be stretching it a bit too far.

Upvote 0

msjones21

Nov 26, 2003
Atlanta, GA
✟3,674.00
Faith
Pagan
Too many Christians sit around hopeful that "this is it" that what they're seeing are truly signs of prophecy being fulfilled. I don't believe this is the Mark of the Beast. It's a bit eerie and I won't be getting anything implanted under my skin, but I honestly do not believe this is a sign.

Remember when driver's licenses required a scan of your fingerprint on the back? Many of my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ refused to renew their licenses, convinced that it was the Mark of the Beast.

Remember, my brothers and sisters, we are not supposed to sit around and try and pinpoint when we think Jesus will return. We're called to be watchful, but not over-analytical. I think we should continue to go about with our walk with Jesus, tell others about Christ, and when Jesus comes back, praise God we'll be raptured.

Upvote 0

e4God

Visiting WebHead
Mar 11, 2002
Citizen of The Heavens
Visit site
✟8,085.00
Faith
Christian
I wonder about the credit card system.

If you memorize your credit card number you have the number that permits commerce 'written' in your forehead.

If you carry the card you have the mark of logic in your hand.

In a digital age there will be no need for cash as long as the merchant knows who you are, or at least where you bank.

This numerical ID will be the product of a mathematical formula. The formula produces the mark of a man, as in a singular man and not any man.

See ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

msjones21

Nov 26, 2003
Atlanta, GA
✟3,674.00
Faith
Pagan
Actually, I think we are to be ready. Hmmm.....
Being ready simply means to make sure you've secured a place in Heaven and that you strive to never miss an opportunity to share the Gospel with others. Even if Jesus wasn't going to come back to rapture the Church we should do those things.

Upvote 0

Havoc

Celtic Witch
Jul 26, 2002
Realityville
Visit site
✟21,635.00
Faith
Pagan
Michael0701 said:
"The tatoos Hitler put on the Jews was the "mark of the beast"."

Nonsense, those numbers had nothing to do with commerce. Granted, he ws a beast and those marks were by his direction, but you seem to be stretching it a bit too far.
Exactly. The Hitler Tattoos had about as much to do with the MOTB as these chips do. Yet they were touted as being the MOTB by Christians of the time. It's not me that was stretching it. I don't believe in the whole MOTB conspiracy any more than I believe in any of Biblical "Revelations".

My point was that people then believed all the signs pointed to the second coming, including Hitlers Tattoos being the MOTB. Every Generation has been convinced they were the last generation, for 2000 years. Why should we believe this generation is the last Generation? Because all "the signs" point to it? Join the club, but it's getting crowded

Upvote 0
T

that one guy

I like my check book and ATM card just fine...

The technology to do this with finger print identification has already been integrated into the US military.

I don't need big brother keeping tabs on me.

Who's to say that this isn't installed in every government building and airport to keep tabs on people.

With as much flak as the patriot act is taking, I can't see this really becoming a reality for the US.

We like our freedom too much.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Durelen

+|-|3
Sep 30, 2003
California
Visit site
✟873.00
Faith
Non-Denom
msjones21 said:
Too many Christians sit around hopeful that "this is it" that what they're seeing are truly signs of prophecy being fulfilled. I don't believe this is the Mark of the Beast. It's a bit eerie and I won't be getting anything implanted under my skin, but I honestly do not believe this is a sign.

Remember when driver's licenses required a scan of your fingerprint on the back? Many of my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ refused to renew their licenses, convinced that it was the Mark of the Beast.
Remember, my brothers and sisters, we are not supposed to sit around and try and pinpoint when we think Jesus will return. We're called to be watchful, but not over-analytical. I think we should continue to go about with our walk with Jesus, tell others about Christ, and when Jesus comes back, praise God we'll be raptured.

I understand what you are saying. Look at it this way, drivers licenses are only really a part of it. Did we have such a system like this 100 years ago? One that could track you electronically such as with a DL database? DL’s will be part of the information base that makes up this mark they created. And I can also say that the concept or components of all these things make up the mark.

Nothing is made any longer in whole but is developed step by step and component by component over time. Though people may ask “is this it?” or “is that it?” well they could be referring to part of the process of a thing as it develops in each application. I think we have really seen such concepts of developments over the past 100 years for time moves slowly when you are waiting for something spectacular and yet you only see the components being developed.

Yes some have jumped the gun in the past but possibly because they caught a glimpse of it during its development process. This does not make all things untrue nor does it destroy the things which were written as if it was in our power to do so. Even we are not perfected yet and are going through a developing process as well.

It’s obvious we are looking at something very remarkable here concerning this device. It seems to fit right into what has been said over and over again by many in regards to literal prophetic translations. It fits the bill as it nears completion of its development. Ask yourself if you would accept this into your right hand or forehead and you thus answer the question whether you listen to your answer or not.

As for your last comment, there is no reason to sit around and I don’t think we are sitting but far from doing such a thing. In fact many that see these things being fulfilled work even more intensively as we see the time approach. Sure there will always be those that will search for an exact time but the real emphasis commanded to us is on the season to understand and to look to God for our direction. Luke 21:28But when these things begin to come to pass, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws nigh.

Upvote 0

e4God

Visiting WebHead
Mar 11, 2002
Citizen of The Heavens
Visit site
✟8,085.00
Faith
Christian
So, you don't think it has already happened through credit card numbers, social security numbers and etc?

You don't want big brother tracking you, but he is! Your checkbook and ATM card both depend on your Social Security Number. Without it, you could not open an account. The government already keeps tabs on us through this system. It is sometimes called the GRID.

Are we asking questions too late, because we already have these marks on our forehead (by memorizing our pin numbers) or on our hands (by carrying our ATM cards) ???

that one guy said:
I like my check book and ATM card just fine...

The technology to do this with finger print identification has already been integrated into the US military.

I don't need big brother keeping tabs on me.

Who's to say that this isn't installed in every government building and airport to keep tabs on people.

With as much flak as the patriot act is taking, I can't see this really becoming a reality for the US.

We like our freedom too much.

Upvote 0

Durelen

+|-|3
Sep 30, 2003
California
Visit site
✟873.00
Faith
Non-Denom
WanderingMagi said:
Do we honestly believe the beast will need the development of technology to mark people?

WanderingMagi
We? I can’t speak for you or anyone else but it’s apparent for myself.
100 years ago you could have run away to a new land and create a new identity. Being “marked” you will never do such a thing and even today it’s very difficult to do as it is. Nowhere to run and nowhere to hide. Run and hide from what? Any law they choose to create and enforce which goes against God.

Revelation 13:15And it was given to it to give breath to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should also speak, and should cause that as many as should not do homage to the image of the beast should be killed.

Upvote 0