Is this really a party Democrats want to follow?

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I would love to see some mature grown-ups with real platforms run under both the Democratic and the Republican parties. They are both behaving like a bunch of junior high school students with almost no impulse control and very little to say but slinging mud. If they had well-founded, well-researched platforms that represented a decent percent of Americans, I believe they would spend their time and money promoting that rather than playing name-calling, nasty games.

Our government has been going downhill my entire life and I am sure it started long before I was born. Surely there are mature grown-ups with sound ideas that are not 75 + years old that want to be in high-level politics? I can dream anyway.
It would seem that we have to get through the final finale of The Apprentice, first.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
  • Informative
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

I don't know how any Christian can support what the Missouri Democrat Party posted there in Twitter.
I don't either. Primarily because there's no such thing as the "Missouri 'Democrat' Party".
Also, you might want to refresh your familiarity with this rule.

• Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟564,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would love to see some mature grown-ups with real platforms run under both the Democratic and the Republican parties. They are both behaving like a bunch of junior high school students with almost no impulse control and very little to say but slinging mud. If they had well-founded, well-researched platforms that represented a decent percent of Americans, I believe they would spend their time and money promoting that rather than playing name-calling, nasty games.

Our government has been going downhill my entire life and I am sure it started long before I was born. Surely there are mature grown-ups with sound ideas that are not 75 + years old that want to be in high-level politics? I can dream anyway.
For about a decade the dems have been "acting like high school students" with little or no complaints from the bleechers. The press has cheered them on. Now... suddenly, when their guy is in the crosshairs, we get calls for maturity and calm.
"Lets be reasonable"
"Lets call a truce..."
"Its a witch-hunt!!!"

Right... I see Dave marching undaunted to disconnect "HAL."
I don't think he is listening to HAL's pleading.
"Stop Dave... what do you think you are doing Dave?"
Dave wants his pound of flesh. I doubt you will be able to talk him out of it.
Time to face the music HAL.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
For about a decade the dems have been "acting like high school students" with little or no complaints from the bleechers. The press has cheered them on. Now... suddenly, when their guy is in the crosshairs, we get calls for maturity and calm.
"Lets be reasonable"
"Lets call a truce..."
"Its a witch-hunt!!!"

That's not the perception among most Democrats. "Our guy" is not really in the crosshairs. Republican attacks on Biden are mostly politically motivated and lack substance, and it's pretty obvious to most of us that's the case. It's hard to be upset over what is ultimately unreal.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
"Lets be reasonable"
"Lets call a truce..."
"Its a witch-hunt!!!"
The “Dems”?
Uh huh

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's not the perception among most Democrats. "Our guy" is not really in the crosshairs. Republican attacks on Biden are mostly politically motivated and lack substance, and it's pretty obvious to most of us that's the case. It's hard to be upset over what is ultimately unreal.
Joe Biden (The Big Guy) is directly tied to his sons business deals in pay to play, if you watch the liberal democratic media it's not reported, because it's about protect the Bidens criminal activity to maintain the false narrative

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I don't know how any Christian can support what the Missouri Democratic Party posted there in Twitter.
How can Christian's support both? This guy is worshipping Trump. I would be irritated, that I have to see this eye sore So, I would turn it into my HOA, since it makes the neighborhood look ugly. I would do the same thing, if a democrat was doing the same thing. One sign is enough. The person turned his house into trash. I don't agree with people worshiping Trump. That's what this person is doing. No, I don't agree with anyone wanting to burn a home down.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Joe Biden (The Big Guy) is directly tied to his sons business deals in pay to play,

Clara Peller rocket to late-in-life stardom with her “where’s the beef?” line from the Burger King ad in the late 1980s and George HW Bush used it campaigning in 1988 and it’s still relevant today…lot’s accusations very thin “evidence”.

if you watch the liberal democratic media it's not reported, because it's about protect the Bidens criminal activity to maintain the false narrative
“Democratic media”?

There’s a “free-marketplace-of-ideas” that sorta forms a consensus of the direction we’re traveling in but the closest we have to a “party-owned” media-arm is GOP/Fox News.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Calling for houses to be burned down of the other side is merely "inappropriate " ?
And I'm going to call out both the Tweet and the article. The Tweet was bad but did not call for "houses to be burned down." The Tweet merely stated that if you had a neighbor who had a house that looked like that, and it was on fire, they'd let it burn down. Inappropriate, even as a joke, but not what the article and you are trying to claim.

And that is why I take issue with the article, as they are dishonest in their claims.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Clara Peller rocket to late-in-life stardom with her “where’s the beef?” line from the Burger King ad in the late 1980s and George HW Bush used it campaigning in 1988 and it’s still relevant today…lot’s accusations very thin “evidence”.
Wendy's. You were close though. I believe the ad was mostly directed at BK's Whopper, which does have a large bun.

Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Joe Biden (The Big Guy) is directly tied to his sons business deals in pay to play, if you watch the liberal democratic media it's not reported, because it's about protect the Bidens criminal activity to maintain the false narrative

This post belongs in "conspiracy theory". You have no credible evidence to back up your claims.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This post belongs in "conspiracy theory". You have no credible evidence to back up your claims.
Conspiracy?

Perhaps you must be watching CNN who doesn't report the facts, the Biden's have been the subject of congressional investigation for the past 2-3 months, Joe Biden is now tied directly to Hunter as his impeachment looms ever closer

Last edited:
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Conspiracy?

Perhaps you must be watching CNN who doesn't report the facts, the Biden's have been the subject of congressional investigation for the past 2-3 months, Joe Biden is now tied directly to Hunter as his impeachment looms ever closer
Lauren Boebert's articles of impeachment don't mention Hunter at all.

You may want to read up on what she's actually trying to accuse him of. Apparently, it's both abuse of power and dereliction of duty, at the same time for the same thing: the border.

-- A2SG, not sure how that works, exactly, but that's Boebert's problem, not mine.....

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Conspiracy?

What’s Hunter going to impeached for?
What office does he hold now?

Upvote 0

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟205,549.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"Lets be reasonable"
"Lets call a truce..."
"Its a witch-hunt!!!"

I don't know about you, but I have been calling for political maturity for over 20 years. Not republican maturity or democratic maturity; overall maturity as they seem to be equally guilty IMO. What we have had for decades is utterly ridiculous and I simply do not understand how anyone can applaud any party that spends more time slinging mud and name-calling than promoting their own agenda. I am tired of being largely left to choose between the best of our two abysmal choices.

ETA if it comes down to Trump and Biden in 2024 there will not be a best of the two abysmal choices IMO. There will just be two abysmal choices.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟564,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know about you, but I have been calling for political maturity for over 20 years. Not republican maturity or democratic maturity; overall maturity as they seem to be equally guilty IMO. What we have had for decades is utterly ridiculous and I simply do not understand how anyone can applaud any party that spends more time slinging mud and name-calling than promoting their own agenda. I am tired of being largely left to choose between the best of our two abysmal choices.

ETA if it comes down to Trump and Biden in 2024 there will not be a best of the two abysmal choices IMO. There will just be two abysmal choices.
Yeah... the best of two abysmal choices is, an abysmal choice.

Upvote 0