Is this a verifiable medical miracle?

Assuming that this information is true... would you term this a medical miracle?

• No

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Maybe.... I am going to research this further!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
If you are interested in researching this here is a page that you will find to be quite impressive.
It appears to have impressed you. It was meant to.

That page was meant to tickle ears to get people impressed, to get people hooked.

That page is not truth.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Could you answer my question, please?

If you really want the answer... you will have to do homework........
I studied hundreds of these accounts over these last thirty years and
they have transformed my view of the Jewish and Christian scriptures... but it will take you time.

The Dean Braxton type of experience is in my opinion a shortcut into the easiest Covenant to tap into.......
because it sure seems to me that many Covenants are operational all at the same time and our Creator can keep track of all of it......
but it confuses us.

Dean Braxton and Rabbi Alon Anava were given somewhat similar.. but quite different
experiences that they understand in some similar ways and some different. Both Dean Braxton and Rabbi Alon Anava have became totally dedicated to working for their Creator.......

... they are trying to inspire and encourage others to change their lives.....
and near death experience accounts have great power to transform lives.

Bright Lights, Big Mystery

For Sappington and others, the issue is not whether the person is actually meeting God, but why NDErs routinely seem better adjusted, more at peace and content with themselves and the world after their experience. Disregarding, for the time being at least, how they got that way, and focusing on the changes themselves, psychologists would like to borrow this newfound sense of well-being and utilize it in therapy.
Reports are highly consistent and common: "I understand things so much more" and "My senses all seem heightened." Subjects claim "sudden knowledge and comprehension of complex mathematical theorems." Psychologist Ring has identified a consistent set of value and belief changes. They include:
a greater appreciation for life
o higher self-esteem
o greater compassion for others
o a heightened sense of purpose and self-understanding
o desire to learn
o elevated spirituality
o greater ecological sensitivity and planetary concern
o a feeling of being more intuitive, sometimes psychic.
o He also observes "psychophysical changes," including:
o increased physical sensitivity
o diminished tolerance to light, alcohol, and drugs
o a feeling that their brains have been "altered" to encompass more
o a feeling that they are now using their "whole brain" rather than just a small part.
NDErs undergo radical changes in personality, and their,significant others--spouses, friends, relatives--confirm these changes, reports Bruce Greyson, M.D., clinical psychiatrist and associate professor at the University of Connecticut. Like Sappington, he is concerned with what can be learned from such new outlooks on life." (Psychology Today, article Bright lights, big mystery, by James Mauro, published on July 01, 1992)

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,854.00
Faith
Atheist
I'm inclined to view it as statistically almost inevitable that, if such a recovery is physically possible, then out of the millions of seriously ill people that get treatment every year, a few will have what Dr. Iregui called a 'very exceptional' outcome. Our attention is naturally attracted by such cases, and we tend not to think in terms of the millions for whom things did not turn out so well.

There is also often a certain amount of confirmation bias in the interpretation of such extraordinary events - as when a boat sinks or a plane crashes, and the few survivors thank their god for saving them while the families of all those who died are grieving the loss of those that were not saved.

There was a post on Quora recently about someone who'd been walking home when he was hit in the forehead by an errant .45 ACP slug from a shooting several blocks away; the slug stuck in his skull without penetrating, so he was not fatally injured. The poster suggested that "At times like these, I think it’s a good idea to thank the man upstairs", whereas it seemed more reasonable to ask what the poor man had done to deserve such a literal multi-million-to-one shot...

Upvote 0

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,687.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Actually.... it is not magic that I believe in.... I believe in vastly better medical technology as applied by beings who exist in higher invisible dimensions of space and time who can handle easily what seems to be impossible to us.

Former Atheist Mellen Thomas Benedicat was even shown a Theistic Version of the Cyclic Model of the Universe during his brush with death. Once we realize that fundamental energy would exist from infinite time in the past... this is actually quite logical:

Mellen-Thomas Benedict's Near-Death Experience

Nope, its magic.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I'm inclined to view it as statistically almost inevitable that, if such a recovery is physically possible, then out of the millions of seriously ill people that get treatment every year, a few will have what Dr. Iregui called a 'very exceptional' outcome. Our attention is naturally attracted by such cases, and we tend not to think in terms of the millions for whom things did not turn out so well.

There is also often a certain amount of confirmation bias in the interpretation of such extraordinary events - as when a boat sinks or a plane crashes, and the few survivors thank their god for saving them while the families of all those who died are grieving the loss of those that were not saved.

There was a post on Quora recently about someone who'd been walking home when he was hit in the forehead by an errant .45 ACP slug from a shooting several blocks away; the slug stuck in his skull without penetrating, so he was not fatally injured. The poster suggested that "At times like these, I think it’s a good idea to thank the man upstairs", whereas it seemed more reasonable to ask what the poor man had done to deserve such a literal multi-million-to-one shot...

There is also the possibility of those who die and leave four dimensional space - time being rescued into a higher invisible dimension.

"I asked how God could let the Holocaust of World War II happen. We were transported to a railway station as a long train of freight cars was being unloaded of its human cargo. The guards were screaming and beating the people into submission. The people were Jewish men, women, and children. Exhausted from hunger and thirst, they were totally disoriented from the ordeal of being rounded up and sent on a long journey to an unknown destination. They believed that they were going to work camps, and that their submission to the brutality of the guards was the only way to survive.

We went to the area where the selection process was taking place and heard the guards talking about "the Angel Maker." We went to the place the guards were referring to as "the Angel Maker," which was a series of ovens. I saw piles of naked corpses being loaded into the ovens, and I began to cry. Jesus said to me, "These are the people God loves." Then he said, "Look up." Rising out of the smoke of the chimneys, I saw hundreds of people being met by thousands of angels taking them up into the sky. There was great joy in the faces of the people, and there appeared to be no trace of a memory of the horrendous suffering they had just endured. How ironic that the guards sarcastically called the ovens "the Angel Maker."

I asked how God could allow this to happen. They told me that this was not God's will. This was an abomination to God. God wants this never to happen again. This was the sacrifice of an innocent people to whom God had given the law to be an example, a light, to the rest of the world. This Holocaust was breaking God's heart. The anguish that Jesus was suffering at the slaughter of his people was too much for me to bear and I begged that we leave this place. I will never forget this: his anguish at this horror and what it represents. This was one of the low points in human history."

I asked, Why does God let things like this happen? They told me that God was very unhappy with the course of human history and was going to intervene to change the world. God had watched us sink to depths of depravity and cruelty at the very time that he was giving us the instruments to make the world a godlier world. God had intervened in the world many times before, but this time God was going to change the course of human events." (Howard Storm, My Descent Into Death, page 42,43)

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
There have been documented cases of people surviving extreme circumstances. To claim such circumstances are examples of divine miracles is a stretch. The more rational explanation is that this person was an outlier. IOW, they got lucky.

IMHO, a divine miracle would have to be something which unquestionably contradicted reality. For example if a person fell 1000 feet onto jagged rocks and then stood up without a scratch, that would be a miracle.

Surviving a brush with death while in surgery? Not so much.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Let me ask you this. Is there anything on YouTube that conforms to your beliefs that you not trust?

And conversely, is there anything you have seen on YouTube that does conflict with your beliefs that you do trust?

Actually.... I did think of one aspect of many near death experience accounts that I take as something of a litmus test. It is the LIFE REVIEW.

If a near death experience does not include a life review.....
it might be merely an out of the body experience and the calibre of
those can be totally different from a genuine brush with death that
involves reviewing our lives with a being or beings of light.

The Life Review and the Near-Death Experience

The Life Review and the Near-Death Experience Kimberly Clark Sharp once shared an interesting near-death account of the life review of a woman who saw an event in her life as a child. The lesson the woman learned from her life review is that our actions which seem unimportant can be more important than we can imagine on the other side. When the woman was a little girl, she saw a tiny flower growing almost impossibly out of a crack in the sidewalk. She bent down and cupped the flower and gave it her full unconditional love and attention. When the girl became a woman and had an NDE, during her life review she discovered that it was this incident with the flower that was the most important event of her entire life. The reason was because it was the moment where she expressed her love in a greater, purer, and unconditional manner. This example of a life review by Kimberly Clark Sharp is one of my favorite examples because it shows in a dramatic way a principle that appears in many life reviews. The principle is that the actions we think are unimportant may turn out to be the most important act we have ever done in our life. Unconditional and spontaneous acts of love are the greatest acts we can perform - even if it is directed at a tiny flower.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,854.00
Faith
Atheist
There is also the possibility of those who die and leave four dimensional space - time being rescued into a higher invisible dimension.
Lol! and we can get Thor to cross Bifrost as a messenger between us and them?

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
If you really want the answer... you will have to do homework........
I studied hundreds of these accounts over these last thirty years and
they have transformed my view of the Jewish and Christian scriptures... but it will take you time.

The Dean Braxton type of experience is in my opinion a shortcut into the easiest Covenant to tap into.......
because it sure seems to me that many Covenants are operational all at the same time and our Creator can keep track of all of it......
but it confuses us.

Dean Braxton and Rabbi Alon Anava were given somewhat similar.. but quite different
experiences that they understand in some similar ways and some different. Both Dean Braxton and Rabbi Alon Anava have became totally dedicated to working for their Creator.......

... they are trying to inspire and encourage others to change their lives.....
and near death experience accounts have great power to transform lives.

Bright Lights, Big Mystery
Can you answer my question? If you can’t that’s okay.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Actually.... I did think of one aspect of many near death experience accounts that I take as something of a litmus test. It is the LIFE REVIEW.
If a near death experience does not include a life review.....
it might be merely an out of the body experience and the calibre of
those can be totally different from a genuine brush with death that
involves reviewing our lives with a being or beings of light.

The Life Review and the Near-Death Experience
You’re totally not listening to me so I’m giving up.

Does the dance of mild annoyance.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
You’re totally not listening to me so I’m giving up.

Does the dance of mild annoyance.
He got hooked on , whatever, a few years ago, and apparently used to believe the truth before that. Now it looks unfortunately like a family activity to follow those grandiose (and mostly false) illusions from youtube. If anyone differs, if anyone points out the Scriptural truth OR even the non-Scriptural truth, exposing the illusions, that's a no-go.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As to the subject, i don't believe any of these people that claimed they went to heaven, or even hell for that matter.

Awe them, get the attention of those who seek out such things, then sell books, get followers, whatever it takes to get our money.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
NDE's are also reported by adherents of other religions.

Yes..... and the near death experience of Rabbi Alon Anava is especially interesting to me because I find many correlations between his NDE with Matthew 4
then his teachings after his near death experience correspond greatly with
Matthew 5
Matthew 6 and
Matthew 7

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yes..... and the near death experience of Rabbi Alon Anava is especially interesting to me because I find many correlations between his NDE with Matthew 4
then his teachings after his near death experience correspond greatly with
Matthew 5
Matthew 6 and
Matthew 7
Why not STICK WITH SCRIPTURE !?
Buddhists, JWs, Mormons all , can find, "correlations" with all those Scriptures also,
but it hurts to do so instead of helping ! (when promoting false ideas, feelings and gospels)

• Useful
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Can you answer my question? If you can’t that’s okay.

I ran into one website on these accounts that I was not impressed by so I gave up on that one and concentrated my time on near-death .com where it seemed that better vetting of accounts had been done.

Once I read an account on near-death .com then later on I might search for that name on youtube so that is the method of vetting accounts that I found that works for me.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Why not STICK WITH SCRIPTURE !?
Buddhists, JWs, Mormons all , can find, "correlations" with all those Scriptures also,
but it hurts to do so instead of helping ! (when promoting false ideas, feelings and gospels)

Because just like the Ethiopian Eunuch in the Book of Acts all of us need somebody who can make the scriptures more understandable.... and these accounts have been doing it for me personally.

Acts of the Apostles 8

And Philip ran to him, and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

31 And he said, How can I, except some one shall guide me? And he besought Philip to come up and sit with him.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Because just like the Ethiopian Eunuch in the Book of Acts all of us need somebody who can make the scriptures more understandable.... and these accounts have been doing it for me personally.
It does not come thru in your posts as many have pointed out already.
If you understood more, why do your posts continue to show rather obvious errors and apparently tickled ears following someting other than Jesus !?
Get back to and stick with Scripture like I believe you once did. That is better than following ticklers of ears, emotions and feelings, family and teachers, in errors.

Upvote 0