Is this a verifiable medical miracle?

Assuming that this information is true... would you term this a medical miracle?

• No

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Maybe.... I am going to research this further!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
A massive change in the lifestyle of the person who has this type of experience is powerful evidence that they themselves take what they saw and experienced very seriously.

Sadly, it can go both ways. The enemy's goal is the same thing.

The more dangerous false teachings are the ones that are closer to the Truth because it's more difficult to discern them to be false.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Sadly, it can go both ways. The enemy's goal is the same thing.

The more dangerous false teachings are the ones that are closer to the Truth because it's more difficult to discern them to be false.
Can the Shepherd discern them?

Rhetorical.

Of course the Shepherd has no problem at all.

Thus, the solution! LISTEN to the Shepherd and follow Him only. Not another voice.

Upvote 0

SLP

May 29, 2002
✟21,532.00
Faith
Atheist
Isn't it strange that non-Christians have different NDEs than Christians do?

It is almost as if the subjective interpretations of these events are colored by one's social/religious indoctrination.

Near-Death Experiences and Hinduism

And sometimes, people experience NDEs and they don't even die:

Near-death experience 'in mind'

Dr Watt, of the University of Edinburgh, said: "Some of the studies we examined show that many of the people experiencing a near-death experience were not actually in danger of dying, although most thought they were.

"The scientific evidence suggests that all aspects of the near-death experience have a biological basis."
[...]

Pilots flying at G-force can sometimes experience "hypertensive syncope" which causes tunnel-like peripheral or even central visual loss for up to eight seconds.

And a US study suggested the light at the end of the tunnel can be explained by poor blood and oxygen supply to the eye.

The feelings of bliss and euphoria, meanwhile, can be recreated with drugs such as ketamine and amphetamine.​

Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
It may indicate that it is not spiritual experiences at all, i.e. not at all reality - just dreams/ imagination.
It looks like all of the ndes investigated so far are not proven to be of any true value - just monetary profits and publicity and attention seeking....
This is not a surprise after the elevated emotional roller-coaster ride is exited.

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
CBN put a lot of time and effort over five years into this report and did interviews with his doctor.

Routine Surgery Opens Door to Heaven
By definition a miracle is performed by a divine agent. If you can verify the miraculous nature of the event you will demonstrate the existence of a divine being. Good luck with that.

Any other explanation is not miraculous, and that's where the smart money goes.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

It is almost as if the subjective interpretations of these events are colored by one's social/religious indoctrination.

Near-Death Experiences and Hinduism

And sometimes, people experience NDEs and they don't even die:

Near-death experience 'in mind'

Dr Watt, of the University of Edinburgh, said: "Some of the studies we examined show that many of the people experiencing a near-death experience were not actually in danger of dying, although most thought they were.

"The scientific evidence suggests that all aspects of the near-death experience have a biological basis."
[...]

Pilots flying at G-force can sometimes experience "hypertensive syncope" which causes tunnel-like peripheral or even central visual loss for up to eight seconds.

And a US study suggested the light at the end of the tunnel can be explained by poor blood and oxygen supply to the eye.

The feelings of bliss and euphoria, meanwhile, can be recreated with drugs such as ketamine and amphetamine.​

Atheist Mellen Thomas Benedict kept on asking the being of light that he met more and more and more questions until all of his questions were answered and he was left in a state of awe.

Mellen-Thomas Benedict's Near-Death Experience

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,742.00
Faith
Atheist
Atheist Mellen Thomas Benedict kept on asking the being of light that he met more and more and more questions until all of his questions were answered and he was left in a state of awe.

After all those answered questions, did he come back with anything useful he couldn't have already known or made up?

Such as life-improving medical procedures (e.g. a cure for cancer)? improved solar cell or battery efficiency? the key to nuclear fusion? some hidden treasure to give to charity? a way to prevent climate change? ... Anything useful besides personal awe?

• Useful
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
After all those answered questions, did he come back with anything useful he couldn't have already known or made up?

Such as life-improving medical procedures (e.g. a cure for cancer)? improved solar cell or battery efficiency? the key to nuclear fusion? some hidden treasure to give to charity? a way to prevent climate change? ... Anything useful besides personal awe?

Yes... he actually did come back with several patentable discoveries:

Scientific Discoveries Come From Near-Death Experiences

Dr. PMH Atwater responds to the argument that experiencers do not bring back anything useful:

blue_dress.jpg
DR. PMH ATWATER
:
Not true! A fellow in, I believe it was Sweden, went on to copyright over a hundred inventions that have made a significant difference in society. Mellen-Thomas Benedict invented a glasscutter that alleviates much hand fatigue in accordance to directions he received in his experience. In fact, Mellen-Thomas participated in a number of medical research projects, and because of the information he gave the researchers, they were able to advance their work significantly. He is now doing DNA research and working on instruments that can help physicians use certain frequencies of light in healing. These are just a few of many.

In my own case, I was told in my third NDE to do the research I do - my directions were specific and detailed. Look at what has resulted! Hardly trivial, I'd say. The reason you seldom hear of people like me and Mellen-Thomas and the fellow from Sweden is that we don't make spectacles of ourselves. We just do our work.

Also, please refer to my last three books. All of them have a section devoted to historical figures who had an NDE and who went on to make a significant impact on the world - people like Abraham Lincoln, Mozart, Einstein, Winston Churchill, Queen Elisabeth the First, and Edward de Vere the 17th Earl of Oxford - who may well be the real Shakespeare. I would invite you to look beyond the so-called popular books on NDEs, and do some real digging. You may be surprised at what you find! Please just read my books. I am specific and give references. The answers to most of your questions are addressed.

Since you mentioned it, I have thought of a number of experiencers who went on to do great things afterward: Donna DeSoto and her Sav-Baby Organization, Dannion Brinkley and his Compassion In Action volunteer service for the dying, Carol Parrish-Harra and the Sparrow Hawk Village she built and the Sancta Sophia Seminary she founded, Nadia McCaffrey and the Natural Death Centers she is starting to construct and staff, George Ritchie and his Youth Corps, and so forth. The line is a long one, no one knows how long for most experiencers seldom seek the limelight.

and....

https://www.near-death.com/experiences/exceptional/mellen-thomas-benedict.html
"Mellen-Thomas, under hypnosis, was able to give accurate information about and draw the genetic makeup of a rare neuromuscular disease. I was astounded by this. It's not the kind of thing where one could cheat." - Dr. Janice Holden

Benedict has been closely involved in the research area of Quantum Biology - the quantum relationship between light and life. Benedict has discovered how living cells can respond very quickly to light stimulation resulting in, among other things, high speed healing. His research is providing dramatic new perspectives on how biological systems work. He is also a technology and product consultant and a popular lecturer on the subjects of longevity, energy medicine, and phototherapy.

During his NDE, Benedict was given the names of several people whose discoveries would one day be seen as on a par with those of Newton or Einstein. One of the names given to him was "Cleve Backster." After having his NDE, Benedict tracked him down. Cleve Backster, see www.primaryperception.com, is best known for his experiments with biocommunication in plant and animal cells using a polygraph machine in the 1960s which led to his theory of "primary perception." Cleve Backster's study was partially replicated in 1973 by Dr. Harold Puthoff and Russell Targ of CIA remote-viewing "Stargate Project" fame at the Stanford Research Institute. Puthoff and Targ applied for and received a research grant to probe plant sensitivity. In 1973, they began to conduct plant and human consciousness research on the “Backster Effect." The product culminated in a final report called "Organic Biofield Sensor" by H. E. Puthoff and R. Fontes.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
"It's like a miracle except that it's all because of the doctors"

No claims of miracles, just acceptance that this was unexpected but ultimately explainable.

But what if the doctors have the wisdom, the humility and the understanding of what happened to
refuse to take the credit...... knowing that they were witnesses to what they consider to be a medical miracle.

The majority of Dr. Eben Alexander's doctors will not take credit for what happened in his case either...... they know that something really unusual happened in his brain and body as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,742.00
Faith
Atheist
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
So, he invented an ergonomic glass cutter, and was inspired to work on other inventions. Not sure any of that qualifies as stuff he couldn't already have known or made up. People have been getting inspiration from unusual experiences since the beginning of recorded history.

I totally agree.... but how many of those inspirations were gifts from intelligences that exist primarily in higher invisible dimensions of space and time????

Even Richard Dawkins Ph. D. has an open mind to the possibility of their being some form of aliens who may have became technologically advanced and could perhaps have played a role in human evolution or even in our history.........
but what kind of annoys me is why somebody as obviously bright as Dr. Dawkins does not expand his
theories on aliens to include extra-dimensional aliens???????

www.CarbonBias.blogspot.ca/

https://www.near-death.com/experiences/exceptional/howard-storm.html#a04

Science, technology, and other benefits, they told me, had been gifts bestowed on humanity by them - through inspiration. People had literally been led to those discoveries, many of which had later been perverted by humanity to use for its own destruction.

We could do too much damage to the planet. And by the planet, they meant all of God's creation. Not just the people, but the animals, the trees, the birds, the insects, everything.

They explained to me that their concern was for all the people of the world. They weren't interested in one group getting ahead of other groups. They want every person to consider every other person greater than their own flesh. They want everyone to love everyone else, completely; more, even, than they love themselves. If someone, someplace else in the world hurts, than we should hurt we should feel their pain. And we should help them. Our planet has evolved to the point, for the first time in our history, that we have the power to do that. We are globally linked. And we could become one people.

Upvote 0

SLP

May 29, 2002
✟21,532.00
Faith
Atheist

And?

Was this being Krishna? If not, then it is a hoax.
Because, you see, I have read tales of people having NDEs and they see Krishna.

Upvote 0

SLP

May 29, 2002
✟21,532.00
Faith
Atheist
It may indicate that it is not spiritual experiences at all, i.e. not at all reality - just dreams/ imagination.
Agreed.
Yet, these subjective experiences are the sum total of all evangelical/fundamentalist/religionist 'evidence' for Heaven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,742.00
Faith
Atheist
I totally agree.... but how many of those inspirations were gifts from intelligences that exist primarily in higher invisible dimensions of space and time????
There's no evidence to suggest there are 'higher invisible dimensions of space and time' nor that if there are, there might be intelligences in them, nor that if they existed, they could communicate with us, nor that if they could communicate with us, they'd do it directly into our brains. It's speculative to the extent of fantasy, and everything we know of physics and neuroscience tells us it's not possible. It's possible that what we know is completely wrong, but it works extremely well, so I see no reason to abandon it for speculative fantasy.

As I said, people have been inspired to do great (and also awful) things by unusual experiences since record began - and visions, dreams, etc., and a small subset of those experiences. If we can find inspiration for ourselves there's no reason to invoke 'gifts' from fantastical beings in 'other dimensions'; it's just sciency-sounding mysticism.

Even Richard Dawkins Ph. D. has an open mind to the possibility of their being some form of aliens who may have became technologically advanced and could perhaps have played a role in human evolution or even in our history.........
AFAIAA, Dawkins has conceded the possibility that aliens might have seeded life on Earth, but no more than that. If you have some reference for him suggesting they could have played a role in human evolution or history, I'd like to see it.

... what kind of annoys me is why somebody as obviously bright as Dr. Dawkins does not expand his theories on aliens to include extra-dimensional aliens???????
I expect he has similar reasons to mine (see above). As Prof. Walter Kotschnig said, "One should keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out".

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
There's no evidence to suggest there are 'higher invisible dimensions of space and time'
But, but, but, THAT (those ideas), are where the goats thrive! (instead of listening to the Shepherd of Souls, they listen to "strange fire"/ "tingling ears"/ "false everything"...
since it "feels good", is not just interesting but fires up their (flesh/carnal) soul.

And

makes money......

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,742.00
Faith
Atheist
What you have seen and heard, you have seen and heard.
What you think you have seen and heard is what you think you have seen and heard.

If you google for visual and auditory illusions, you'll find lots of examples of how you can be mistaken about what you see and hear even when you are wide awake and you know that it's an illusion.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
What you think you have seen and heard is what you think you have seen and heard.

If you google for visual and auditory illusions, you'll find lots of examples of how you can be mistaken about what you see and hear even when you are wide awake and you know that it's an illusion.

The nde-illusions are posted frequently, and are all so far , except for maybe one or two out of many, contrary to all Scripture,
and those one or two are being used (attempted to be used) to tickle people's ears instead of
discover the truth in line with all Scripture.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,742.00
Faith
Atheist
The Tate-illusions are posted frequently, and are all so far , except for maybe one or two out of many, contrary to all Scripture,
and those one or two are being used (attempted to be used) to tickle people's ears instead of
discover the truth in line with all Scripture.
Tate-illusions? Sorry, I don't know what you're talking about; if it's something interesting, please give links.

Upvote 0