• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Is this a pedophile comment or not??

Discussion in 'Requests for Christian Advice' started by Life2Christ, May 11, 2014.

1. Armistead14

Armistead14 Newbie

+49
    Baptist
    Married
    I'm not sure why she said that about the father, maybe she's thinking that if thinks leggings are out he's looking at her sexually. This on it's own is of course silly. Men do become sexually aware of their daughters, but it doesn't mean they have sexual desires towards them.

2. Avniel

Avniel Doing my part each day by being the best me

+390
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I don't think it's even becoming "sexually aware" my daughter is 4 months now and I would never let her wear leggings. I know what guys say about women that wear certain articles of clothing....well I know what my friends say. I just want my daughter to be viewed in a different I want her to demand respect.

3. Life2Christ

Life2Christ Guest

+0
    She is soooo cute! :)
    Beware of Target clothes. I was there the other day and they actually sell daisy dukes for little girls. I was like what??

4. Avniel

+390
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Yeah I hate that you will not see my daughter wear anything that looks like it's something an adult wears that has low self esteem even clothes that looks to old. I like clothes that are age appropriate.

5. parsley

parsley .

+289
    Protestant
    Private
    Sounds likely.
    I am curious about that, bc when my kids were little, all the girls' 0-6 slacks were stretch pants -- basically leggings. That seems to still be true when I shop for relatives' kids.

There's a difference in fabric thicknesses from tights to leggings to stretch pants, but now that clothes are made more cheaply and synthetically, everything is probably thinner.

6. Avniel

+390
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Are you asking why?

7. parsley

parsley .

+289
    Protestant
    Private
    Well... sort of but don't worry about it. It was more of a rhetorical thought, thanks for asking.

8. graciesings

graciesings It is so ordered.

+780
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    I don't think there's anything wrong with that!

For starters, I think leggings aren't pants. They do show a lot.

I also think that little girls should be dressed modestly. If you don't want your teenager wearing immodest clothing, don't let your toddler wear it. Letting little girls wear sexually revealing clothing sets standards for their pre-teen/teen years, makes them more vulnerable to rape/kidnapping, and can also put their priorities in the wrong order. Girls in elementary school should not be making an effort to look sexy. Out of all the little girls I know (and I know a lot!) the ones in families that dress them stylishly are most likely to be concerned about attracting boys in the wrong ways.

Finally, this is different for dads. Any good Dad remembers being a hormone-controlled teenage boy, and then looks at his daughter and thinks, "Oh, no! Some boy just like me is going to come around and hurt her!" This hits at different times with different Dads. I saw one pastor go bug-eyed a few months ago when a 3 year old boy in the church was chasing his three year old daughter. However, I've also seen Dads who don't really realize that until the girls hit puberty. What I'm saying is, there's a good chance he's thinking about protecting his daughter (and yours too!) because he remembers how he reacted to little girls in tight pants.

In many families, the fathers set stronger standards for modest clothing than the girls' mothers do. I think that's because women look at clothing on a gradient of how stylish, or how pretty. Men are more likely to see things on the gradient of, "How hard is she trying to get laid?" So leggings would be more likely to seem immodest to a Dad.

9. PursueTheTruth

PursueTheTruth Newbie

+0
    Seeker
    Married
    You obviously know what is written above isn't. Do you have a word for word statement that can be evaluated for things between the lines?

10. znr

znr Report THIS. Supporter

+54
    Reformed
    Private
    This topic needs to be redirected back to your reply. Over and over again, apparently.