Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Our job as Christians is to teach the Truth of God's Word. Salvation is up to the individual and God. The Church has part in helping Christians keep there salvation Secure, but in the end it is an individual choice. The Bible is clear only a very small % will choose to follow the true way or path of Jesus Christ.
Most of Christendom will be lost with everyone else.

• Winner
Reactions: Karin12414
Upvote 0

FIRESTORM314

Site Supporter
Feb 20, 2018
The Shires
✟197,596.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Our job as Christians is to teach the Truth of God's Word. Salvation is up to the individual and God. The Church has part in helping Christians keep there salvation Secure, but in the end it is an individual choice. The Bible is clear only a very small % will choose to follow the true way or path of Jesus Christ.
Most of Christendom will be lost with everyone else.

It's a case of the kettle calling the pot...
Some of the different groups seems to be calling the others false over there.

It resembles something of a Monty Python Film - "The People Front of Judea" and the Popular Peoples Front sketch comes to mind.

As far as the Bible being clear that only a small % will be saved & most of christendom will be lost...

Mathew 8:11
I say to you that MANY will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.

ROMANS 10:13
For "Everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved."

Upvote 0

Thedictator

Retired Coach, Now Missionary to the World
Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Mathew 8:11
I say to you that MANY will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.

ROMANS 10:13
For "Everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved."
Read Matthew 7:13-15-----It says that only a few people will see salvation, because so many will follow false teachers and not the Word of God.

Matthew 7:21-23---- States that not everyone who says they are Christian will be saved, but ONLY those who do the will of God. Only those who obey the Word of God will see salvation, not those who follow false teachers of man-made churches.

You have taken Romans 10 out of context the word call in Greek is "appeal to", The word name means in the Greek "by Authority". Just saying I'm a Christian, and not living the life of a Christian will save no one. You must place your life under the authority of Jesus Christ and live by the authority of the Word of God (Bible) to see Salvation. A lot of Christendom believes that Jesus Christ is their friend and not their LORD, KING, JUDGE, and Sovereign. Worldliness and The Kingdom of God do not mix.

• Winner
Upvote 0

FIRESTORM314

Site Supporter
Feb 20, 2018
The Shires
✟197,596.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Read Matthew 7:13-15-----It says that only a few people will see salvation, because so many will follow false teachers and not the Word of God.

Matthew 7:21-23---- States that not everyone who says they are Christian will be saved, but ONLY those who do the will of God. Only those who obey the Word of God will see salvation, not those who follow false teachers of man-made churches.

You have taken Romans 10 out of context the word call in Greek is "appeal to", The word name means in the Greek "by Authority". Just saying I'm a Christian, and not living the life of a Christian will save no one. You must place your life under the authority of Jesus Christ and live by the authority of the Word of God (Bible) to see Salvation. A lot of Christendom believes that Jesus Christ is their friend and not their LORD, KING, JUDGE, and Sovereign. Worldliness and The Kingdom of God do not mix.

There's quite a few Scriptures in the Bible that say MANY too :)

My Father's house has many rooms...

As a final word I'd say go and have a look at the dimensions given to New Jerusalem in the bible. The building speaks volumes. I'd say God has very much enlarged his tent...much more than you think.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
May I ask why the word "vaccine" is inserted here?

Sure, I am talking about cultural influence. Some based on culture claims we have a Christian Nation. Once people get hooked on the appearance of being a Christian they are vaccinated to becoming a real Christian.

Upvote 0

Sopranino Player

Make a joyful noise unto the Lord.
Dec 4, 2017
Westerville
✟15,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Do you read Greek or Aramaic my friend. There are more than a few possible definitions to the Scripture portions to which you are referring.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Thedictator

Retired Coach, Now Missionary to the World
Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you read Greek or Aramaic my friend. There are more than a few possible definitions to the Scripture portions to which you are referring.

Yes, I have studied Bible Greek, And if you twist the scriptures enough you can come up with all kinds of possible interpretations to any verse in the Bible.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is there too much christian influence in US culture? vaccine

People today think they are Christian, but are not born of the Spirit.

Where darkness gets darker, true light gets brighter.

Would you prefer there to be no Christian influence in society/culture?

Can you identify where in atheism one can find teaching about everyone being of equal worth or having equal rights in law?

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Is there too much christian influence in US culture? vaccine

People today think they are Christian, but are not born of the Spirit.

Where darkness gets darker, true light gets brighter.

Would you say more people are deceived by cultural Christianity than by Islam?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LovesOurLord

Jun 19, 2018
Denver
✟15,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Too little Christian influence. This country was founded by Christians with very Christian views.

The Declaration of Independence mentions the CREATOR. The idea that Christianity has no place in public life is an atheistic lie and attempt to erase history.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Doctor.Sphinx

Dec 10, 2017
De Nile
✟20,762.00
Country
Egypt
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Sure, I am talking about cultural influence. Some based on culture claims we have a Christian Nation. Once people get hooked on the appearance of being a Christian they are vaccinated to becoming a real Christian.
So just like vaccines reduce one's intelligence and health, you believe that people thinking they are Christians when they are not reduces their intelligence, and likelihood of actually achieving real salvation?

Upvote 0