Is there something wrong with me?

JeremiahJ

Jun 9, 2005
✟848.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You've had a lot of rough stuff in your life. Praise God you're where you're at now though! I think you know this, but your past does impact your perception of yourself in the present. It skews it. You see yourself inaccurately because of the things people have said to you and done to you in the past. Just because other people say it doesn't mean its true, and just because you're treated a certain way doesn't mean you deserve that. You seem like a cool girl who has dealt with and overcome a lot of adversity. That's awesome. A lot of Christian guys are pretty messed up by what this world has taught and continues to teach them. As they grow and mature in their relationship with Christ, they realize that they don't need to go after the girls society calls attractive that are outgoing and flirtatiously inviting. You'll find the right guy. It might take a while, but you will. You have a lot of great qualities that a lot of guys will go for. Just keep pursuing His love, and let Him work out those other details.

Reactions: Love&Pain
Upvote 0

winglovesall

Apr 26, 2005
✟18,968.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well -- God always has a special guy (in your case) in the plan --

I accept what I look -- although I look a bit dawky in western culture (that is - Australia). I fully accept it. I look a bit ugly. My sister states that I am too fugly to have a girlfriend -- this is her opinion only -- never true!

I know I am a very loving and caring person and that automatically attracts a chick who wants those qualities.

Upvote 0

sparrow

God loves the sparrows
Mar 29, 2002
Oxfordshire, England
✟16,829.00
Faith
Christian
Physical beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I really believe this... When you like someone, you end up loving how they look like, even if it had not previously been your "ideal". When I was with my ex-boyfriend, everything about him seemed perfect to me. I loved the way he looked. Even though previously, when described my perfect guy, I would have said he should have been taller, a bit bigger etc etc than Alex was.

You end up loving someone for who they are. If you truly love them, you will love the way they look, even if it is not "perfect", it will become "perfect", cos those features belong to the person you adore.

Am I making sense?

So you may not consider yourself to be particularly striking or beautiful or whatever, and you may not think that many of your characteristics are desirable, but when you meet the right guy, he will love all those things, because they are a part of you.

Upvote 0

london boy

Welsh and German blood, English heart
Apr 5, 2004
London, UK, Europe, The World
✟11,381.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
sparrow said:
Physical beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I really believe this... When you like someone, you end up loving how they look like, even if it had not previously been your "ideal". When I was with my ex-boyfriend, everything about him seemed perfect to me. I loved the way he looked. Even though previously, when described my perfect guy, I would have said he should have been taller, a bit bigger etc etc than Alex was.

You end up loving someone for who they are. If you truly love them, you will love the way they look, even if it is not "perfect", it will become "perfect", cos those features belong to the person you adore.

Am I making sense?

So you may not consider yourself to be particularly striking or beautiful or whatever, and you may not think that many of your characteristics are desirable, but when you meet the right guy, he will love all those things, because they are a part of you.

Good post - it's so true what you say :)

Upvote 0

johnnystaycool

Jun 3, 2004
Gladstone Oregon
✟15,423.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
First off, beauty is not usually the problem (at least to a certain extent). I think I'm a fairly attractive guy and I have been single for over four years. You girls think it is hard finding a good Christian guy, I think it is hard finding a good Christian girl. I have seen many good looking people here and you are no exception. The problem I think is that those of us that value Christ above all else and have made Him both our lord and our savior are not fit for this world. We are killing our old worldy selves on a daily basis while majority are strengthening them. I'm speaking of the true Christians, the ones who have given themselves to God and want nothing more than to be with Him. I'm not saying that we shouldn't want somebody special in our lives, I am saying that being a true Christian severely limits the choices out there. Once God has made us and our partners ready for each other, He will put us together. For some though, there may not be someone out there for them, for these people (I truly believe) God has something larger in mind for them. Look at Paul, he never married and look at how God used him! Do not get discouraged, pray and keep your attention towards God. He knows what you need, and He will provide.

May God bless all who follow Him and may all who follow Him glorify Him through their actions and words.

~Jason

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟570,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
love4jesus said:
The weird guys that liked me... one, was suicidal... another was a stalker who told my friends not to talk to me. Last time, I was talking to my friend. He came by and told my friend that he was in trouble for talking to me. He follows me around and looks at me... another guy, has bad hygiene and a bad attitude... the last guy was a drug attitic. :o

Sorry that you have had a luck of wierd and bad guys lately. You are way too good for them. Praying that your luck does turn around indeed!! :amen:

Upvote 0

Fatolia

War, love, and prayer...my life
Aug 14, 2004
Kokomo, IN
✟8,969.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

johnnystaycool said:
First off, beauty is not usually the problem (at least to a certain extent). I think I'm a fairly attractive guy and I have been single for over four years. You girls think it is hard finding a good Christian guy, I think it is hard finding a good Christian girl. I have seen many good looking people here and you are no exception. The problem I think is that those of us that value Christ above all else and have made Him both our lord and our savior are not fit for this world. We are killing our old worldy selves on a daily basis while majority are strengthening them. I'm speaking of the true Christians, the ones who have given themselves to God and want nothing more than to be with Him. I'm not saying that we shouldn't want somebody special in our lives, I am saying that being a true Christian severely limits the choices out there. Once God has made us and our partners ready for each other, He will put us together. For some though, there may not be someone out there for them, for these people (I truly believe) God has something larger in mind for them. Look at Paul, he never married and look at how God used him! Do not get discouraged, pray and keep your attention towards God. He knows what you need, and He will provide.

May God bless all who follow Him and may all who follow Him glorify Him through their actions and words.

~Jason

Upvote 0

stormgade4

The Industrial Average
Oct 6, 2003
Visit site
✟1,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Just so you know, the table is the same for guys too. Granted I'm not very good looking to boot, but it seems the Christian girls I know are looking for perfection too. They want the rich, young lawyer to come out of the blue. I have no chance with these girls. In truth, I really don't want them. That's why I love teachers. I've never met a teacher with an ego.

Upvote 0

~HopeFloats~

Blessed
Jul 6, 2005
✟3,799.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I felt the need to post this..

You are young.. 19.. so young enjoy your time and there is a reason you are single.. God has a partner out there for you..

The things you say make me thing you have slight issues with your image, I will keep you in my prayers :groupray:

Upvote 0
Mar 19, 2004
Canada
✟43,750.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
love4jesus said:
Why do I feel that I cannot get a boyfriend because I am not pretty? I keep telling myself that if I lost weight, got my scars removed, if I had bigger breasts, normal hearing, no mole on my neck, and nice hair someone would like me. :sigh: All the wrong guys like me, guys that are weird. I don't know why I feel that a lot of guys only like girls for their beauty.

I feel the same way!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rainonme

Jun 20, 2005
Kansas
Visit site
✟880.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
you are beautiful. God made you the way you are for a reason. you shouldnt want a bf that only wants you for your looks. the ones you want are the ones that want you for your personality and who you are on the inside those are the keepers :). as for the creeps...eh well we all get them and there's nothin we can do about it.

Upvote 0

johnpaul

Jul 20, 2005
✟119.00
Faith
Christian
:bow: I just like this flash.
Ok you have heard a lot of true stuff from all of your brothers and sisters in Christ in previous posts so i throw my two cents in myself. I am engaged to a wonderful woman who believes the same as I do and I Love her so much. Before her I dated and constantly looked for the woman who was "ideal" woman to have ie physically front page magazine beauty and able to hold a good conversation.
Well i met them and never stayed with them for very long because i could always find something wrong with them or myself and end it. Never knowing why they all were inadiquite to me (i know now it was MY perspective). I know this is horrible being a christian and all. To be honest i kept the christian qualities of a woman on the backburner and just figured those would sort themselves out once i found my supermodel. I had some bizzare prayer request those years! Thank God for his mercy, finally i gave up frustrated beyond anything that my quest so far has been a failure. I decided that I would focus on my walk with Jesus and Just let God take care of this. I know it is cliche but i didn't care.
And low and behold some time later years, I met my now fiancee. Guess what? I have known her since i was eight! Who knew any way we started hanging out and everything fell into place. Ofcouse Iam very attracted to her but this has become insignificant to what she brings to my life. And now Looking back i wish I never had relations with those other girls in the past because I know now how special she is to me. Of course without those past relations i probably wouldn't appreciate her like i do now. I wish I had more lines to write but i can't write a book, but here it is from my life.

:hug: oh and this flash looks like the smily is ripping the other in half =P

Upvote 0

Love&Pain

Love Your Enemies
Oct 12, 2003
California
✟26,053.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I think I want a boyfriend because I feel alone. I see couples together and even though they argue or fight sometimes, they still have and love one another. Growing up, I never experienced how it felt to be loved from anyone. People made fun of me and teased me all the way through High school. I wanted a friend, someone to hold me and love me for who I am. Today, I have friends but not close friends. I figure that if I got married one day he would be my best 'physical friend' that would always be there for me. I guess I am a dreamer. I know I have to be patient and wait for the right man to come along. Looks don't really matter to me. I love a man who can make me laugh, who has a heart to help others, puts Christ first, works hard, and loves to learn. ^_^ People always tell me that I was born this way for a reason. I was thinking, I am really screwed up because I need glasses and a hearing aid but then I thought things could be worst. Thank you everyone for your support. :hug:

Upvote 0
B

Bloomin' Pyro

love4jesus said:
I think I want a boyfriend because I feel alone. I see couples together and even though they argue or fight sometimes, they still have and love one another. Growing up, I never experienced how it felt to be loved from anyone. People made fun of me and teased me all the way through High school. I wanted a friend, someone to hold me and love me for who I am. Today, I have friends but not close friends. I figure that if I got married one day he would be my best 'physical friend' that would always be there for me. I guess I am a dreamer. I know I have to be patient and wait for the right man to come along. Looks don't really matter to me. I love a man who can make me laugh, who has a heart to help others, puts Christ first, works hard, and loves to learn. ^_^ People always tell me that I was born this way for a reason. I was thinking, I am really screwed up because I need glasses and a hearing aid but then I thought things could be worst. Thank you everyone for your support. :hug:

:cry: *sniff* It's not nice to make grown men cry. :)

When I read that, one thought came to my mind: when did I write that?

But I didn't write it. I just identify with it all too well. What you seek for in a man, I seek for in a woman. What you experienced as one who is disab--Blessed by God, I have experienced as one who is also Blessed. My friends are distant, and yet I desire to introduce my wife one day as "My wife and best friend."

On a side note, you ever wonder who keeps telling your friends and family that you're born this way for a reason, but the person who tells them that keeps forgetting to send YOU the memo? I've always wondered that. The same goes for "There's someone out there for you." WHO TELLS YOU PEOPLE THIS? Tell them to put my name on the mailing list for the flipping memo!

Holy Toledo...

In Christ,
Rob

EDIT: I have glasses and probably need a hearing aid.

P.S.: This came to mind about two microseconds ago.

all girls dream of a fairy tail
but what you got's like a used car sales
man, trying to conceal what's wrong
behind a smile and a song
and i'm not saying that boys are not like that
but i think you should know
that some of us will grow
because...
all princes start as frogs
all gentleman as dogs
just wait till it's plain to see
what we're growing up to be..
coz some frogs will still be frogs
some dogs will still be dogs
but some boys can become men
just don't kiss us till then

Woof. Gimme a few years.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

koban4max

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2005
✟3,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
bubblegirl23 said:
Many guys go for looks, but soon leave because their interest was shallow all along. I'm a pretty girl with an immune disability and these shallow types drive me crazy.

Being "unpretty" has its advantages. Men won't use you. Only pure men will hover.

As for weird guys, we all get them. We live in a corrupt society.

You know..i have to disagree with you. I don't go around looking for hot girls.
Their beauty bores the heck out of me. That shows..they ain't got nothing else but beauty. I rather have a normal lookin' girl and just chill..that's it.

Upvote 0

koban4max

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2005
✟3,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
winglovesall said:
I agree with you - Koban4max -

The hottest chick that you might find may not suit you. I don't go around looking for them -- even by force by my schoolmates -- no way!

I look further inside.

yea..i'm glad...

you see...I don't read inappropriate content...but if I had to choose between a hot girl with fakeness...i rather read inappropriate content.

Upvote 0

winglovesall

Apr 26, 2005
✟18,968.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I wouldn't say anything like this --

I think inappropriate contentography has been too attractive to men of this age. I think it's not really good! Advertisments -- example -- shows viewers what their opinion about certain things should be.

Not getting involved in that business!

God always has a plan for you and the right woman will emerge sometime, someday.

Upvote 0

koban4max

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2005
✟3,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
winglovesall said:
I wouldn't say anything like this --

I think inappropriate contentography has been too attractive to men of this age. I think it's not really good! Advertisments -- example -- shows viewers what their opinion about certain things should be.

Not getting involved in that business!

God always has a plan for you and the right woman will emerge sometime, someday.

amen my lil brother..

Upvote 0