Is there room for comedy in Christianity?

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,683.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
180260_10150875350737967_420905214_n.jpg

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh yeah, funny cat videos all over youtube are sooo hilarious. A few funny owls too, some funny dogs and horses. This I thought was funny when I heard it but it is no funny in real life, it is a bit dangerous though but it might save the life of a biting horse. This way You can teach a horse not to bite. I have tried it on three horses and it worked on two. First time You see it take a glow on each hand a big hot potato in the right hand if that is the hand the horse bites. Not too hot so it cause a burn but hot enough that it remember not to bite You. Have a bucket of water nearby so the horse can drink afterwards. Pull a thin glow over the potatohand and the same thin glow over the other glowhand. Go in to the horse. Make sure Your potatohand is near the mouth of the horse and halfopen. If You breath slow Your pulse is slow but if You get afraid Your pulse race and the horse might get afraid and bite Your potatohand. Usually it does not like hot potato and does not bite You again on a long time. It is better for the horse to get one hot potato than to get slaughtered. Horses that bite too often get slaughtered.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,683.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Oh yeah, funny cat videos all over youtube are sooo hilarious. A few funny owls too, some funny dogs and horses. This I thought was funny when I heard it but it is no funny in real life, it is a bit dangerous though but it might save the life of a biting horse. This way You can teach a horse not to bite. I have tried it on three horses and it worked on two. First time You see it take a glow on each hand a big hot potato in the right hand if that is the hand the horse bites. Not too hot so it cause a burn but hot enough that it remember not to bite You. Have a bucket of water nearby so the horse can drink afterwards. Pull a thin glow over the potatohand and the same thin glow over the other glowhand. Go in to the horse. Make sure Your potatohand is near the mouth of the horse and halfopen. If You breath slow Your pulse is slow but if You get afraid Your pulse race and the horse might get afraid and bite Your potatohand. Usually it does not like hot potato and does not bite You again on a long time. It is better for the horse to get one hot potato than to get slaughtered. Horses that bite too often get slaughtered.

That is good to know, thank you Rose :)

Reactions: charleeb
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟287,222.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Just curious -I recently deleted some of what I consider my funniest posts ever in a thread because my wife informed me that some people would take it seriously, and report it, but it got me thinking...

...Is there room for comedy in the spiritual or religious atmosphere? Or should all things be serious?

The Bible is full of humor and wordplay:

Irony and Wordplay in the Old Testament

Wordplay in the Old Testament - Bible Study With Randy

Focus On Humor in the Old Testament

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was with some Canadian friends and a friend from Poland in Sweden. We were driving over a bump in the street. The sign beside says Farthinder. My friends laught so hard and I did not understand. It simply means speedstopper. Don't know if this is clean enough but it is real Swedish in traffic and the folks from overthere have a mind of their own. I guess they thought Englishspeaking tourists were not allowed to fart on that bump. Period.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟562,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I was with some Canadian friends and a friend from Poland in Sweden. We were driving over a bump in the street. The sign beside says Farthinder. My friends laught so hard and I did not understand. It simply means speedstopper. Don't know if this is clean enough but it is real Swedish in traffic and the folks from overthere have a mind of their own. I guess they thought Englishspeaking tourists were not allowed to fart on that bump. Period.
I would totally laugh if I saw a sign like this:

farthinder.jpg

• Haha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟200,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just curious -I recently deleted some of what I consider my funniest posts ever in a thread because my wife informed me that some people would take it seriously, and report it, but it got me thinking...

...Is there room for comedy in the spiritual or religious atmosphere? Or should all things be serious?

Humor is good, Humor can be misread as Sacrism, so say what you wrote was met in humor.

Mark 14:51-52
And there followed him a certain young man, having a linen cloth cast about his naked body; and the young men laid hold on him: And he left the linen cloth, and fled from them naked.

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've heard there was a church by the highway with a big sign saying
If You want to hear the word of God turn left, if You want to meet Him face to face send a sms.

Unfortunatedly the truth is that caraccidents happen when people surf and send sms while driving and hold the phone in one hand and stear with another. It is the sad humour if one may say so, because it leaves people in grief. Still it is a warning. Some people do not know if they are to cry or laugh.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I know of a redheaded a bit hottempered old man that tried to teach some of His grandchildren to call Him Mufasa but He reminded me more of the Lionkings Father in the end but He was maybe not seeing that himself. He sure was no Mufasa.

Upvote 0