Is there anyone else better than Biden or Trump for President?

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Sure, there are probably lots of better people. But in this moment, this is what we have. Biden is the incumbent president, and the incumbent almost always gets to run for re-election if they want to. Trump is a whole phenomenon, the likes of which I haven't seen in my lifetime. And there we are. 4 years from now, we should have a wider array of choices, from both parties.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Sure, there are probably lots of better people. But in this moment, this is what we have. Biden is the incumbent president, and the incumbent almost always gets to run for re-election if they want to. Trump is a whole phenomenon, the likes of which I haven't seen in my lifetime. And there we are. 4 years from now, we should have a wider array of choices, from both parties.
You don't HAVE TO vote for Tweedle Dum or Tweedle Dee. You WANT TO vote for one of them to stop the other one. So we will get either one or the other. Unless Biden has a competency hearing and flunks it.

I never voted for Trump. Never voted for Hillary or Biden either. There ARE other candidates who would do our country better than either of those.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
You don't HAVE TO vote for Tweedle Dum or Tweedle Dee. You WANT TO vote for one of them to stop the other one. So we will get either one or the other. Unless Biden has a competency hearing and flunks it.

I never voted for Trump. Never voted for Hillary or Biden either. There ARE other candidates who would do our country better than either of those.
If there are better ones, maybe they should step forward - third party.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
If there are better ones, maybe they should step forward - third party.
Some already have, but they are invisible to you. The media will eventually give some of them 90 seconds of time and you will be expected to vote for Tweedle Dum or Tweedle Dee and be happy.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Some already have, but they are invisible to you. The media will eventually give some of them 90 seconds of time and you will be expected to vote for Tweedle Dum or Tweedle Dee and be happy.
Are they that invisible that even if you told me the names I would still would not see them? Name names....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Are they that invisible that even if you told me the names I would still would not see them? Name names....
Of course not! But the newsies are not incredibly invested in getting us out of our two party addiction.

Here is a semi-exhaustive list: Presidential candidates, 2024

Here is a more pared down list, maybe too pared down:

Here's who I'm likely to vote for:

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟962,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
There are likely a bunch of better people for the job. But they are smart enough, humble enough, and ethical enough to do something different with their lives than wade around in the cesspool of politics.

Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟675,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Of course not! But the newsies are not incredibly invested in getting us out of our two party addiction.

Here is a semi-exhaustive list: Presidential candidates, 2024
Of those listed I think I like Chuck Norris best. He's been able to stay healthy and strong at age 83, just by adding a few specific foods to his diet. :)

Upvote 0

sprknjc

John 15:13
Feb 3, 2024
Northern Virginia outer suburbs
✟6,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Everybody has different rankings of each candidate weighing personailty, getting things done for the people working with the legislature. their position stances on various issues, their experience and past record in politics and personally, and the importance of their faith or not depending on your view. Wikipedia is a great place to start, long detailed articles on each candidate, then also candidate campaign websites, plus other Google or like searches. Reading other political threads at christianforums.com can be helpful too.

Rank the candidates depending on what you value about each candidate on a grading scale fron 0 to 100 with 70 as a barely passing score. No human is perfect.

Will see after 14 state primaries on March 5 Super Tuesday whether Haley or Trump is ahead. Without Trump in one recent poll, the independent Robert Kennedy Jr has 18% of the vote.

As far my own personal rankings (those for many others will be quite different):

* Mike Pence 95, good luck finding any political dirt on him, but suspended campaign with little voter support.
* Ron DeSantis 90, some more voter support, but also suspended campaign.
* Nikki Haley 80 to 85.
* Robert Kennedy 75 to 80, need to research him more.
* Donald Trump currently 60, did vote for him in November 2020, but downhill from there.
* Biden around 45.
* Kamala Harris 25.
* Others have so little researched or so little voter support I have not scored.

Please don't shoot targets at my rankings, just an example, so many candidate factors what is important to me will carry different weights to those and other factors important to you.

For many, not all here into it, taking this to prayer can provide guidance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Some of the 'exotics' are just as bad as the two major party candidates I guess.
"Just as" bad?

I dunno....

-- A2SG, seems to me, even when compared to a convicted felon, Trump still comes up short...

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Republican primary voters are making their choice to not choose someone much better who stood up. They had some good options.
I think "good options" is debatable. But, most of those in the Republican primary are better than Trump. Perhaps Ramaswamy is ridiculous and Desantis has been a clown with his focus on anti covid protection measures and anti LGBTQ, and anti Disney, rather than real issues. but at least these two aren't on parole in several states and under 91 indictments. Hmm, maybe they are all better options that D Trump. All of them except Christie are too weak to criticise D Trump, all the rest were happy to run for second place.

But it seems a lot of Republican voters want someone that has indictments, given D Trump's standing went up as each indictment came through.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Biden is the sitting president and wants another term.
With Biden, you'd pretty much just get more of the same. Which isn't too bad. It seems USA's economy, unemployment stats, inflation, GDP etc are recovering quite well when compared with other countries.
He's not done anything illegal (OK, he did have classified documents on him), lots of investigation by the Republicans to try and impeach him, but they haven't found anything close to any substance.

He is getting old though. What will he be like in 4 years?

Ultimately though, if Republicans hold either the House or the Senate, then they will block pretty much everything, in the hopes that USA economy, border, alies etc get really bad, so that people might look to vote out the Dems and vote in the Republicans...

Upvote 0