Is there an organized system of persecution in the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
No

Go live in China, where going to church on a Sunday can get you jailed.

Or the Saudi Arabia where professing any religon apart from islam is a crime.

Christian in the US and the west in general dont realise how lucky they are

Upvote 0

Gareth

Jan 3, 2008
South Woodham Ferrers, Essex.
✟9,834.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
Marital Status
Single
I have seen several news articles in the past few months where Christians talk about being persecuted in the United States, apparently simple because they are Christian. Seeing this forum got me thinking about something, a perceptual question if you will.

Do you think there is systematic persecution of Christians in the United States today that targets people simply because they are Christian?

As I see it, Christians have it better in the US than in virtually any other Western country. We are a clear majority with massive voting power and, being the dominant culture, a very strong hand in determining this country's course through history. However, some people see them as oppressed and persecuted for some reason. I would like to know if these are isolated incidents or if it is systematic, and for what purpose. What do people have to gain from persecuting Christians in America?
What has to be remembered is that not all Christians are the same. As an example, although I am British, I know a little about the persecution of my own faith in other countries, including the USA.

What sometimes leads to persecution is Nationalism. "My Country, Right or Wrong." Nationalism is high in a lot of countries. Some Christians feel it is their right to defend their country from aggressors, where ever they may be. Other Christians feel it is right to be and remain neutral. So immediately there is a conflict. And when there are matters of National Security who does a Government look harshly at? The ones who are neutral. And then the other "Christians" who are pro-Nation hate them too. That is just one way. And see what kind of madness it creates. And that is going on in every country where there is a "War on Terror." But it won't grab headlines, it will be qiuet sniping in the supermarket, or "where is your flag?," or "why isn't your kid serving their country?"

Has the foregoing ever happened to you? How quickly the scene of this world can indeed, change.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
yes, in tulsa a lot.

if you say and live in the truth like Yeshua said do,
for instance "no longer an eye for an eye" rather "love your enemy"

then the politicos and the religiicos bite and snipe and pick and rail against you.

more are deserting now than ever before from the active,
and many high and low and in between are admitting the folly of the w and can see clearly and state so why it should not have been.

but, as it is written, the truth is published as a lie, and a lie is published as the truth. only a few will ever realize it before they die.

ps. the whole system is organized against the Master Yeshua and any who are martyrs in Him.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
yes, in tulsa a lot.

if you say and live in the truth like Yeshua said do,
for instance "no longer an eye for an eye" rather "love your enemy"

then the politicos and the religiicos bite and snipe and pick and rail against you.

more are deserting now than ever before from the active,
and many high and low and in between are admitting the folly of the w and can see clearly and state so why it should not have been.

but, as it is written, the truth is published as a lie, and a lie is published as the truth. only a few will ever realize it before they die.

ps. the whole system is organized against the Master Yeshua and any who are martyrs in Him.
There is no persecution against Christians in America. That's a simple fact of life.
Ringo

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
There is no persecution against Christians in America. That's a simple fact of life.
Ringo
Then why were two evangelists in mexico (which is part of america, right?) shot for preaching against alcohol,
and why was k.green assassinated for
publishing the chronicles (in america) ?
and why are pastors in new england arrested for
reading the Bible in public ?

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Then why were two evangelists in mexico (which is part of america, right?) shot for preaching against alcohol,
You're going to have to provide proof of all of that for me to believe it. I've heard too many phony claims of persecution to simply take someone's word for it.

Mexico is not a part of America. It's a separate country.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
thank you (don't nobody say nuttin ! :) :) :) )

RE:
quote:

Ringo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuaslavejeff

You're going to have to provide proof of all of that for me to believe it. I've heard too many phony claims of persecution to simply take someone's word for it.

Mexico is not a part of America. It's a separate country.
Ringo

end quote
It's not a part of the United States of America. It is a part of the North American continent, but it's not a part of the US. Therefore, your use of what's supposedly happening in Mexico as "US persecution" is invalid.

Now, if we're done trying to smear me as a fool, why don't you provide that proof of persecution? We're waiting.
Ringo

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Sources please

Upvote 0

Tacere

Mar 24, 2008
Visit site
✟8,095.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No.

I say with confidence that 99% of the claims of persecution of Christians within the US is complete BS. People are dying in China and other such countries for even believing in God, and American Christians, who are the wealthiest and most free Christians in the world (and arguably in history) continue to complain about persecution. No natural-born American Christians have ever experienced true persecution.

There is no organized system of persecution for Christians. What some Christians often call "persecution" is actually the acknowledgement that our country has the separation of church and state, which protects and ensures freedom of conscience, thus preventing any form of true persecution.
Ringo
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
And so here it is that this thread should have ended. But it didn't.

Some of you need to face it, Christians in the United States of America ARE NOT, and have NEVER BEEN, persecuted. Yes, there are some people who don't like us because we are Christians. But that is not persecution. If you think it is, please, wake up:
http://www.persecution.org/suffering/index.php

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.