Is the Sabbath everywhere on the seventh day of the week as it was in Eden?

Which is most correct?

• The first Sabbath was from morning to morning

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Israel remembers the first Sabbath at a different time

• From morning to evening is the half a day period God called day

• From evening to morning is the half a day period God called night

• From evening to evening in Israel is not a local day of the week

• All of the above

• Total voters

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Some people don't understand that God's covenants spells out the details of His requirements and judgments. Similar to auto insurance it specifies all the details of your coverage.
Question: Is keeping the law commanded in the new testament? YES, the law was in force until Jesus died.
Question: Is keeping the law required under the New Covenant?
From the lips of Jesus we're commanded to love God and to love our neighbors. He declared that love fulfills the law.
Jhn 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
Rom 13:8Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
Rom 13:10Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
Gal 5:14For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Jas 2:8
If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
1Jo 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

Question: Does no law means sinning is permitted?

Come, let us reason together

Last edited:
Upvote 0

guevaraj

an oil seller in the story of the ten virgins
Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Question: Does no law means sinning is permitted?
Happy Sabbath brothers and sisters! The ten commandments show our frequent sin; it is a sin not to remember the Sabbath that was part of the “righteousness” acts of our predecessors in Israel. It is not easy to remember the Sabbath, to keep it holy for Seventh-day Adventists in a world that prefers to give you Sunday off instead of Saturday; imagine how much more difficult it will be to explain the true Sabbath to our employers; needing Friday and Saturday throughout the world to remember the Sabbath, to keep it holy. This is our greatest test of faith in a world that opposes your faith to keep the commandments of Jesus. The wish to end the ten commandments comes from us by distorting Paul’s writings with the error of the “lawless”, clearly stated by Peter below:

But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells. So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him. Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction. Therefore, dear friends, since you have been forewarned, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of the lawless and fall from your secure position. But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen. (2 Peter 3:13-18 NIV)​

This is what Jesus plainly said about all His acts of "righteousness" commandments, in addition to the ten already written by His own finger before the incarnation:

If ye love me, keep my commandments. (John 14:15 KJV)​

Looking at the future coming of Jesus, the Scriptures confirm that the faithful followers of Jesus obey all the acts of “righteousness” commandments of Jesus, mentioned above.

Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. (Revelation 14:12 KJV)​

Jesus was whom Moses saw writing with His own finger the ten commandments, summarized below by a teacher of the law as the accepted acts of love for God and man, that Jesus confirms is the correct view of the ten commandments.

On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?” “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?” He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’” “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.” (Luke 10:25-28 NIV)​

That is why if you love as God demands, there is no law against your acts of “righteousness”, because the ten commandments are the accepted acts of love that our predecessors obeyed. In the new testament, Jesus added to these ten commandments to make our “righteousness” even greater than that of our predecessors by increasing our awareness of more accepted acts of love with added commandments that do not end the ten commandments that were the “righteousness” of our predecessors, but that adds to their acts of “righteousness” in those ten commandments so that our “righteousness” is even greater than theirs, as clearly shown below in two examples.

“You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘You shall not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’ But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’ is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell. (Matthew 5:21-22 NIV)​

In these two examples, above and below, Jesus is demanding more and not less than the ten commandments previously demanded from our predecessors, making our “righteousness” even greater than that of our predecessors and not as desired “by the error of the lawless” contradict the words of Jesus by eliminating the “righteousness” of our predecessors.

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell. (Matthew 5:27-30 NIV)​

Beginning with Paul’s more difficult words to understand, further pushed distortions of the below word "fulfill" contradict the message of the Scriptures. "fulfill" through the cross was our ability to return to obedience to the law by Jesus gaining forgiveness for our past sins, as with the sacrifices of animals that were a shadow of the coming of Jesus, so that we can again obey the law without our past interfering with our current obedience. Jesus come to end sin in us by obtaining forgiveness for our past sins and not to end the law that exposes sin, so that through Jesus' faster cycle of forgiveness compared to animal sacrifices, we can grow in obedience faster to greater “righteousness” than our predecessors.

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 5:17-20 NIV)​

United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟663,450.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Happy Sabbath brothers and sisters! The ten commandments show our frequent sin;
You have to be kidding. The nine morality commands are just the tip of the iceberg concerning sin. It is a sin not to love God, ourselves and our fellow man. The ten says absolutely nothing about love. the word is not used in the ten. The ten were about DUTY to God and to fellow man. If you cannot see this it is no wonder the wrong path you have taken.

it is a sin not to remember the Sabbath that was part of the “righteousness” acts of our predecessors in Israel.
It WAS a sin for Israel not to remember the Sabbath. It WAS given to them by God in Heaven. Our predecessors??? Are you a Jew by birth?

It is not easy to remember the Sabbath holy for Seventh-day Adventists in a world that prefers to give you Sunday off instead of Saturday; imagine how much more difficult it will be to explain the true Sabbath to our employers; needing Friday and Saturday throughout the world to remember the Sabbath, to keep it holy.
Your statement is a little disjointed Jorge. I would have sympathy for you if there really was a Sabbath requirement, but since Paul has so plainly written in his letters to the Gentile world that we are not under the laws of the old covenant I cannot shed tears for your fantasies. 2Cor3: 6-11
6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.

11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

This is our greatest test of faith in a world that opposes your faith to keep the commandments of Jesus. The wish to end the ten commandments comes from us by distorting Paul’s writings with the error of the “lawless”, clearly stated by Peter below:
16 And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day.

17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

This is our greatest test of faith in a world that opposes your faith to keep the commandments of Jesus. The wish to end the ten commandments comes from us by distorting Paul’s writings with the error of the “lawless”, clearly stated by Peter below:

But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells. So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him. Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction. Therefore, dear friends, since you have been forewarned, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of the lawless and fall from your secure position. But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen. (2 Peter 3:13-18 NIV)​
I submit to you that because of your preconceived ideas it is you that has distorted the writings of Paul. You have distorted that because Christians collectively worship our Savior on another day than you prescribe, we are lawless. You believe the new covenant is the same covenant give to Israel and that it really is not a new and better covenant with better promises. I contend that you are unequivocally wrong, wrong and wrong again. Paul agrees wholeheartedly with me. Paul and I agree with Jesus where He told us He came to fulfil the prophecies about Himself and to fulfil the law. He brought an end to the prophecies and the Law. Paul wrote: Gal 3:19 Why, then, was the law given at all? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come.

This is what Jesus plainly said about all His acts of "righteousness" commandments, in addition to the ten already written by His own finger before the incarnation:

Looking at the future coming of Jesus, the Scriptures confirm that the faithful followers of Jesus obey all the acts of “righteousness” commandments of Jesus, mentioned above.
Once again you revert to deceivery. "My commandments" are not the ten commandments. Jesus in verse 12 explains what His command is:10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12 My command is this: love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.

Why would you sacrifice the truth to defend the defunct Sabbath given only at Sinai and only to the Israelites?

Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. (Revelation 14:12 KJV)
Where is the meat? Where is the ten that you only presume should be in those verses?

Jesus was whom Moses saw writing with His own finger the ten commandments, summarized below by a teacher of the law as the accepted acts of love for God and man, that Jesus confirms is the correct view of the ten commandments.
The verse you just quoted tells us it was God who wrote the ten. Nothing indicates it was Jesus, Jesus didn't even exist. Get your story straight friend.

On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?” “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?” He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’” “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.” (Luke 10:25-28 NIV)​
Exactly Love.

That is why if you love as God demands, there is no law against your acts of “righteousness”, because the ten commandments are the accepted acts of love that our predecessors obeyed. In the new testament, Jesus added to these ten commandments to make our “righteousness” even greater than that of our predecessors by increasing our awareness of more accepted acts of love with added commandments that do not end the ten commandments that were the “righteousness” of our predecessors, but that adds to their acts of “righteousness” in those ten commandments so that our “righteousness” is even greater than theirs, as clearly shown below in two examples.
The ten commandments were not about love, they were about duty. The love commands came in Deut and Leviticus.

“You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘You shall not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’ But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’ is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell. (Matthew 5:21-22 NIV)​

In these two examples, above and below, Jesus is demanding more and not less than the ten commandments previously demanded from our predecessors, making our “righteousness” even greater than that of our predecessors and not as desired “by the error of the lawless” contradict the words of Jesus by eliminating the “righteousness” of our predecessors.

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell. (Matthew 5:27-30 NIV)​
What about the other three? Why didn't you comment on those? Because they were not part of the ten I suspect.

Beginning with Paul’s more difficult words to understand, further pushed distortions of the below word "fulfill" contradict the message of the Scriptures. "fulfill" through the cross was our ability to return to obedience to the law by Jesus gaining forgiveness for our past sins, as with the sacrifices of animals that were a shadow of the coming of Jesus, so that we can again obey the law without our past interfering with our current obedience. Jesus come to end sin in us by obtaining forgiveness for our past sins and not to end the law that exposes sin, so that through Jesus' faster cycle of forgiveness compared to animal sacrifices, we can grow in obedience faster to greater “righteousness” than our predecessors.
Bologna, I have explained the word fulfill and it fits nicely as bring to an end. That is exactly what Jesus did to the prophecies and the law.

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

See that in red? Jesus came and did everything He came to do.​
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Cribstyl
Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Bologna, I have explained the word fulfill and it fits nicely as bring to an end. That is exactly what Jesus did to the prophecies and the law.
Brother, written were the ten “righteousness” commandments for us and not for God to “fulfill” them. We “fulfill” the ten when we obey them and Jesus has won the way for us to “fulfill” the ten and much more “righteousness” than the ten required, by forgiving our past sins, made before with animal sacrifices, a shadow of the coming of Jesus. With Jesus' cycle of forgiveness faster than animal sacrifices, we can handle more “righteousness” commandments than the ten demanded before. Jesus has added to those ten without eliminating a period or comma from the ten before Jesus sacrificed himself on the cross for our past sins to allow us to "fulfill" all His commandments, including the previous ten “righteousness” commandments written by His own finger.

Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 5:17-20 NIV)​

Our obedience now with Jesus’ faster cycle of forgiveness than the animal sacrifices is more demanding than the ten “righteousness” commandments written by Jesus’ own finger before the incarnation as revealed below. The finger that Moses saw when writing the ten was not the finger of the Father, as Jesus revealed in the next passage, when everyone knew that Moses with the congregation heard the “voice” of God on the mountain and saw the "form" of the finger writing the ten “righteousness” commandments.

And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form, (John 5:37 NIV)​

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟663,450.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tell me Jorge, after reading the text below what has replaced the glorious ten commandments that are no longer glorious?
2Cor3:
6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant – not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

The greater glory of the new covenant
7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was, 8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? 9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness! 10 For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory. 11 And if what was transitory came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!

• Haha
Reactions: Andre_b
Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Happy Sabbath brothers and sisters! The ten commandments show our frequent sin; it is a sin not to remember the Sabbath that was part of the “righteousness” acts of our predecessors in Israel. It is not easy to remember the Sabbath, to keep it holy for Seventh-day Adventists in a world that prefers to give you Sunday off instead of Saturday; imagine how much more difficult it will be to explain the true Sabbath to our employers; needing Friday and Saturday throughout the world to remember the Sabbath, to keep it holy. This is our greatest test of faith in a world that opposes your faith to keep the commandments of Jesus. The wish to end the ten commandments comes from us by distorting Paul’s writings with the error of the “lawless”, clearly stated by Peter below:

Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. (Revelation 14:12 KJV)​

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 5:17-20 NIV)​

Wrong answer. Again the question was Does no law mean that sinning is permitted?
Answer: No, the wages of sin has always been death from Adam.

When God sent the flood in Noah's day, God did not reference breaking of the ten commandments. The word of God show us why God acted to destroy all flesh:
Gen 6:5 ¶ And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Gen 6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
Gen 6:7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

Gen 6:11 ¶The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.

Gen 6:12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
Gen 6:13 ¶And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

The narrative shows us that being created in the image of God has some responsibilities of making right choices.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Tell me Jorge, after reading the text below what has replaced the glorious ten commandments that are no longer glorious?
Happy Sabbath brothers and sisters. The problem in the passage is about where written are these ten commandments so that it would last? It is not the content in the ten commandments that were the problem as a minimalist glimpse at the glory of God's character “so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory”. What, in comparison, loses glory is not the ten commandments, but that written are they in “stone” compared to the greater lasting glory when written in the heart. A necessary transfer to "fulfill" a lasting “righteousness” that is not transitory as when written only in stone and not on the heart until after Jesus.

My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness. (Psalms 119:172 KJV)​

The History of Israel shows the ten commandments while written in “stone” did not last and brought condemnation to the nation, but when written in the “heart”, though scattered are we throughout the world, brings lasting “righteousness” that fulfills the law and does not fade as before. The Spirit writing the ten in the “heart” grows us to “fulfill” the law with lasting “righteousness” that does not fade as when only written in stone, “so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory” and have it last. To have it last after Jesus, the glory of the ten commandments are now written in the heart and no longer written only in stone, thanks to Jesus’ triumph at the cross.

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people. (Jeremiah 31:33 NIV)​

Next, revealed is how Jesus will put His ten commandments within us? The Holy Spirit “will remind you of everything” Jesus said before His incarnation, after having declared that the voice heard on the mountain and the finger whose form Moses saw writing the ten commandments were not of the Father, but were really the voice and form of Jesus before the incarnation, whose ten commandments the Holy Spirit reminds us of, if you do not reject His reminder with "the error of the lawless” to your destruction that Peter forewarned us is the end of those who embrace "the error of the lawless".

But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. (John 14:26 NIV)​

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟663,450.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Jorge, 2Cor 3 isn't mentioning or hinting that the ten are now written on our hearts. You are doing something that is not right. You are adding your own thoughts to what is written. The verses in question merely tells us we are not under the ten commandments. They are done away. KJV They were transitory, temporary. The Holy Spirit is now our guide. That is the theme of those verses. The ten ended when the new covenant took the place of the old one. Is that so hard to understand? Why do you continue to make up things to try to make it adhere to your preconceived idea that Christians are under the laws of the Mosaic covenant. The new covenant has its own laws. Scripture is so revealing of that fact yet you continue to wear blinders. If that is what you really want to do so be it. Just be sure I will continue to contradict you or anyone else that tries to change the real truth found on scripture.

• Haha
Reactions: Andre_b
Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The law is fulfilled by love.
The law is fulfilled by death.
No law does not mean no sin.

The law only labels sin and it's punishments'.

Gal 2:16

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Brother, written were the ten “righteousness” commandments for us and not for God to “fulfill” them. We “fulfill” the ten when we obey them and Jesus has won the way for us to “fulfill” the ten and much more “righteousness” than the ten required, by forgiving our past sins, made before with animal sacrifices, a shadow of the coming of Jesus. With Jesus' cycle of forgiveness faster than animal sacrifices, we can handle more “righteousness” commandments than the ten demanded before. Jesus has added to those ten without eliminating a period or comma from the ten before Jesus sacrificed himself on the cross for our past sins to allow us to "fulfill" all His commandments, including the previous ten “righteousness” commandments written by His own finger.

Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 5:17-20 NIV)​

Our obedience now with Jesus’ faster cycle of forgiveness than the animal sacrifices is more demanding than the ten “righteousness” commandments written by Jesus’ own finger before the incarnation as revealed below. The finger that Moses saw when writing the ten was not the finger of the Father, as Jesus revealed in the next passage, when everyone knew that Moses with the congregation heard the “voice” of God on the mountain and saw the "form" of the finger writing the ten “righteousness” commandments.

And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form, (John 5:37 NIV)​

I thought SDA believed that Adam kept Sabbath with God. (Seen Him and heard His voice)

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

I thought SDA believed that Adam kept Sabbath with God. (Seen Him and heard His voice)

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Israel remembers to keep the seventh-day Sabbath established in Eden holy by remembering the Sabbath in the time zone of Eden from evening to evening,

No Israel doesn't. Time zones are man made. YHWH gave us the signs we are to follow.

(CLV) Gn 1:14
And Elohim said: Let luminaries come to be in the atmosphere of the heavens to separate between the day and the night, that they may be for signs, for appointed seasons, for days and years.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
YHWH gave us the signs we are to follow.
Brother, happy Sabbath! God gave specific site signs to remember the Eden-Sabbath in Israel that is wrongly “assumed” to be a day of the week in Israel, clearly understood when considering the first day in Eden below. According to God’s use of the word "evening" in Leviticus, the words “evening” and “morning” confine the beginning and the ending of a half within two points: sunset and sunrise with a precise time that is not like the words: “day” and “night”, importantly defined in the previous sentence, but not used at the end of the first day. A half of darkness ended the first day that God called "night" from the first "evening" to the light again in the “morning” or a half from “evening” to “morning” of darkness, because the half of light came first on the first day of the creation week. What is important to notice is that "evening" to "evening" in Leviticus is not the same as "evening" to "morning" in Genesis. Between the evenings in Leviticus there is a "morning" used in Genesis that is not mentioned in Leviticus to confine the half period of the “night” that comes first in Israel’s Eden-Sabbath, but comes second in Genesis’ first day. You can't have an "evening" before there is light, the word translated as "evening" is the transition point from light to darkness that we tabulate as sunset time.

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day. (Genesis 1:3-5 NIV)​

Upvote 0