Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
in a multi-universe, everything happens just in an alternative universe. If true there is a universe where Satan triumphs over God. If true there is a universe where God destroys all men during the flood. If true there is a universe where Jesus never is born.

in a multi-universe is there anything universal (er... multi-universal)? God would have to transcend a multi-universe so he would have to be the constant but isn't the idea of a multi-universe about rejecting constants so isn't it incompatible with God?

Reactions: Dirk1540

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well, the way you described an alternative universe places God within confines of time and effect, instead Creator and Overseer of the universe(s). For an example, you said that Satan would defeat God (don't know how that would work) in an alternative universe, which would be saying that God is just another part of the creation in a particular universe (as well as two Gods and two Satans). If God created multi-universes, and stood outside of the created order, he wouldn't have to be an alternative at all in any world. His plans aren't dependent upon the creature. There is too much to begin to see the problems with this theory...

I just say that we don't need think about it, and that we should just leave it alone. It is unprofitable. We don't even know the origin of the angels and who they are, verily, because it wasn't necessary for God to explain to us. Whatever was written was written for our salvation, our encouragement, our comfort, and our joy in Christ. All these other things feed human speculation and distracts us from the real issues.

• Winner
Reactions: dms1972
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, the way you described an alternative universe places God within confines of time and effect, instead Creator and Overseer of the universe(s). For an example, you said that Satan would defeat God (don't know how that would work) in an alternative universe, which would be saying that God is just another part of the creation in a particular universe (as well as two Gods and two Satans). If God created multi-universes, and stood outside of the created order, he wouldn't have to be an alternative at all in any world. His plans aren't dependent upon the creature. There is too much to begin to see the problems with this theory...

I just say that we don't need think about it, and that we should just leave it alone. It is unprofitable. We don't even know the origin of the angels and who they are, verily, because it wasn't necessary for God to explain to us. Whatever was written was written for our salvation, our encouragement, our comfort, and our joy in Christ. All these other things feed human speculation and distracts us from the real issues.
if a multi-universe rejects the idea of constants it rejects God. My first paragraphs show what that looks like, the second perhaps is more about God outside the multi-universe. However inconsistent my examples may be can a true multi-universe proclaim God?

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
in a multi-universe, everything happens just in an alternative universe. If true there is a universe where Satan triumphs over God. If true there is a universe where God destroys all men during the flood. If true there is a universe where Jesus never is born.

in a multi-universe is there anything universal (er... multi-universal)? God would have to transcend a multi-universe so he would have to be the constant but isn't the idea of a multi-universe about rejecting constants so isn't it incompatible with God?
If the multiverse exists, there's no way of knowing how things might have played out in the parallel universes so speculation on our part isn't wise considering the amount of unknowns.

Still, I would regard the hypothetical existence of the multiverse as God exercising His creative potential and maximizing probabilities. It's not knowable what life is like in those other worlds and I certainly don't think we can know why God created them (if He did).

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

The multiverse exists on the basis of the original universe being fragmented, it basically communicates to me, the earth described in the bible is not the place I am living now.

The basis of it happening is the overuse of sorcery leading up to the middle ages causing fragmentation. Since God gave this creation to Adam, it remains consistent with that part of it, but what is problematic is

If there is only one me in God's view of the universe, then am I then judged based on what the other mes do in these other dimensions?

intriguing to say the least, in the end (whether delusion or reality) trusting God with what he will ultimately do ... does not change.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,922.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

The ancient Jews believe in multi-universe and their teachings about our God and Christ and their relation to multi-universes are sometimes inter-woven in context. This is reflected in the literary style in the Bible. You won't notice it unless having familiarity with concept of multi-universe.

Perhaps, they're not aware of it in the scientific context but their theology in connection to it, describes it fairly correctly.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There can only be one universe which contains all of space and time and their contents, including planets, stars, galaxies, and all other forms of matter and energy. If there is an alternate, then we are saying there is more than one God. God does not change.
Blessings

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The multiverse exists on the basis of the original universe being fragmented, it basically communicates to me, the earth described in the bible is not the place I am living now.

The basis of it happening is the overuse of sorcery leading up to the middle ages causing fragmentation. Since God gave this creation to Adam, it remains consistent with that part of it, but what is problematic is

If there is only one me in God's view of the universe, then am I then judged based on what the other mes do in these other dimensions?

intriguing to say the least, in the end (whether delusion or reality) trusting God with what he will ultimately do ... does not change.
so humans are responsible for the multi-universe?

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The ancient Jews believe in multi-universe and their teachings about our God and Christ and their relation to multi-universes are sometimes inter-woven in context. This is reflected in the literary style in the Bible. You won't notice it unless having familiarity with concept of multi-universe.

Perhaps, they're not aware of it in the scientific context but their theology in connection to it, describes it fairly correctly.
I'm intrigued... examples?

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
so humans are responsible for the multi-universe?
From what I can tell, as a basis, it's a fleshing out of all subconscious desires and their multiple probable scenarios. The only common nexus point is each person's soul, so any information on it is really just speculative.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

God creates and Satan corrupts that which is already made.
The two cannot change roles becasue one must be the creator and the other, the corruptor.
The roles cannot change.

Upvote 0

Dirk1540

Site Supporter
Sep 19, 2015
Jersey
✟778,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Possible other worlds are subject to rational thought experiments, but they are not subject to empirical study (our world, if it’s not the only one, enjoys both methods of analyzing).

But philosophically necessary existence, which is an eternally uncaused entity (God), must exist in ALL possible worlds. Or at least all possible worlds must come forth from necessary being/God. I’m still trying to get my head wrapped around two things, #1 how God ontologically ‘Connects’ with worlds, and #2 is it truly a meaningless question...is it so complex that you can’t even find a definitive line that divides worlds & God? I’m trying to understand why it would even matter if necessary being/God was all non-physical, or was part physical & part non-physical lol.

But I don’t see anywhere in the Bible where it assures us that no other worlds are allowed to exist.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,922.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm intrigued... examples?

If you're not seeing it in the Bible, it's because, you are not familiar enough with multiple universes.

Many has been my own hypothesis based on personal observation of nature, visions, revelations by the Spirit, and internet research. This can be a huge material so I'm not going to post them here when trying to keep things brief.

It parallels many Jewish myths (not found in the Bible) concerning the nature of heavenly beings. And of course, many clues left throughout the Bible "what you bind on Earth will be bound in heaven", "We will make a dwelling in you", "To live in Christ as Christ lives in us", "The Kingdom of God is governed by different laws", "Even the heavens will perish", "A day with God is like a thousand years", "

There's really more to it than just parallel universes.... They are every bit a part of our "reality", even the air you breath.

Nothing we know would exist if not for parallel universes. They actually form the foundation of our reality. The analogy to a software is they are the source codes which is in turn supported by other source codes like itself...

The foundational design of the structure is actually very very similar to Artificial Intelligence design - where the source codes can manifest both as driving logic and data at the same time and fully polymorphic just how parallel universes exist.

There, I probably said more than I need to... There's way way more to Christianity and Christ than most Christians would care to bother and prefer to deny the power of God. Don't let the world distract you. In fact, if you love anything in this world, the love of the Father does not exist in you - 1 John 2:15-17. You can't love both, you can't love one more and love one less either, doesn't work that way.

Upvote 0

Cement

Mar 24, 2018
Austin
✟55,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
You can't love both, you can't love one more and love one less either, doesn't work that way.

I wonder how many Christians actually love God this way. Must be a very small percentage. Everyone wants to get the most out of life and then confess everything but it never works out that way. Will there ever be a real spiritual awakening in our lifetimes?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dirk1540

Site Supporter
Sep 19, 2015
Jersey
✟778,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you're not seeing it in the Bible, it's because, you are not familiar enough with multiple universes.

Many has been my own hypothesis based on personal observation of nature, visions, revelations by the Spirit, and internet research. This can be a huge material so I'm not going to post them here when trying to keep things brief.

It parallels many Jewish myths (not found in the Bible) concerning the nature of heavenly beings. And of course, many clues left throughout the Bible "what you bind on Earth will be bound in heaven", "We will make a dwelling in you", "To live in Christ as Christ lives in us", "The Kingdom of God is governed by different laws", "Even the heavens will perish", "A day with God is like a thousand years", "

There's really more to it than just parallel universes.... They are every bit a part of our "reality", even the air you breath.

Nothing we know would exist if not for parallel universes. They actually form the foundation of our reality. The analogy to a software is they are the source codes which is in turn supported by other source codes like itself...

The foundational design of the structure is actually very very similar to Artificial Intelligence design - where the source codes can manifest both as driving logic and data at the same time and fully polymorphic just how parallel universes exist.

There, I probably said more than I need to... There's way way more to Christianity and Christ than most Christians would care to bother and prefer to deny the power of God. Don't let the world distract you. In fact, if you love anything in this world, the love of the Father does not exist in you - 1 John 2:15-17. You can't love both, you can't love one more and love one less either, doesn't work that way.
What do you mean when you say based on your observation of nature?

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Something else. One thing that got me thinking in this direction is Corpus Hypercubus by Salvador Dali.

Corpus Hypercubus.jpg

Here Dali shows Our Lord being crucified on a hypercube (eg, tesseract) rather than a conventional cross. That along with the fact that the hypercube is suspended in midair, I think, points to the transcendent power of Our Lord's sacrifice.

There's the obvious fact that His was a four dimensional sacrifice. Everybody who goes to Heaven all through time (past, present and future) owes their salvation back to this single, fixed moment in history.

But the chessboard raises more possibilities. The fact that it's a chessboard suggests that other pieces are (or have been) on the board. But only the King of kings remains.

There's also the fact that Our Lord is brightly lit (as might be expected for the Light of this world) but the hazy background suggests that other places are due to receive this light. A superficial interpretation of that might be that evangelists have to take the gospel to other parts of the world (as indeed happened in our history, obviously).

But that's not the only way of looking at it. The shadowy background suggests other realities/other worlds/other "universes" or whatever you want to call them have not received the gospel yet. And the background raises the pastoral challenge of who (or Who) is supposed to take the gospel to those planes of existence (if they exist). If they are reachable by human means (which I'm not at all convinced of, btw) then our missionary effort seems self-evident.

If it was anything else, I'd wonder that I was reading too much into it. But considering this is a work of art which invites analysis, I believe we're within our rights to question the implications of what Dali's work could be suggesting here.

Needless to say, I'm trying to keep an open mind.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,922.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I wonder how many Christians actually love God this way. Must be a very small percentage. Everyone wants to get the most out of life and then confess everything but it never works out that way. Will there ever be a real spiritual awakening in our lifetimes?

It's the only way. God and The World is playing on opposing teams.

The world is opposed to what is good - John 15:19, 1 John 2:15-17.

This is why you can't love both, nor love one more and love one less.

No one would say they love garbage a lot less than their stuff. Because useful things are of opposite nature than garbage. No one would say they love garbage (unless they're passionate about recycling but recycling is not the relevance of this analogy)

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,922.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
What do you mean when you say based on your observation of nature?

Observation of nature and events. Jesus is also a keen observer of nature (example with the ants).

Keep an open mind and you'll see. Don't think like the rest of the world with their false notion of "sanity" and reality.

The world is anti-God, anti-Christ. (John 15:19, 1 John 5:19) Do not be molded into its ways.

I'm not talking about portals opening, inter-dimensional travel... Never seen those things before, or at least what I could remember. I'm not discounting the possibility either.

But in other more subtle ways, the manifestations are observable. The most observable of them are the things that comes out of mouth. Things you speak of. Words do have power, often in things that isn't very obvious. Words can reach the other Universes. Think of the consequences of things you talk about.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

If a maximally great being (G-d) exists in any universe, then, because of the nature of a maximally great being, that being will exist in every universe.

Upvote 0