Visit site
✟83,577.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Universalism is the belief that everyone will be saved eventually.

Jesus says in Matthew 25:

46 "these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
Some will go to eternal punishment; others to eternal life.

Will everyone have eternal life?

No, John 5:

28 Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice 29and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment.
Is universalism true?

I doubt it. To be on the safe side for myself, I would not rely my salvation on it. To be on the safe side for others, I would not tell others that universalism is true.

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others

Jesus says in Matthew 25:

Some will go to eternal punishment; others to eternal life.

Will everyone have eternal life?

No, John 5:

Is universalism true?

I doubt it. To be on the safe side for myself, I would not rely my salvation on it. To be on the safe side for others, I would not tell others that universalism is true.
There are strong passages from both sides of Universalism that I think are very good. Some Scriptures clearly state that "all will be saved" while others clearly indicate the opposite, like what you have offered above. Personally, this is one of those doctrines that I can't quite figure out. As said, the Scriptures are so clear, but from both sides. So, until God shows me a way to make sense of it all, I will remain in a similar position as you. Universalism is probably not true . . . but I sure hope that it is. I really hope that it is.

Reactions: tonychanyt
Upvote 0

TahitiRun

Feb 18, 2023
Atlantic Coast
✟11,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Discussions regarding "universalism" usually overlook two important facts. Man (ie: soul) is both a physical and a spiritual being.

We have both a physical body with it's fleshly and carnal nature derived from the soil of the earth, and we also have a spiritual nature derived directly from the breath/spirit of God, as recorded in Gen 2:7.

We were all, and without exception, created "in Him" and "for Him" (Col 1:16) and we also "consist and are held together in Him" (Col 1:17).

Consequently, in the Christ:

1. All were crucified with Him according to the flesh,

and

2. All were justified with Him according to the spirit.

In the Christ, all of us are considered both "sheep" and "goat", "elect" and "reprobate", "blessed" and "cursed" with Him.

We are crucified with Christ according to the flesh (Rom 6:6, Gal 3:13, and Mat 25:41) and we are also elected and blessed with Christ according to the spirit (Gen 1:28, and Mat 25:34).

Christ is the elect one (Isa 42:1) and all are therefore elected and blessed in Him (Eph 1:4).

This dual nature/entity that we are made subject through creation in Christ is summarized by Paul, here:

Rom 8:20 for to vanity was the creation made subject—not of its will, but because of Him who did subject it —in hope,

Christ being our hope, here:

1Ti 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to a command of God our Saviour, and of the Lord Jesus Christ our hope,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TahitiRun

Feb 18, 2023
Atlantic Coast
✟11,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
It does not. I prefer to argue in a more precise and formal manner.
Well, you'll need to argue with someone else...lol That actually hurt my feelings BTW. I like to think of myself as precise and formal...lol

Reactions: tonychanyt
Upvote 0