Is the Earth Flat?

Degrees of Earth flatness:

• It's not flat. It's a giant, spinning spaceball.

Votes: 90 82.6%
  • It's flat, but all the other planets are giant, spinning spaceballs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's flat, and a dome surrounds it.

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • It's flat, a dome surrounds it, and the Earth is the center of the universe.

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • It's flat, domed, and planets/stars are actually illusions/objects in the dome.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • It's all of the above, and the government is covering it all up at the behest of Satan.

Votes: 8 7.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,167,262.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Rob Skiba... a very kind, thoughtful, soft spoken and gentle man.. also passed away from complications of COVID.
Sorry to hear that.
That man, covered all things controversial in Biblical theology and he did it with logic backed up by scripture and reinforced with many other historical text books and accepted articles of various media.

The true history of this world was surgically opened to all that would listen to him... AND accept his humble challenge of "Don't believe me... check it out for yourself".
I've shown why a couple of his videos were wrong. The one I particularly remember is his explanation of atmospheric refraction. His experiment was actually bending light the opposite direction to that caused by the pressure gradient of the atmosphere

Last edited:
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,167,262.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The shock, for me, is that in this day and age, we have extremely gullible people who actually think the earth is flat!!!
I don't think gullible is the right word. I'm not sure what is though.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Sorry to hear that.

I've shown why a couple of his videos were wrong. The one I particularly remember is his explanation of atmospheric refraction. His experiment was actually bending light the opposite direction to that caused by the pressure gradient of the atmosphere
Well, I'm sorry he's gone too.. And, I would have loved for you to debate him on this whole topic.

I didn't hold the same view as he did on a few things he held to be true.. That's the way it is with everyone.

Is it not "OK" anymore, to have a respect for someone, debate them, hold varying views, and still agree to disagree while still having the same respect?

Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟162,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Rob Skiba... a very kind, thoughtful, soft spoken and gentle man.. also passed away from complications of COVID.

That man, covered all things controversial in Biblical theology and he did it with logic backed up by scripture and reinforced with many other historical text books and accepted articles of various media.

The true history of this world was surgically opened to all that would listen to him... AND accept his humble challenge of "Don't believe me... check it out for yourself".

He also stated, many times.... Every FE believer started in the very same spot that everyone does.. with the belief "This is crazy, that's stupid, the earth is a ball, So.... we understand your shock at the mere thought of a Flat earth"
Amen. Rob was a genuine follower of Christ. If one goes through his YouTube videos comments, you will find so many who came to faith in Christ through Rob's flat earth views, which he had embraced in 2015, yet became a trailblazer of the same.

His website, Testing the Globe, is still up.

The Flat Earth Controversy From A Biblical Worldview

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Amen. Rob was a genuine follower of Christ. If one goes through his YouTube videos comments, you will find so many who came to faith in Christ through Rob's flat earth views, which he had embraced in 2015, yet became a trailblazer of the same.

His website, Testing the Globe, is still up.

The Flat Earth Controversy From A Biblical Worldview

I don't agree 100% with any man. Rob was no different, He was a man who held all of his views and beliefs to the consuming fire of the Bible. If it didn't fit the biblical test.. he tossed it out.. You really have to admire his work and his faith.

You will know a man's heart by his fruit. Rob was a man that was a thorn in the side of many who just wanted their ears tickled.

I love going back and watching his lectures and debates.

Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟162,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't agree 100% with any man. Rob was no different, He was a man who held all of his views and beliefs to the consuming fire of the Bible. If it didn't fit the biblical test.. he tossed it out.. You really have to admire his work and his faith.

You will know a man's heart by his fruit. Rob was a man that was a thorn in the side of many who just wanted their ears tickled.

I love going back and watching his lectures and debates.
I also don't agree with some of his views. We are not called to "Cookie cut Christianity" with a plastic smile to agree with everyone. We are to follow Christ. Interestingly, this thread has 31,000 views, yet CF calls it a conspiracy.

Rob was a catalyst and a man of God. He's left us a treasure trove of information. His background as one who once aspired to be an astronaut, military experience, technical skill as a movie producer, and insistence on not just believing him but taking the Berean road were key. I did take his advice and searched scriptures myself and concluded that there is heaven above us, a stationary earth, and an underworld below us... that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. [Phl 2:10-11 NIV]

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟952,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Also viruses, vaccines, idols, etc.
In the [USA] congress, we call that a "rider."

There are pro-vaxx organizations that reject specific vaccines.
They say
"Don't get that vaccine;
get this one, instead."​
You cannot (honestly) call that position anti-vaxx.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟293,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Interestingly, this thread has 31,000 views, yet CF calls it a conspiracy.

Now its been relocated to the pseudoscience section. Flat eartherism is an exercise in the incredulity of the geometrically challenged.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟293,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟293,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
In your mind perhaps

Nope. That's where any scientifically aware person would put every thread in this sub-forum. All pseudoscience. (This is the pseudoscience honey pot to keep that kind of junk off the main science forum.)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.