Is the Earth Flat?

Degrees of Earth flatness:

• It's not flat. It's a giant, spinning spaceball.

Votes: 90 82.6%
  • It's flat, but all the other planets are giant, spinning spaceballs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's flat, and a dome surrounds it.

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • It's flat, a dome surrounds it, and the Earth is the center of the universe.

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • It's flat, domed, and planets/stars are actually illusions/objects in the dome.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • It's all of the above, and the government is covering it all up at the behest of Satan.

Votes: 8 7.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Also, for some reason it's very antisemitic in that many believe the Jews are the ones behind it even though that makes no sense in any context.

Flat earthers think the the Jews are behind the ‘conspiracy’?

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,821.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, why would they fake a globe earth?

Exactly! That's quite the conspiriacy to keep going on for so many years with so many people. Impossible for everyone that's ever been involved to keep a lid on something so huge.

And yes, especially our enemies. Even back during the space wars where everyone was trying to get someone in space/on the moon. Why would they have let the US fake a landing?

And now North Korea who would probably love to blow the lid off something like this if it were true, for what purpose are they in on this as well? I'd love an answer to that as well.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Exactly! That's quite the conspiriacy to keep going on for so many years with so many people. Impossible for everyone that's ever been involved to keep a lid on something so huge.

And yes, especially our enemies. Even back during the space wars where everyone was trying to get someone in space/on the moon. Why would they have let the US fake a landing?

And now North Korea who would probably love to blow the lid off something like this if it were true, for what purpose are they in on this as well? I'd love an answer to that as well.
It is hard to convince people who have only ever known the "spherical earth model" and been inundated with it their entire life, to step outside that way of thinking.

However, there has never ever been an experiment that proves we are spinning or moving through space.
All the experiments that "prove" that we are a sphere of a determined size, also work on a flat circular earth with the sun and moon much smaller and closer.

Julie, you are a Christian. So, let me ask you this. Does the atheistic Darwinian satanic fable of evolution work on a flat snow globe earth?

In fact, if the earth is flat, and I'm not totally convinced, then evolution is dead.

If evolution is dead.. then the atheists have to figure out some other way that we got here.

Many "flat earthers" were once atheists. However, after, for whatever reason, they came to a belief in the flat earth model.. they then concluded that evolution is dead. This left them with the logical conclusion that the biblical narrative is true and they accepted that and eventually they accepted the gospel and Christ.

Let's face it. The bible never mentions a spinning ball earth rotating and orbiting the sun.

Instead it sits on firm pillars, and is the center of God's world. His footstool actually.

Look at Rob Skiba's model below. He derived this from his view of the "Biblical earth".

How can evolution survive if this is the truth?

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟246,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
In fact, if the earth is flat, and I'm not totally convinced, then evolution is dead.

Well, no. Evolution works just fine on any kind of shape of the Earth. It's a young Earth that evolution would have a problem with.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Well, no. Evolution works just fine on any kind of shape of the Earth. It's a young Earth that evolution would have a problem with.
Do tell how evolution works on a snow globe flat earth like this:

images

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟246,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Do tell how evolution works on a snow globe flat earth like this:

images

Why wouldn't it? Evolution is change in populations of organisms. You've got organisms, you've got mutations, you've got selections, presto, evolution. Whatever shape the world is in, you've got populations of organisms all over the place.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Why wouldn't it? Evolution is change in populations of organisms. You've got organisms, you've got mutations, you've got selections, presto, evolution. Whatever shape the world is in, you've got populations of organisms all over the place.
I don't even know where to begin.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I wish you'd begin somewhere, because I honestly have no idea why this would be a problem.
So, let's take a look at the evolutionary tale.... It takes place in a universe that has supposedly miraculously apperead from nothing and is all floating around in space. Then life forms..which evolutionists refuse to accept responsibility for.. they just begin a millisecond after life shows up...

Now. Let's look at the snow globe... kinda looks like someone built it. Doesn't fit the whole " an explosion happened and this little encapsulated ecosystem showed up. Nor does it fit any other random occurance.
This model must have a creator. This was built. This was planned.

Life was created and the biblical truth of creation fits quite well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,450.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Biblical truth of creation fits flat or globe earth.

Reality is that God's earth is a globe.

I dont believe in evolution myself. For me, God created everything with His word. He spoke, and it came into being.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟246,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
So, let's take a look at the evolutionary tale.... It takes place in a universe that has supposedly miraculously apperead from nothing and is all floating around in space. Then life forms..which evolutionists refuse to accept responsibility for.. they just begin a millisecond after life shows up...

Now. Let's look at the snow globe... kinda looks like someone built it. Doesn't fit the whole " an explosion happened and this little encapsulated ecosystem showed up. Nor does it fit any other random occurance.
This model must have a creator. This was built. This was planned.

Life was created and the biblical truth of creation fits quite well.

Okay, you've got your lame creationist strawman version of evolution going for you there. The one that doesn't actually exist in science. Whatever.

As far as the actual science of biologic evolution is concerned, God could create the first forms of life on a flat Earth, and the Theory of Evolution could work out just fine. It's all about the diversity of living organisms.

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,821.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is hard to convince people who have only ever known the "spherical earth model" and been inundated with it their entire life, to step outside that way of thinking.

But we're talking about how even enemies to the US believe in the globe earth as in North Korea recently proved with pics of the missile launches.

China who has long rivaled the US when it comes to space has landed a rovers on the moon and mars. If the earth was flat, that's quite the HUGE cover up involving many many people over the years. I just don't see how that's possible.

Julie, you are a Christian. So, let me ask you this. Does the atheistic Darwinian satanic fable of evolution work on a flat snow globe earth?

I don't believe in evolution regardless. Forget the science for a second. My point was merely about how every picture, person who has been to space, etc has shown that the earth is is a globe/not flat. We even have Jeff Bezos taking people up there now. (Hopefully he'll take a flat earther up there at some point) I just find it highly unlikely that if the earth was indeed flat, everyone in the last 50 years or so is in on this huge secret.

As for the bible, God created the "heavens" and the earth- and the "stars" also. I don't have a problem as a Christian believing in a globe earth.

A verse like this tells me that the earth is hanging in space. In fact, that only increases my beliefs in the bible and the fact that the earth is a sphere/globe.

Job 26:7 "He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.

Hangeth in the Hebrew -talah - to suspend, hang.

• Winner
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Okay, you've got your lame creationist strawman version of evolution going for you there. The one that doesn't actually exist in science. Whatever.

As far as the actual science of biologic evolution is concerned, God could create the first forms of life on a flat Earth, and the Theory of Evolution could work out just fine. It's all about the diversity of living organisms.
Ya, He could have.. But, that's not what He said.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
But we're talking about how even enemies to the US believe in the globe earth as in North Korea recently proved with pics of the missile launches.

You may want to check out the "Outer Space Treaty" on Wiki.
Here's a map:

350px-Outer_Space_Treaty_parties.svg.png

All the green areas are members.

If you think that the globe model doesn't benefit the entire scientific elite and the governments of all these... you are mistaken. Think One World Governenment.

Also, if you don't think that all the scientists of all the world discuss their space programs for the good of their field.. again, you would be wrong.

China who has long rivaled the US when it comes to space has landed a rovers on the moon and mars. If the earth was flat, that's quite the HUGE cover up involving many many people over the years. I just don't see how that's possible.

The mega elite and mega powerful know no borders. They need one common narative. That should be more apparent today than any other time in history.

I don't believe in evolution regardless. Forget the science for a second. My point was merely about how every picture, person who has been to space, etc has shown that the earth is is a globe/not flat. We even have Jeff Bezos taking people up there now. (Hopefully he'll take a flat earther up there at some point) I just find it highly unlikely that if the earth was indeed flat, everyone in the last 50 years or so is in on this huge secret.

As for the bible, God created the "heavens" and the earth- and the "stars" also. I don't have a problem as a Christian believing in a globe earth.

A verse like this tells me that the earth is hanging in space. In fact, that only increases my beliefs in the bible and the fact that the earth is a sphere/globe.

Job 26:7 "He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.

Hangeth in the Hebrew -talah - to suspend, hang.

I don't know if the earth is flat or a sphere..

I do know that whatever it is that they are telling us... it's wrong.

One simple thing keeps grinding at me...
It has been shown many times...

We....... see....... too.... far.
Things that should be impossible to see due to the curve of the earth. Which is 8 inches in a mile... (Just think about that. That's not a slow curve at all. 8 inches in every mile. That's 1666 feet in just 50 miles)

We can see things in that 50 miles that should be as impossible to see as a car driving over a hill... but... we see them....

That cannot be taken lightly and that can not be "refraction" all the time 24 / 7.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟246,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Ya, He could have.. But, that's not what He said.

Right. But that doesn't depend on the shape of the Earth either, does it? The Theory of Evolution doesn't jive with a literal interpretation of Genesis 1 at all.

If Genesis is literally true, then the Theory of Evolution is dead. If you're just talking about the Earth being flat, though, no, the Theory of Evolution can still work fine.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Right. But that doesn't depend on the shape of the Earth either, does it? The Theory of Evolution doesn't jive with a literal interpretation of Genesis 1 at all.

If Genesis is literally true, then the Theory of Evolution is dead. If you're just talking about the Earth being flat, though, no, the Theory of Evolution can still work fine.
Yes. On two accounts that prove my point.

1/ Evolution does not jive with the Bible. Especially Genesis. If the earth is Flat.. Genesis is still true while the big band is dead.
2/ If Genesis is true.. Evolution is dead... and the FE survives Genesis and Genesis survives FE.

If the atheist already dismisses the biblical account.. then the FE will only allow the "Theistic Evolutionist" who is not atheist.

Thus the FE destroys atheism.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,529.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
One simple thing keeps grinding at me...
It has been shown many times...

We....... see....... too.... far.
Things that should be impossible to see due to the curve of the earth. Which is 8 inches in a mile... (Just think about that. That's not a slow curve at all. 8 inches in every mile. That's 1666 feet in just 50 miles)

We can see things in that 50 miles that should be as impossible to see as a car driving over a hill... but... we see them....

That cannot be taken lightly and that can not be "refraction" all the time 24 / 7.
All you need to prove the earth's surface is curved is to use a water level when looking at the horizon from different elevations. If the earth is flat then the horizon will always appear at eye level on the horizontal, regardless of your elevation.
In reality, the higher you go, the further below eye level the horizon appears, which is exactly what you expect to see on a globe.

Refraction is always the cause of seeing further than you should be able to.

Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,450.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Any proof of a globe earth is scoffed at by flat earth believers. Its like showing someone that 2+2 = 4 yet they still dispute it. Its there in black and white but they just refuse to see it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.