Is the Earth flat or round???

MoneyGuy

May 27, 2007
✟48,923.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People who believe in the the flat earth carries a variety of beliefs, like the flat earth society believes that the earth is flat and moving through outer space.

The earth can not be photographed in one shot, it is to big and a person can not go high enough. that is why these photos you see of a globe earth are put together using several photos taken by a camera on a balloon. then stitched together to make a globe.

Take for example the ISS it is stated as being 250+ miles above. Now an commercial airplane is smaller that the iss, but not really bby that much airplane about 70 yards in size the iss 100,120 yards in size.

Now notice an airplane fly's 5,6,7 miles high and notice the size. Now really think the Iss that is not much larger than a plane, can be seen on the ground 200 miles higher than a plane. Do you really see how far the two are apart. There is no way that a person could see something that size that far away with their eyes the difference in distances are to great for that size.

Just watch an airplane fly over traveling at 500 mph, at 500 mph in 30 minutes the plane will be 250 miles away see if you can still see that plane after 30 minutes.

The Bible description is good enough for me, i do not have the complete picture, but at least the Bible has freed me from the lie of gov/science.
What about shots from the moon, which some people also believe never happened.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

That's the problem. The FE people will always say that there are no pictures of the globe earth, and will say without qualification that it's impossible to go into orbit because that's not possible with a domed, flat earth. Then when pictures are shown to them that show the earth from orbit, or from the moon, or any other departing vessels, they say they are fake because it's impossible to go into orbit or leave the earth. It's simply circular reasoning that revolves around their own belief.

• Agree
Reactions: Jadis40
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Nobody has been to the moon, the moon is a light just light the Bible states. and i am guessing 30,50,to100 miles across in size.

I recently purchased a p1000 and have taken some shots and video of the moon. I have notice that out of many of the circular marks on the moon light is being emitted from these areas. I do not know what the moon is made of, but light comes from its inner area.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Well, balloons and all the photographs also taken from satellites too, right? Such as the Japanese weather satellite Himawari: Japan Meteorological Agency | Satellite Imagery

You do realize that the only time we can see the ISS with the naked eye is under perfect conditions - at night - at certain locations - at certain times - due to the sunlight reflecting off of it. But you of course can't make anything out on it like you can an airplane due to its distance.

Can I see the ISS from the surface with the naked eye?

Well let's not forget that you can't see the ISS at all during the day like you can airplanes. I actually sat and watched an airplane just yesterday fly overhead way up high. I could make out the wings, even the engines on them with nothing but my own eyes. But the ISS? You can't see it at all during the day because it's too far up.

You mean you're reading it as you believe it should be interpreted. I hope you're not so arrogant as to actually believe you have the corner on correct Biblical interpretation and that your beliefs are not open or prone to error. If so, then wow, you'll certainly be remembered much longer than people like Augustine, Aquinas, Edwards, Luther, Athanasius, and others. In fact, if you're finally the first person since well, anyone, to truly be reading the text as it was meant to be read, would you please publish a book so that we can finally put to rest all the Biblical disagreements we have?
So this hurricane covers covers all of America and then some especially the second photo
Monster Hurricane Florence as seen from ISS

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Nobody has been to the moon, the moon is a light just light the Bible states. and i am guessing 30,50,to100 miles across in size.

I recently purchased a p1000 and have taken some shots and video of the moon. I have notice that out of many of the circular marks on the moon light is being emitted from these areas. I do not know what the moon is made of, but light comes from its inner area.
And your guess is based upon what exactly? What sort of mathematical education do you have to make such an estimate?

And can you please upload and provide the pictures for us to see as well? I'm sure if you could actually prove something like that it would go a long way. But I suspect we'll find your pictures show no such light source.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Moon with light emitting out of the circular impression on the moon.
DSCN0636.JPG

Star

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I checked the website that shows where the ISS is at that time and checked when it was supposed to be overhead and saw it. It was really cool.

Edit: someone posted a similar comment.
I am not saying that there in not something flying by over head.
I have also seen the object called the ISS actually i saw it the other night when i was out filming stars. What ever i saw was not 250+ miles high and after its light was cut off, i still watched it travel a while before it moved on. Also what ever the object is, it is not going 17,000 miles an hour. It is faster that a plane but no way near 17,000 miles an hr. maybe 1000+ a few.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
One more moon, notice the circular shape close to the unlit area. If the moon is reflecting the light of the sun why is this impression which is on the opposite side of where the light of sun would be at its brightest. why is that area really bright. It is because light is coming from inside (the moon) in that area.

Attachments

• DSCN0695.JPG
    DSCN0695.JPG
    245 KB · Views: 1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You mean you're reading it as you believe it should be interpreted. I hope you're not so arrogant as to actually believe you have the corner on correct Biblical interpretation and that your beliefs are not open or prone to error. If so, then wow, you'll certainly be remembered much longer than people like Augustine, Aquinas, Edwards, Luther, Athanasius, and others. In fact, if you're finally the first person since well, anyone, to truly be reading the text as it was meant to be read, would you please publish a book so that we can finally put to rest all the Biblical disagreements we have?
Here is Luther's thoughts on this.
“There is talk of a new astrologer who wants to prove that the earth moves and goes around instead of the sky, the sun, the moon, just as if somebody were moving in a carriage or ship might hold that he was sitting still and at rest while the earth and the trees walked and moved. But that is how things are nowadays: when a man wishes to be clever he must needs invent something special, and the way he does it must needs be the best! The fool wants to turn the whole art of astronomy upside-down. However, as Holy Scripture tells us, so did Joshua bid the sun to stand still and not the earth.” – Martin Luther.

“The Word of God must not be mocked. I am caught, cannot come out; the text is too powerful. Therefore I say: clean and clear, believe all or believe nothing!” – Martin Luther.

Upvote 0

Jadis40

Sep 19, 2004
Indiana, USA
✟47,145.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Here is Luther's thoughts on this.
“There is talk of a new astrologer who wants to prove that the earth moves and goes around instead of the sky, the sun, the moon, just as if somebody were moving in a carriage or ship might hold that he was sitting still and at rest while the earth and the trees walked and moved. But that is how things are nowadays: when a man wishes to be clever he must needs invent something special, and the way he does it must needs be the best! The fool wants to turn the whole art of astronomy upside-down. However, as Holy Scripture tells us, so did Joshua bid the sun to stand still and not the earth.” – Martin Luther.

“The Word of God must not be mocked. I am caught, cannot come out; the text is too powerful. Therefore I say: clean and clear, believe all or believe nothing!” – Martin Luther.

Except the idea of a heliocentric solar system (the reality) goes back to the Greeks - Aristarchus of Samos. Copernicus and Galileo followed in his footsteps. Kepler came up with the laws of planetary motion. I'm with them on this issue, instead of a flat earth enclosed in a dome that fits better into a fantasy world. A self-illuminating moon only 30, 50 or 100 miles across is also fantasy - the moon is 1738.1 km wide at the equator.

This is fantasy:

https://cdn-static.denofgeek.com/si...blic/2018/05/discworld_main.jpg?itok=OtL6BnFX

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Except the idea of a heliocentric solar system (the reality) goes back to the Greeks - Aristarchus of Samos. Copernicus and Galileo followed in his footsteps. Kepler came up with the laws of planetary motion. I'm with them on this issue, instead of a flat earth enclosed in a dome that fits better into a fantasy world. A self-illuminating moon only 30, 50 or 100 miles across is also fantasy - the moon is 1738.1 km wide at the equator.

This is fantasy:

https://cdn-static.denofgeek.com/si...blic/2018/05/discworld_main.jpg?itok=OtL6BnFX
kings Dethroned
https://www.amazon.com/King-Dethroned-History-Evolution-Astronomy-ebook/dp/B079GZGN91
https://www.google.com/search?q=king+dethroned&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I could not post a video (of a star) but i took a copy from one of the video's frames and have this photo. Also here is a photo of the moon with a cloud halo around the moon. So how do clouds form a perfect circle around a moon when the moon is susposed to be 230,000 miles away from earth.
DSCN0754.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN0723+.jpg
    DSCN0723+.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
One more moon, notice the circular shape close to the unlit area. If the moon is reflecting the light of the sun why is this impression which is on the opposite side of where the light of sun would be at its brightest. why is that area really bright. It is because light is coming from inside (the moon) in that area.

Why don't you ask about the darker parts of the moon? But no matter. Have you ever stopped to consider the fact that certain materials reflect light better than others, and that perhaps those brighter sections on the moon are areas that reflect light more readily?

Also, when looking closely at the moon's features, have you noticed along the area between the the illuminated and darker part that there are shadows being cast? That indicates an outside light source shining on the moon.

Seronik-06-10-13.jpg

image018.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I could not post a video (of a star) but i took a copy from one of the video's frames and have this photo. Also here is a photo of the moon with a cloud halo around the moon. So how do clouds form a perfect circle around a moon when the moon is susposed to be 230,000 miles away from earth.View attachment 243999

Clouds aren't forming a perfect circle around the moon. The light being reflected from the moon is shining through the clouds in our atmosphere uniformly and creating that halo effect. You'll see that the sun sometimes does the same thing when conditions are right.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The clouds f
Clouds aren't forming a perfect circle around the moon. The light being reflected from the moon is shining through the clouds in our atmosphere uniformly and creating that halo effect. You'll see that the sun sometimes does the same thing when conditions are right.
The clouds form a circle around the light of the moon. I did not mean that the clouds are around the moon they are not quite as high as the moon (if that is the way you read it). The clouds are close to the moon and its light though. This photo does not show but i have seen before all the clouds form a halo and there is clear sky (no clouds) between the cloud halo and the moon. I have not seen the sun do this but since the sun is also close to earth i do not see why that the clouds would also do this with the sun.

I will stand with my Bible supported statements about the sun, moon and stars and that they are local to the earth, to give light on the earth. That the moon is a created light. That stars are not suns, that there is one sun and this light moves over the flat earth daily (along with the moon and stars).

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Why don't you ask about the darker parts of the moon? But no matter. Have you ever stopped to consider the fact that certain materials reflect light better than others, and that perhaps those brighter sections on the moon are areas that reflect light more readily?

Also, when looking closely at the moon's features, have you noticed along the area between the the illuminated and darker part that there are shadows being cast? That indicates an outside light source shining on the moon.

The moon has different material in its composition you know this how.

Where is there a rule that states shadows always can only be from outside light sources.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Here is a question for a globe believer.

How does the workings of an airplane work on a spinning sphere.

Example it is said that the airplane flying with the direction of the rotation is able to go to its destination because the atmosphere carries the plane along with the rotation allowing the plane traveling at 500 mph to be able to go to a city that is moving along with the rotation of the earth at between 1000 to say 800 mph. How does a 500 mph plane catch, an 800 mph moving earth.

So what happens to the same atmosphere (that allows a plane flying 500 mph to go to a place moving away from the plane at 1000 mph) when the plane turns around and fly's back to where it came from .

Does the atmosphere that carried the plane along on the first part of the trip all of the sudden not exist so it does not work against the plane traveling against the rotation and also with a detestation now rotating toward the plane obviously the traveling time will be much shorter. please explain the working of the airplane on a rotating sphere.

Upvote 0