Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The question is not what is in the bible but rather what is not. There is nothing missing.

Its like trying to debate which came first, the chicken or the egg?

I still think that the table of contents in one's bible is not a part of the inspired holy scriptures.

Upvote 0

Souldier

Mar 30, 2015
✟2,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I still think that the table of contents in one's bible is not a part of the inspired holy scriptures.

I dont know brother.

James 1:19 So then,[a] my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath; 20 for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God.

21 Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.

22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; 24 for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. 25 But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.

26 If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one’s religion is useless. 27 Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟324,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The question is not what is in the bible but rather what is not. There is nothing missing.
Is this an infallible dogmatic statement? How do we know there's nothing missing if we can't say what's in it? Is the real presence in it or not? Is infant baptism in it or not? Is baptismal regeneration/the need for water baptism for salvation in it or not? Are we justified by faith alone or does man have any other obligation to God and man? Can you decree on any of these?

Upvote 0

Souldier

Mar 30, 2015
✟2,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is this an infallible dogmatic statement? How do we know there's nothing missing if we can't say what's in it? Is the real presence in it or not? Is infant baptism in it or not? Is baptismal regeneration/the need for water baptism for salvation in it or not? Are we justified by faith alone or does man have any other obligation to God and man? Can you decree on any of these?

I know what the Lord teaches me. We must all stand before the judgment seat of Christ and answer for ourselves.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟324,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I know what the Lord teaches me. We must all stand before the judgment seat of Christ and answer for ourselves.
True enough. I guess we'll find out then who had it right but we can know for sure He'll be kind and merciful in any case.

Upvote 0

Souldier

Mar 30, 2015
✟2,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
True enough. I guess we'll find out then who had it right but we can know for sure He'll be kind and merciful in any case.

Yes and He said blessed are the merciful, they will be shown mercy. So i guess, as im sure you would eagerly agree, that we too must be merciful, kind, gentle, meek. TO me this world seems like a burden. We all seem to have unanswered questions and we struggle to put on the gentleness that we ourselves want from the Lord. I guess thats why its called walking by faith not sight, and fighting the good fight of faith.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
And by that i mean that the bible isn't missing anything that we need to know.

Very true, Souldier. If we (any of us) say that the Bible is the word of God, is divine revelation, but we don't think God did a complete job of it or didn't get it right...what does that say about what we really think of the Holy Scriptures? And of our God?

This is what everyone should ask himself--do you believe revelation or not? If it's "yes," you can't also say "but it's not done" or "it's not enough."

Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0

ThatTrueLight

John 1:9
Feb 12, 2015
✟2,579.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Very true, Souldier. If we (any of us) say that the Bible is the word of God, is divine revelation, but we don't think God did a complete job of it or didn't get it right...what does that say about what we really think of the Holy Scriptures? And of our God?

This is what everyone should ask himself--do you believe revelation or not? If it's "yes," you can't also say "but it's not done" or "it's not enough."

Amen to that Brother!

Upvote 0

Souldier

Mar 30, 2015
✟2,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Yes. I believe its enough, more than enough.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Its like trying to debate which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Actually, the question is what dogmas do you believe are in the bible.

I know what dogmas I believe are in the bible. What dogmas do you believe are in the bible?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Souldier

Mar 30, 2015
✟2,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Actually, the question is what dogmas do you believe are in the bible.

I know what dogmas I believe are in the bible. What dogmas do you believe are in the bible?

27 Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟324,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Who said He didn't get it right? He can certainly reveal Himself in whatever way He pleases-and however many ways He chooses.
We believe in recorded and unrecorded revelation-Scripture and Tradition (both were unrecorded until after the fact, BTW). That completed God's public revelation once and for all. It would only be guess-work to presume otherwise, to second-guess His wisdom. Without the input of the church's lived tradition we get a wide variety of opinions and guess-work. Scripture isn't missing dogma but it's very easy for us to miss the dogma in Scripture. It wasn't intended to serve as a catechism.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ThatTrueLight

Feb 12, 2015
✟2,579.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These four simple words from our Savior:

This is my body (Matthew 26:26; Mark 14:22; Luke 22:19)

Dogmatic or not?

And what is the body of Christ?

The church of God.

Do you consume the church of God when you come together to remember the Lord in His death til He comes.. and is that what you all actually come together for in the first place?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

topcare

The Eucharist is Life
Apr 8, 2014
✟12,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Is it so hard to understand that in those verses (Matthew 26:26; Mark 14:22; Luke 22:19) Christ was talking about His real Body and not any group of believers. While you may not take Christ at His Word in these particular verses does not mean you have to be snarky to those of us who do

Upvote 0

ThatTrueLight

Feb 12, 2015
✟2,579.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is it so hard to understand that in those verses (Matthew 26:26; Mark 14:22; Luke 22:19) Christ was talking about His real Body and not any group of believers. While you may not take Christ at His Word in these particular verses does not mean you have to be snarky to those of us who do

I apologize if this offends Brother and I know that I can be the worst when it comes to trying to present scriptural truth in love, although please try to understand what it means to those who think of how insulting this is to the LORD.

One if His creatures (a man) is asking God to turn a piece of bread into Himself so that an assembly can consume it, pass it through their digestive tract, and then out their bowel, while being led to believe that it's God.

The bread is actually the body of Christ, the church of God and it is supposed to be leavened bread for that reason. We are that one bread and it's fellowship in remembering the LORD in His death til He comes. It's all about the BODY of Christ coming together to REMEMBER Him, not EAT Him.

This is going to be offensive because of its nature and that's understandable.. just try to be as understanding of a believer like myself who considers it an insult for ANY man to think that He is eating the LORD.. we certainly are FEASTING on His WORD because He is the WORD made flesh and the scriptures are God's testimony concerning His only begotten Son.. our Lord Jesus Christ.

Reactions: James Is Back
Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
27 Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.

That's great. That sums up the social doctrine of the Church. But my question to you was what dogmas are in the bible? Please be specific.

Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟275,302.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I am still looking for the verse where Jesus promised us a bible. In fact, is the word bible even in the bible?^_^

Upvote 0