• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Is rejection deserved?

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
However, the time to start is right now...and the first step is just accepting that you are who you are for a reason, even if you don't see that reason at this time. If you focus on what you don't like, your life will always be self-focused and selfish...and unhappy. If you recognize that you have something to give and set out to figure out what that is, you start to become a giving person and that is when you start to live.

This is true. If I think about my shortcomings, I'm depressed. If I think about what I can do for others, I'm happy.

One relative constantly called me stupid; another called me a loser. Those are depressing thoughts. God calls me His child. :heart:

The one who blesses others will be blessed.
Proverbs 11:25

I will bless you so you will be a blessing.
Genesis 12:2

Christian A Prayer.jpg

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
because he ordained my circumstances, he is sovereign

But he gave you speech and the ability to use your hands and feet. You can use those attributes to bless others.

He is indeed sovereign and blessed you in ways that can bless others!

A mum wrote this to her children:

Autism is okay.jpg

• Optimistic
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0