Is Paul addressing the elect in these passages?

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
His sheep hear his voice AND follow.

What if you stop following?

John 15:10 10If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commands and remain in his love.

His sheep follow Him.

Philippians 1:6
6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Philippians 2:13
13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Romans 8:28

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Jesus doesn't save and then condemn His sheep!

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
True Ann, there were some who did not reject the messiah.

The fact remains, that Israel crucified their own creator and Israel was grafted out of the olive tree.

God annulled the old covenant because Israel broke the rules.

The fig tree did not bear fruit and was severed.

Paul is telling you all about the reason for Israel's failure in Romans. If you interpret Romans as a narration for individual election, then you would be sadly mistaken.

I disagree with your views. BTW, my username is Phoebe Ann, not Ann. Thank you.

Upvote 0

K Watt

May 4, 2020
DFW
✟21,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Jesus’ command is to love one another. The Fathers commands are the Law. Which disobedience are you referring too? I am quite certain a Christian will keep the commands of Jesus, but may fail to keep the Law.

All of the commands of Jesus. He doesn't list any that don't count.

Feed the hungry, cloth the naked, visit prisoners, etc.

Upvote 0

K Watt

May 4, 2020
DFW
✟21,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Don't try to be a mind reader. Examine your own heart and motivation.

My motivation is to change your opinion. I think that was a fair question. If you feel I misrepresented your views please clarify. Do you believe that the warnings against breaking Jesus commandments and the warnings to endure apply to all the elect?

Upvote 0

Ilikecats

Dec 27, 2019
Alberta
✟57,244.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
All of the commands of Jesus. He doesn't list any that don't count.

Feed the hungry, cloth the naked, visit prisoners, etc.

I don’t think salvation is conditional on keeping those commands, but Christians led by the Holy spirit should be keeping Jesus’ commands. Why are you so concerned about falling away? If a Christian stumbles surely they will be helped up.

Upvote 0

K Watt

May 4, 2020
DFW
✟21,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don’t think salvation is conditional on keeping those commands, but Christians led by the Holy spirit should be keeping Jesus’ commands. Why are you so concerned about falling away? If a Christian stumbles surely they will be helped up.

John 15
10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commands and remain in his love.

6If anyone does not remain in Me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers. Such branches are gathered up, thrown into the fire, and burned.

Rom 2
6He will render to each one according to his works: 7to those who by patience in well-doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life;

Gal 6
7Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. 8For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.

James 2:24
You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.

I believe that we should work out our salvation with fear and trembling. We have hope in God's love and trust in his grace, but we shouldn't be complacent.

Upvote 0