Is Paul addressing the elect in these passages?

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Christians can sin without going to the point of actually "worshipping" a false god (Beast). If a Christian moves so far from God that he/she is worshipping something else, then they are hell pound.
I agree. I brought up the mark of the beast issue as those who cling to OSAS fail to see the logical extension of their belief extends to that particular scenario and presents a conundrum for them.

Upvote 0

Scott Husted

Apr 8, 2020
Virginia Beach
✟57,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1 Cor 10:12
So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall!

Romans 11
22Take notice, therefore, of the kindness and severity of God: severity to those who fell, but kindness to you, if you continue in His kindness. Otherwise you also will be cut off.

Gal 6
7Do not be deceived: God is not to be mocked. Whatever a man sows, he will reap in return. 8The one who sows to please his flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; but the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9Let us not grow weary in well-doing, for in due time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Sounds like he had some doubts of the stick-to-it-iveness to whom the letters were originally written to, which almost circumvents the words I will never leave you or for sake you.

Upvote 0

K Watt

May 4, 2020
DFW
✟21,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like he had some doubts of the stick-to-it-iveness to whom the letters were originally written to, which almost circumvents the words I will never leave you or for sake you.

Christ won't leave us, but he won't stop us from leaving him.

That's why he said only those who endure will be saved.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟803,026.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I agree. I brought up the mark of the beast issue as those who cling to OSAS fail to see the logical extension of their belief extends to that particular scenario and presents a conundrum for them.
There are many more verses, I would use Gal. 6:7-10

Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Cor 10:12
So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall!

Romans 11
22Take notice, therefore, of the kindness and severity of God: severity to those who fell, but kindness to you, if you continue in His kindness. Otherwise you also will be cut off.

Gal 6
7Do not be deceived: God is not to be mocked. Whatever a man sows, he will reap in return. 8The one who sows to please his flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; but the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9Let us not grow weary in well-doing, for in due time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
If you are Truly born again, you have experienced both God’s incredible Love and The Fear of The Lord. When God The Father called me just over 30 years ago, I was very excited. In fact, when Christ revealed Himself to me, it was the most exciting day of my life. God The Father Showed me His incredible Love. It was from that revelation that my own love was able to grow. I have prayed specifically to Christ to increase my love for The GodHead. He continues to answer that prayer.

Upvote 0

K Watt

May 4, 2020
DFW
✟21,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If you are Truly born again, you have experienced both God’s incredible Love and The Fear of The Lord. When God The Father called me just over 30 years ago, I was very excited. In fact, when Christ revealed Himself to me, it was the most exciting day of my life. God The Father Showed me His incredible Love. It was from that revelation that my own love was able to grow. I have prayed specifically to Christ to increase my love for The GodHead. He continues to answer that prayer.

That's good. It sounds like you are taking the bible's warnings to heart.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

K Watt

May 4, 2020
DFW
✟21,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well the good shepherd leaves the 99 sheep to find the one that wandered off. God Bless :)

Good point. However, he also tells us that we must bear fruit and endure to be saved.

He cuts off the vines that bear no fruit.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,339.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is not true. The Catholic Church is growing by about 10 million people per year. In Africa alone there are now 135 million Catholics.(about 1.2 billion worldwide)

There can be a 'Catholic' country where 100% of the population are considered 'Catholic' because they were baptized as babies. But Jesus talked in Matthew 7:13-14 of a small gate and a narrow path to life and only a few finding it.

Many of the 100% were never saved.

The broad road to destruction vs the narrow path to life.

God Bless :)

Upvote 0

K Watt

May 4, 2020
DFW
✟21,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There can be a 'Catholic' country where 100% of the population are considered 'Catholic' because they were baptized as babies. But Jesus talked in Matthew 7:13-14 of a small gate and a narrow path to life and only a few finding it.

Many of the 100% were never saved.

The broad road to destruction vs the narrow path to life.

God Bless :)

Catholics are only 1/5 of the earth's population.

You are among the 4/5 who reject the faith, so I don't think your argument holds up.

Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Amen! We all must be humble and examine our lives frequently.
All who are saved by Christ must go through all of the training outlined in God’s Word. The Word is like an owner’s manual for each of us. Christ was The Firstborn among many brethren. He was made of quick understanding in The Fear of The Lord as shown in Isaiah chapter 11 if memory serves. Christ was also broken to shivers. When born again Christians are converted, they must be changed. When Christ begins, He will not stop until the day we are finally redeemed. Consider that God doesn’t ever show off or give arrogant displays of His infinite Power. Few understand this. He is lowly and meek yet all Powerful.

Jas.2
  1. [19] Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Rev.2

1. [27] And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my

Isa.11

[1] And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:
    [2] And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe God would forgive us 70 x 7 times?

I do.
Yes, and hopefully he doesn't take that too literally.

forgiveness.jpg

Reactions: K Watt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ilikecats

Dec 27, 2019
Alberta
✟57,244.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes they do. They show that a Christian can fall away by disobedience.

John 15:10 10If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commands and remain in his love.
Jesus’ command is to love one another. The Fathers commands are the Law. Which disobedience are you referring too? I am quite certain a Christian will keep the commands of Jesus, but may fail to keep the Law.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
If you read chapter nine of Romans in the surrounding context, you will see what Paul is driving at.

Romans 10:21
But as for Israel He says, “All the day long I have stretched out My hands to a disobedient and obstinate people."

Too many folk ignore the context in the letter to the Romans.

Too many folk highlight a verse here and there in Romans and end up with all manner of interpretations.

Jesus was sent to the chosen nation, Israel. Israel rejected Jesus and their house was left to them desolate. But Israel was not destined to being hardened to the truth itself. Israel chose the works of the law for their righteousness and in doing this they were grafted out.

Chapter nine is not a tale about individual election. Rather chapter nine of Romans is a simple background narration, in the way God works through human history. To achieve His goal, the goal of the revelation of Jesus Christ. By Grace, through faith and not by the works of the law or merit.

Not ALL of Israel rejected the Messiah.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Jesus’ command is to love one another. The Fathers commands are the Law. Which disobedience are you referring too? I am quite certain a Christian will keep the commands of Jesus, but may fail to keep the Law.

They are in agreement. The Father sent His Son to save His sheep.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Not ALL of Israel rejected the Messiah.
True Ann, there were some who did not reject the messiah.

The fact remains, that Israel crucified their own creator and Israel was grafted out of the olive tree.

God annulled the old covenant because Israel broke the rules.

The fig tree did not bear fruit and was severed.

Paul is telling you all about the reason for Israel's failure in Romans. If you interpret Romans as a narration for individual election, then you would be sadly mistaken.

Upvote 0