Is Mormonism Considered Christian by the Forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseek21

Radical Biblicalist
Jan 30, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
EPHRIAM777 said this in Post #78

Eph says...

Katya....I'd be darn careful with ANYONE whos main thrust of their ministry deals with getting you to leave Mormonism because of thus and so teaching is wrong VS Jesus Christ...!

See Christians preach CHRIST period.!!

Ephe, these sites are by people who WERE FORMERLY MORMON.  They know that there is not truth in this group, and thus go and preach to them because they were once there themselves.

We don't debate Jesus is better because mormonism is wrong..or this is why Jesus is right and mormonism is wrong..or "compare Jesus and what he said to mormonism and decide for yourself..!

This is not what Concerned Christians and other such groups and sites do.  We don't debate what is "better", yet we do show people the truth of God's Word in comparason to Mormon doctrine.  We do not make up our own ideas of what LDS beliefs are, we show the verse, the book, the quote.  Then we show what God's Word says.  If the two do not line up, that is where the questions come in.

Jesus Christ and the message of the GOSPLE is what draws people to him..and THAT should be the main thrust of any ministry grounded in HIM...His word...and HIS message is more than enough to draw people to him..

Amen.

The message of Jesus Christ shouldn't be presented as a... "we got a better deal for ya than mormonism does" ...type pitch that those sites seem to hold out to people...!

The equasion isn't Jesus vs something else...It's JESUS OR nothing else...!

I'd hate to have someone leave mormonism and end up in a worse "belief system"..and end up being worse off than they ever were...!

It is by this quote that leads me to believe you did not really read these sites or possibly even visit them.  They do not do a, 'let's make a deal" kind of thing.  they simply give you God's word in comparason to latter day beliefs. 

how could the belief in Christ, God's Word, and Him be a "worse belief system".  It seems like you are under the impression we are trying to draw a person away from one cult into another.  If you woulod like to actually investigate this for yourself, read Judy Robertson's book, "Out of Mormonism", which can be purchased at any Christian bookstore.  It is a the account of Jim and Judy leaving the LDS church and becoming Christians.  how this is going from bad to worse is inconceivable!

Upvote 0

EPHRIAM777

A REAL NICE GUY..!
Dec 6, 2002
PHILLY
✟620.00
Job_38 said this in Post #81

Huh? There is no difference between Truth and Gods Truth or Biblical Truth. The Bible is Gods way of showing us this.

A non-Christian cannot know Truth. God must first reveal it to them.

Eph replies...

Job I must disagree with you..other people CAN know truth..!

Here's an example of what I'm trying to say...!

Job...the Tampa Bay Bucanneers won the Super Bowl right..??..They beat Oakland right..?

Do you have to be a Christian to know that is the truth....??

I say NO...anyone can know that truth..or things that are true...Fire is hot and burns you...someone who isn't a Christian can KNOW that truth...Thus your "blanket statement" is in error...!

Biblical Truths...are something that only GOD can allow you to have...Only God can allow you to KNOW the truth of his son Jesus Christ...! But Muslims know that Jesus lived..They know he truely was...They know WE believe he is the son of God...But ...THEY.... don't know him as the son of God..!

They can understand truth...( like the fire illustration I gave )...But they don't understand BIBLICAL Truth...see the difference yet..?

Airplanes can fly...THAT is true..and anyone can know that truth...!

NOT everyone can know Biblical truth...!

Hope I made my point a bit clearer here for you..!

:)

Upvote 0

EPHRIAM777

A REAL NICE GUY..!
Dec 6, 2002
PHILLY
✟620.00
jseek21 said this in Post #82

how could the belief in Christ, God's Word, and Him be a "worse belief system".  It seems like you are under the impression we are trying to draw a person away from one cult into another.  If you woulod like to actually investigate this for yourself, read Judy Robertson's book, "Out of Mormonism", which can be purchased at any Christian bookstore.  It is a the account of Jim and Judy leaving the LDS church and becoming Christians.  how this is going from bad to worse is inconceivable! [/B]

Eph replies...

Out of the frying pan and into the fire is not my idea of "good job well done"...!

So..no matter how many times they say Jesus..they must be held to the same standard as everyone else who is a Christian...!

We don't quote the Koran to people who are Muslims and go back and forth swapping scripture for scripture..do we..?

Why go back and forth with a Mormon then with their book of Mormon..? THATS what sticks out in my mind with these types...!

See I don't debate with people whether THEY don't have the correct "holy book"...I KNOW they don't and let em know it from the start....I'm upfront and honest with em...!

I also won't debate back and forth with a Hindu..or a Buddist..as if I must first prove them wrong..in order to be right...!

Jesus Christ and HIS Gosple....isn't "lets debate YOUR scriptures against mine"...and see if I can convince you or not that I'm right....!

Sorry...thats the way I see it...If they want to do it that way..??

I take care / caution... with those who do...!

Upvote 0

jseek21

Radical Biblicalist
Jan 30, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Today at 01:39 PM EPHRIAM777 said this in Post #84
Eph replies...

Out of the frying pan and into the fire is not my idea of "good job well done"...!

So..no matter how many times they say Jesus..they must be held to the same standard as everyone else who is a Christian...!

We don't quote the Koran to people who are Muslims and go back and forth swapping scripture for scripture..do we..?

Why go back and forth with a Mormon then with their book of Mormon..? THATS what sticks out in my mind with these types...!

See I don't debate with people whether THEY don't have the correct "holy book"...I KNOW they don't and let em know it from the start....I'm upfront and honest with em...!

I also won't debate back and forth with a Hindu..or a Buddist..as if I must first prove them wrong..in order to be right...!

Jesus Christ and HIS Gosple....isn't "lets debate YOUR scriptures against mine"...and see if I can convince you or not that I'm right....!

Sorry...thats the way I see it...If they want to do it that way..??

I take care / caution... with those who do...!

Ephe I would actually like it if you could join us sometime when we go witness with a LDS member.  While that obviously cannot heppen, it probally help you gain a greater perspective on our ministry.

If you have a chance go to http://www.peteweb.com/proschat/ and go into the chat room and as in there to speak with Dr. James White.  I'm sure he can help you understand what we do.  I am not meaning this as an insult or in a derogatory fashion, but I believe your ideas on this come out of ignorance on the subject.  You have never experienced this.  You have never been there.  You have not talked with these people or been out witnessing to them.  You have not sat in a room where someone was crying because they have just come to know Jesus Christ after following a cult for such a long time.  The wise man seeks knowledge on what he does not know.  If an issue is brought to me I immediately seek out to study it (i.e. the Darwin Fish instance, job knows what I'm talking about.  see my posts in "apologetics is becoming obsolete")

Ephe, we run, "sola scriptura."  When I witness to an LDS member we set down the ground rule:  The Bible is our final authority and we will use it as such.  While I have studied LDS literature and history I do not use that to witness to people.  it is God's Word that changes hearts, not LDS teachings! (Can I get an amen?)  I make it set from the begining to such people that the Bible is the only true Word of God.  I do not pull it over their heads.  I speak honestly!

Ephe, I don't know what kind of experiences you've had with people who teach in the way you are stating, but I can assure you that myself and the ministries I have worked alongside do not do this. 

In the most loving sense of the word, I think that your opinions of us come out of ignorance and misunderstanding.  Please seek out more information on us.  Then see if your opinion changes.  Even e-mail Jim Robertson from http://www.concernedchristians.org .

Upvote 0
My own view is that it is not what I would call a "Christian" church although some of the people in it may act in a christian manner.

I feel the basis of a christian church is direct links to the Christ and the apostles.

I did try to engage a couple of mormons on occasions and read some of their scripture but while it used old style terminology there was nothing in it that was of the historical Hebrew scriptures for me.

David

Upvote 0

EPHRIAM777

A REAL NICE GUY..!
Dec 6, 2002
PHILLY
✟620.00
jseek21 says

Ephe I would actually like it if you could join us sometime when we go witness with a LDS member.  While that obviously cannot heppen, it probally help you gain a greater perspective on our ministry.

Eph replies...

Thankz for the invite Jseek...but I'll have to decline the offer..!

I'm not called to play "scripture contests"...with people...!

Upvote 0

jseek21

Radical Biblicalist
Jan 30, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Today at 12:17 PM EPHRIAM777 said this in Post #88

jseek21 says

Eph replies...

Thankz for the invite Jseek...but I'll have to decline the offer..!

I'm not called to play "scripture contests"...with people...!

Did you READ what my post was (other than, of course, what you wanted to hear).  We do not engage in "scripture contests".  We show them God's Word.

It's absolutely no different than the way you would witness to a nonchristian, atheist, muslim, ect..

And if you think it's a "calling" for certain people, but that you are not one of those, why bash other people's calling?  I don't go to a teacher and say, "You're a bad teacher!"  I don't go to a servant and say, "You shouldn't be serving!"  I don't go to an administrator and say, "Administration is wrong!"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EPHRIAM777

A REAL NICE GUY..!
Dec 6, 2002
PHILLY
✟620.00
Job_38 said
Eph, whenever I say the Truth, this is not simply a state of being in the world. Learning from a great poet, when something like that stand capitalized it usually has a deeper meaning. Truth= God's Word. [/B]

Eph writes...

Hmm...I see you don't want to admit when your wrong on something..Thats not a quality I admire in people...! But I do understand it's the day and age we live in....

If you now want to discuss poetry...I'm not intrested .....at the moment...I am bound to the one who saved me to discuss HIM...!

Upvote 0

jseek21

Radical Biblicalist
Jan 30, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
ephe, Job just explained to you what he was saying by teaching you english (It's a class that most people take in high school and college) Nouns and verbs are some of the first concepts you would learn in such a class.

truth - noun, the body of real things, events, and facts (worldly definition)

Truth (note the capital) - noun, a transcendent fundamental or spiritual reality.

I've heard job abmit he's wrong many times. however many times he is right.

Job would like nothing more than to discuss Him, but it's kind of hard when the person he is discussing it with can't understand freshman english. I can see why Job has to use the poet example.

*jseek21 gets off his soapbox*

Aside from that, take the advice of an english major and do something I always do: read with a dictionary handy.

Those definitions given are readily found at www.m-w.com (merridian webster)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.