Is Mormonism Considered Christian by the Forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EPHRIAM777

A REAL NICE GUY..!
Dec 6, 2002
PHILLY
✟620.00
Originally posted by Zyon
When I'm around, I'm always no.1 :D

Both.

I was brought up to believe what I do for the past 26 years. It would take something really BIG for me to change my mind.

Eph replies...

I won't be the one to do that...I'm not sent to "change peoples minds"....I preach the truth of Jesus Christ...If the Holy Spirit doesn't move in to "change your mind" about things...

I sure can't...!

:pray: ( but I'm pullin for ya Zyon )...!

Upvote 0

EPHRIAM777

A REAL NICE GUY..!
Dec 6, 2002
PHILLY
✟620.00
Originally posted by Zyon [/i]
By the way, I forgot to add, I don't believe in a man having more than one wife. However, I DEFINATELY believe that a WOMAN should have as many husbands as she wants. :D

Eph replies...

Well thats where you and I part company...Joe Smith might have slung that around out in his fields in Utah....but I answer to Jesus..not ol Joe...!

Upvote 0

EPHRIAM777

A REAL NICE GUY..!
Dec 6, 2002
PHILLY
✟620.00
Originally posted by webboffin
If the scripture is not directly from the Holy Bible then I wouldn't consider it Christian

Eph says..

With such a profound statement..I'd have to ask you to clairfy WHICH "Holy Bible"...are you talking about..The KJV Bible or the Latin Volgate...Greek Orthodox Holy Bible..?? Might it be the Roman Cath Holy Bible..?

Or the Mormon Holy Bible..known as the Book or Mormon...?

Everybody has a "Holy Bible" version nowadays....Even the Moonies have theirs...!

On this Christian forum I find it's best to ask...!

( even though I get blasted by just about everybody for doing so )..

Upvote 0

jseek21

Radical Biblicalist
Jan 30, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Originally posted by EPHRIAM777

Eph wonders to himself..!

WOW....how long before "Christian people" like that tie people to the stake and light a match...!

Eph says

Sorry as a Christian I disagree wholeheartedly with what you wrote Jseek21..

Now if you don't like what this person wrote..just be honest and say so...Don't drag your personal "christian perspective" into it...and claim IT is all knowing of truth...Then claim another can't distinguish truth..!

You know not what you say...WHEN you say it..!

Wait, using that same logic if you just didn't like what I said why compare me to a murderer.  Don't claim that there is no absolutes as all knowing truth, then claim that I am just as those who kill others for their beliefs.  You know not what you say when you say it.

"You know not what you say...WHEN you say it..!"

I don't know if I should establish creditiblity.  I do not want to sound as if I am boasting, but I work with a group called The One Christian Ministries.  We work in the same way as such groups as Concerned Christians and Jim Robertson and Alpha and Omega Ministries and Dr. James White.  Other such ministries would be the Utah Lighthouse Ministries and Jerald Tanner.  I have studied LDS theology and doctrine, read records of the church, the Book of Mormon and Pearl of Great Price.  I have studied the early LDS leaders.  I have searched the LDS faith for truth.  This search lead to a dead end.

I am not dragging a personal perspective into it.  He was an admitted atheist.  The Bible says that those who do not know truth cannot discern truth.  I'm sorry but the purpose of this thread was as a Christian discussion (although the thoughts of LDS members on the subject are welcome.  You should be allowed to give a defense of your faith).  Not only did I not claim my perspective as all knowing, but I didn't even claim my perspective.  I had not told you what I believe, my statement of faith, who I am, what I do, or anything about me. 

I also would like to point out I have a lot of respect for Havoc for heeding my request.  Thank you Havoc, you have added to the order of these forums and proven yourself a creditable man for respecting others.  God bless!

As for you Ephriam, do not start crusades for those who do not ask for them.

Flawed logic brews flawed arguements.

Upvote 0

MizDoulos

<font color=6c2dc7><b>Justified by grace through f
Jan 1, 2002
The "Left Coast" of the USA
Visit site
✟22,176.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Before things start to get out of hand, do remember to contact each other privately for any personal disagreements. Do not post them publicly as they only serve to cause disharmony on the forums.

[noflame][/noflame]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EPHRIAM777

A REAL NICE GUY..!
Dec 6, 2002
PHILLY
✟620.00
Originally posted by jseek21
EPHERIAM, want something big?

http://www.concernedchristians.org

http://www.utlm.org/

Eph writes...

I see the need for those type sites...BUT my belief is if you lay 99 crooked sticks down on the ground ( Mormanism and all the other false religions )...and lay 1 straight one down...( Jesus Christ )...

People will be able to pick the striaght one every time..!

Upvote 0

EPHRIAM777

A REAL NICE GUY..!
Dec 6, 2002
PHILLY
✟620.00
&nbsp;

Jseek says..
Don't claim that there is no absolutes as all knowing truth

Eph writes...

What would bring you to write that..?? I didn't ever post that...because there ARE absolute truths..! But yours in THIS particular instance..isn't...!

Jseek writes

Flawed logic brews flawed arguements.

Eph replies...

NOW yer making sence again...!

Upvote 0

EPHRIAM777

A REAL NICE GUY..!
Dec 6, 2002
PHILLY
✟620.00
Originally posted by Job_38
Ephraim, our Holy Bible is Gods Word. He promised who would not let His Truth fade and I believe that. Pray you never fall into false belief.

Eph writes..

Now excuse me for being blunt....But I have no idea which "holy bible" you use...I do know there are Mormons floating around this area that have their version of a "holy bible"...

Thankz for the prayer...but according to Jesus Christ and his promises to me....thats not going to happen..!

So ya can rest easy on that one ALREADY being answered...long ago...!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Job_38

<font size="1"> In perfect orbit they have circled
Jul 24, 2002
✟2,013.00
Originally posted by Job_38
Ephraim, our Holy Bible is Gods Word. He promised who would not let His Truth fade and I believe that. Pray you never fall into false belief.

Eph writes..

Now excuse me for being blunt....But I have no idea which "holy bible" you use...I do know there are Mormons floating around this area that have their version of a "holy bible"...

Thankz for the prayer...but according to Jesus Christ and his promises to me....thats not going to happen..!

So ya can rest easy on that one ALREADY being answered...long ago...!

&nbsp;

&nbsp;I have a NKJV. I like the KJV due to the fact that it was more of a literal translation. But that does not discredit other translation, they must all be tested (1 John 4)

&nbsp;

Upvote 0

EPHRIAM777

A REAL NICE GUY..!
Dec 6, 2002
PHILLY
✟620.00
Originally posted by Katya
I have to say jseek21, that the first site is very interesting. I didn't know that they had a website dedicated to "help"mormons. Interesting to know that if I ever decided to leave, I know where to go.

Eph says...

Katya....I'd be darn careful with ANYONE whos main thrust of their ministry deals with getting you to leave Mormonism because of thus and so teaching is wrong VS Jesus Christ...!

See Christians preach CHRIST period.!!

We don't debate Jesus is better because mormonism is wrong..or this is why Jesus is right and mormonism is wrong..or "compare Jesus and what he said to mormonism and decide for yourself..!

Jesus Christ and the message of the GOSPLE is what draws people to him..and THAT should be the main thrust of any ministry grounded in HIM...His word...and HIS message is more than enough to draw people to him..

Jesus Christ and the Gosple is right and Mormonism is wrong..period..there is no debate..no comparing this to that...ect..ect...FOR EXAMPLE....We don't debate the Koran with Muslims and play "match the scriptures" with them or debate what Mohammad said verses what Jesus said..AS IF their words are on the same level with each other....!

NOR should we do that with Mormons..!

The message of Jesus Christ shouldn't be presented as a... "we got a better deal for ya than mormonism does" ...type pitch that those sites seem to hold out to people...!

The equasion isn't Jesus vs something else...It's JESUS OR nothing else...!

I'd hate to have someone leave mormonism and end up in a worse "belief system"..and end up being worse off than they ever were...!

Upvote 0

EPHRIAM777

A REAL NICE GUY..!
Dec 6, 2002
PHILLY
✟620.00
Originally posted by Job_38 [/i]

&nbsp;I have a NKJV. I like the KJV due to the fact that it was more of a literal translation. But that does not discredit other translation, they must all be tested (1 John 4)

Eph says...

Well I use the KJV..annd thats it...no "plus the book of mormon"...THATS what most mormons would say..They all claim to use the KJ..but then like to go off and discuss the book of Mormon as "another better translation / revelation of Jesus..!

That type of slick delivery is what ropes in most younger unsuspecting people...PLUS they send it all to you by mail for free...!

Kinda like asking for DEATH by US Mail..

so what made you say that lil prayer to for me..? ( I kinda took it as a back hand ya know )..??

:scratch:

Upvote 0

EPHRIAM777

A REAL NICE GUY..!
Dec 6, 2002
PHILLY
✟620.00
Rephrase...

Havoc this forum may be OPEN DISCUSSION AND DEBATE however this thread is open only to Christians because """""a nonchristian cannot have a say in what is truth and what is not because they do not know truth in the first place. """""" You cannot distinguish that which you have not seen.

End of discussion.

Eph wonders to himself..!

WOW....how long before "Christian people" like that tie people to the stake and light a match...!

Eph says

Sorry as a Christian I disagree wholeheartedly with what you wrote Jseek21..

Now if you don't like what this person wrote..just be honest and say so...Don't drag your personal "christian perspective" into it...and claim IT is all knowing of truth...Then claim another can't distinguish truth..!

You know not what you say...WHEN you say it..!

NOW EPH WRITES...

This would probably be the post in question that brought my friend MIZ to the thread...MY guess would be JSEEK was a bit disturbed by this post..so a quick report of evilness was made about it..and MIZ showed up to make sure all is going well...!

Now MY idea here was to show JSEEK that BIBLICAL TRUTH...and TRUTH in general are NOT the same thing...people who aren't Christian can have TRUTH and know it......What they don't have is Biblical discernment of God's word..IE they can't understand Gods truth..JSEEK failed to distinguish that in his response to Havoc....!

Because those 2 things aren't the SAME..and since Jseek just kinda blew that other person off when challenged by saying a NON Christian can't know truth....Jseek was in error to Do that...

IF your gonna blow someone off that raises a point you can't answer..don't just say "you can't know truth"...to prove your right...!

If you can't answer be honest and say so...don't bring up the fact a person may or may not be a christian..and then claim your right because they can't know truth..( judging a person to not be a Christian THAT way is wrong BTW but thats another thread )...!

In all fairness to his person "Havoc"...I knowing Jseek was wrong to say what they did.....I attempted to point it out to him...So hopefully Jseek could RE think his position on whether it was BIBLICAL TRUTH..or just plain TRUTH and the ability of other non Christians to know it...!

I may be wrong..but I think the point I was trying to make went right over Jseeks head....and appeared to be taken by him as some kind of insult...thus MIZ arriving on the scene...!

I must make a mental note to remember to FIRST check the ages of the posters I correspond with from now on....!

:clap:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.