Josephus

<b>Co-Founder Christian Forums</b>
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2000
Kerbal Space Center
✟150,343.00
Faith
Messianic
How many dead bodies did Jesus touch. How many people did He raise? How many lepers, sick people, women with issue of blood did He heal. How many of these unclean people touched Him. Jesus was probably "unclean" most of His public ministry.

At this point we're a bit off topic from the OP. :) I'll help by saying concerning the status of Jesus being clean or unclean for purpose of entering the Temple grounds, there is no indication that he himself went through purification required to do so, so either it's not mentioned, or literally he had Torah-backed justification for not being considered unclean in these circumstances - and based on my understanding of Torah at this point, this is what I hold, but explaining it would skew this convo into an unrelated direction.

For the love of your fellow brothers in Christ, please don't post that it's ok for them to engage in spilling their seed. If it's not a sin, then encouraging people to do it doesn't give you a reward. But if it is a sin, then encouraging people to do it will carry grave consequences for you. Run with that.

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
At this point we're a bit off topic from the OP. :) I'll help by saying concerning the status of Jesus being clean or unclean for purpose of entering the Temple grounds, there is no indication that he himself went through purification required to do so, so either it's not mentioned, or literally he had Torah-backed justification for not being considered unclean in these circumstances - and based on my understanding of Torah at this point, this is what I hold, but explaining it would skew this convo into an unrelated direction.

For the love of your fellow brothers in Christ, please don't post that it's ok for them to engage in spilling their seed. If it's not a sin, then encouraging people to do it doesn't give you a reward. But if it is a sin, then encouraging people to do it will carry grave consequences for you. Run with that.
I think it is a sin not to say on this thread what I believe to be reasonable and that could make the difference for a lurker who is confused.

Masturbation is not sinful. Nearly everyone does it. Most who say they don't are lying.

• Winner
Reactions: A Realist
Upvote 0

Josephus

<b>Co-Founder Christian Forums</b>
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2000
Kerbal Space Center
✟150,343.00
Faith
Messianic
I think it is a sin not to say on this thread what I believe to be reasonable and that could make the difference for a lurker who is confused.

Masturbation is not sinful. Nearly everyone does it. Most who say they don't are lying.

"Nearly everyone does it" is not a justification for anything. Spilling seed makes one liable to death by the court of Heaven according to Gen 38. It's not a sin to not tell someone to do an activity that others believe carry a death penalty. In fact, if such is a stumbling block to those who believe it's wrong, then saying it's right to do is effectively throwing out the greatest stumbling block imaginable. Do you want to be responsible for that?

Those that oppose seeing this as wrong from the Torah are those that are most likely to say that it's not a problem. Like any other addiction. Furthermore, one of the spiritual consequences for this sin is to diminish one's ability to understand things from the Torah. Just like drugs do the physical brain, so does spilling seed prevent one from understanding scripture. So it's pity I have, not condescension for those caught in it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.