Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
The scriptures don't mention it. Hence the assumption is none since if he's sinless, he could never have spilled seed. Ask Him.

I did. He answered me - in several Bible passages. He answered me.

He had a body incarnated in the same likeness as Adam. Tempted in all manner as we are; sin excepted. "Spilling seed" is a natural biological process. I'm sure there was more than one night in Jesus's life He woke up having messed His clothing. He may have even provoked this to happen intentionally.

He had an awful lot of knowledge on how things functioned. Where'd He get that knowledge from?

There's an interesting verse in Luke 13:32 that I discovered the meaning of a particular word rather by accident; just because I wanted to know what it meant.

A pharisee comes to Jesus and tells him to leave the temple because Herod is seeking to kill Him. Jesus responds:

"And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I shall be perfected."

(Historically this is the Monday before the crucifixion.)

I looked up the word "perfected" because I was curious what it meant. (How is He "perfected" Tuesday when He leaves the temple?) As it turns out; it means something other than what I'd ever expected.

It's sometimes translated "end of" meaning end of an event. It's commonly used in context of "consummation" and is described in Greek as like unto a ship's captain extending a telescope to its maximum strength. (It's "end" - if you will) Yet being a word who's actual implication is "consummation"; the "object" extended to it's "end" is not a telescope.

Now in context Jesus is talking about completing His preaching; yet if you were to translate this via intent of its Greek word. Jesus is saying "Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I shall come to my climax."

LOL - now there are other Greek words available to say "I come to my completion / end" of something; but He doesn't use those words. He's "perfected", "consummated", "fully extended", "finished", "climaxed" and being a bit graphic in the message intended to be relayed to Herod.

Now you could reasonably ask assuming He's "never spilled seed" - how does He know "the mechanics"?

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm
Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟145,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
So essentially you're saying that it's akin to eating a tasty meal? Not sinful in itself, but actually a good thing if we say, "Thank God for this"?

What makes you say that we are given marriage/sexuality for this purpose (thanksgiving) as opposed to the purpose of satisfying our burning passions, becoming one flesh with another, and bearing children?

Also are you saying that you think Jesus masturbated and orgasmed at his resurrection?

"What you think as evil; God meant as good." - also that's not what this is referring to

If we are to do all to the glory of God - is the point of sex only to satisfy our burning passions, become one flesh with another and bear children? Where does God fit into that, if He's our be all and end all?

Did being raised from the dead cause Jesus to have an [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]. I think it's not only likely; but even probable. Did He touch to that end? No - He wouldn't have had to!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AMM

A Beggar
Site Supporter
May 2, 2017
Virginia
✟329,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
If we are to do all to the glory of God - is the point of sex only to satisfy our burning passions, become one flesh with another and bear children? Where does God fit into that, if He's our be all and end all?

Did being raised from the dead cause Jesus to have an [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]. I think it's not only likely but even probable. Did He touch to that end? No - He wouldn't have had to!
It seems to fit in with Genesis 2:24, 1 Corinthians 7:9, and Ephesians 5

do you think Chirst masturbated on other occasions?

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,019,924.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Absolutely wrong to think of or even ask!!!

• Optimistic
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

Josephus

<b>Co-Founder Christian Forums</b>
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2000
Kerbal Space Center
✟150,343.00
Faith
Messianic
I did. He answered me - in several Bible passages. He answered me.

He had a body incarnated in the same likeness as Adam. Tempted in all manner as we are; sin excepted. "Spilling seed" is a natural biological process. I'm sure there was more than one night in Jesus's life He woke up having messed His clothing. He may have even provoked this to happen intentionally.

He had an awful lot of knowledge on how things functioned. Where'd He get that knowledge from?

There's an interesting verse in Luke 13:32 that I discovered the meaning of a particular word rather by accident; just because I wanted to know what it meant.

A pharisee comes to Jesus and tells him to leave the temple because Herod is seeking to kill Him. Jesus responds:

"And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I shall be perfected."

(Historically this is the Monday before the crucifixion.)

I looked up the word "perfected" because I was curious what it meant. (How is He "perfected" Tuesday when He leaves the temple?) As it turns out; it means something other than what I'd ever expected.

It's sometimes translated "end of" meaning end of an event. It's commonly used in context of "consummation" and is described in Greek as like unto a ship's captain extending a telescope to its maximum strength. (It's "end" - if you will) Yet being a word who's actual implication is "consummation"; the "object" extended to it's "end" is not a telescope.

Now in context Jesus is talking about completing His preaching; yet if you were to translate this via intent of its Greek word. Jesus is saying "Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I shall come to my climax."

LOL - now there are other Greek words available to say "I come to my completion / end" of something; but He doesn't use those words. He's "perfected", "consummated", "fully extended", "finished", "climaxed" and being a bit graphic in the message intended to be relayed to Herod.

Now you could reasonably ask assuming He's "never spilled seed" - how does He know "the mechanics"?

How does he know the mechanics? Because he's the Word of G-d made flesh, and in the Word of G-d it is written that Onan died "also" like Er, for the same thing that carries a liability to death by the hand of Heaven: that of spilling their seed. This is universally understood in Judaism.

Teleos refers to the goal of something. Elsewhere the same word is used "and Christ is the teleos of the law..." Now if you want to impose some sort of sexual bodily fluid to that concept based on the modern 20th century street idea of "climax" that's just weird. I'll keep my Torah, thank you.

Upvote 0

AMM

A Beggar
Site Supporter
May 2, 2017
Virginia
✟329,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Absolutely wrong to think of or even ask!!!
I don't know if it's wrong to ask any question... but I agree that I'm not a fan of this belief; it just seemed like what the Rightrezpen was saying so I wanted to double check instead of assume

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Torah lays out the logic. It's quite clear. It's not an assumption. It's a logical conclusion based on deduction.
The Torah uses a different type of logic instead of deduction and induction. It is called "adduction." AKA Hebrew Block Logic.

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟145,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

Psalm 139:
15. Never was anything hidden of (denied) of (the way my) physical body (was made) than (coming from) You, by which I was made in secret, perfectly woven in the lowest lands of the earth.

Now, what the first half of this verse is telling us is that any questions or life issues that Jesus had, he was not denied the choice to explore. Now if he had a desire to find out what sex felt like, he was free to do so; yet only within the confines of what the law prescribed was appropriate to his life circumstances. So since there is no injunction against self stimulation, if he had an inclination to do so; there was no reason not to.

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟145,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
How does he know the mechanics? Because he's the Word of G-d made flesh, and in the Word of G-d it is written that Onan died "also" like Er, for the same thing that carries a liability to death by the hand of Heaven: that of spilling their seed. This is universally understood in Judaism.

Teleos refers to the goal of something. Elsewhere the same word is used "and Christ is the teleos of the law..." Now if you want to impose some sort of sexual bodily fluid to that concept based on the modern 20th century street idea of "climax" that's just weird. I'll keep my Torah, thank you.

I think your interoperation of the Torah is skewed.

I'm pretty confident in nearly 40 years of life; Jesus Christ figured out what sex was.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Josephus

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2000
Kerbal Space Center
✟150,343.00
Faith
Messianic
The Torah uses a different type of logic instead of deduction and induction. It is called "adduction." AKA Hebrew Block Logic.

If you are familiar with Jewish interpretation of the Torah such as the 13 rules of R. Ishmael, as well as how to understand Torah via PaRDeS, then I am quite frankly amiss to understand you how you miss the conclusion entirely.

A remez is clearly displayed in the word "wicked" for what Onan did, with the juxtaposition of the text of his brother Er being called "wicked." This clearly links the two and confirms the juxtaposition and any conclusion derived from the second case as applying to the first. Furthermore, a kol vachomer is shown where Er is considered wicked, without stated reason, but Onan wicked for a seemingly more noble reason (spilling seed after having sex with his wife), then how much more so Er's sin (spilling seed with or without his wife) deserved death. That Judah is then used a third example, but laying with a prostitute, not spilling his seed, and a later verse from Torah explains Shiloh comes from that union, gives further clarification to one of the the consequences for spilling seed (not yibum) is to delay the coming of Messiah.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am aware of the rabbis' debate over what Er did that was deserving of death. The conclusion that I have read was that Tamar was so beautiful Er did not want to spoil her beauty by pregnancy; so he kept her satisfied sexually but did not "finish" so as to get her pregnant.

No mention of whether he "spilled" or not.

Upvote 0

Josephus

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2000
Kerbal Space Center
✟150,343.00
Faith
Messianic
I think your interoperation of the Torah is skewed.

When you have studied under an Orthodox Jewish Rabbi, or learned basic Jewish hermaneutics, then I will take that as qualify feedback. Until then, this comment really doesn't do anything productive. I applaud your sincerity, but according to Torah, your words are leading many men astray for which they, and you will have to pay for if they follow their lead.

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The scriptures don't mention it. Hence the assumption is none since if he's sinless, he could never have spilled seed. Ask Him.
It's a normal bodily function and some men have it happen involuntarily. Scripture also mentions Him eating a few times, but not nearly enough to sustain a human body for years. Yet we assume He ate food regularly.

Upvote 0

Josephus

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2000
Kerbal Space Center
✟150,343.00
Faith
Messianic
I am aware of the rabbis' debate over what Er did that was deserving of death. The conclusion that I have read was that Tamar was so beautiful Er did not want to spoil her beauty by pregnancy; so he kept her satisfied sexually but did not "finish" so as to get her pregnant.

No mention of whether he "spilled" or not.

That's what I thought for the longest time too. But it wasn't until I started reading this from a Jewish perspective and actually trust the text for what it actually says, vs what I'd like to fill in, that I became fully convinced that this as a reason for his death, is completely wrong.

The reasoning I laid out is the Torah reasoning based on the rules of hermeneutics, and is the same conclusion draw by all rabbis I've come across on the subject. I think the weight of this conclusion by others smarter than me, was not something for me to ignore, and I'm glad I didn't. I only hope to save others. This is a most serious deception in our generation, and we're walking right over it. It's worse than abortion, but not that much worse.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Josephus

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2000
Kerbal Space Center
✟150,343.00
Faith
Messianic
It's a normal bodily function and some men have it happen involuntarily. Scripture also mentions Him eating a few times, but not nearly enough to sustain a human body for years. Yet we assume He ate food regularly.

Intentional spilling of seed is the sin. Jesus was sinless. Furthermore, spilling seed unintentionally makes one unclean. I am not aware of a time in scripture where Jesus was unclean.

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟145,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
When you have studied under an Orthodox Jewish Rabbi, or learned basic Jewish hermaneutics, then I will take that as qualify feedback. Until then, this comment really doesn't do anything productive. I applaud your sincerity, but according to Torah, your words are leading many men astray for which they, and you will have to pay for if they follow their lead.

Scriptures themselves tell us how to study them. "Line upon line, precept upon precept". The Bible is its own dictionary, commentary and interpreter. If you have a question about what one passage means, you will find the answer somewhere else in the Bible.

I don't need to study under an orthodox Jewish rabbi. I need to "search the Scriptures to see if these things are so".

I find it perplexing that the very people who deny Christ are the one's certain Christians chase after to aid them in interpreting Scripture. There can be some value in learning what other men have said about passage X,Y or Z; but we live in a day when we have such an incredible advantage over any other generation. We have an incredible access to the acquisition of knowledge. We can check those who teach us because we have the Scriptures with multiple aides to compare those Scriptures to themselves.

This is how we study the Bible!

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟145,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Intentional spilling of seed is the sin. Jesus was sinless. Furthermore, spilling seed unintentionally makes one unclean. I am not aware of a time in scripture where Jesus was unclean.

How many dead bodies did Jesus touch. How many people did He raise? How many lepers, sick people, women with issue of blood did He heal. How many of these unclean people touched Him. Jesus was probably "unclean" most of His public ministry.

Upvote 0

AMM

A Beggar
Site Supporter
May 2, 2017
Virginia
✟329,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
So since there is no injunction against self stimulation, if he had an inclination to do so; there was no reason not to.

That kind of begs the question, doesn't it? You're reading your interpretation of the law into the law - the law never says "thou shalt not fondle thyself unto [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]" but it also doesn't say "thou shalt not poke your brother with the tooth of a dead animal repeatedly until he bleeds to death". Yet the latter is included within "thou shalt not murder". So isn't it a bit of an assumption that the former is not included in the 6th commandment?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.