Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is my own opinion, I am not saying God really thinks so.
God knows the weakness of human flesh, age of puberty will always think about sex,
nobody needs to teach you how to touch,
you know it yourself.
May God forgive our weakness.
this is not in aligned with scripture .. nor walking in the holy Spirit

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible only has commandments regarding sex, and that always involves another person. Someone will quote the OT command involving spilled seed, but that may or may not be applicable,a s the passage does not have a context with it, although the unclean to evening part suggests it is not sex between a married couple, which usually happens at night..

There are two kinds with he same name. For recreation, it is a sin, as it leads to fantasies of the opposite sex that life cannot maintain and will interfere with marriage sex later.

To eliminate sexual tension, it is not a sin. It is in fact, practice for marriage.

It is the attitude and what you think about it that governs it. If you are imagining a movie actress, then you are in danger. If you are thanking God for the great gift that he will one day use to bring new saints to the earth, and the joys you will one day share with your future spouse, then that is good.

Figuring out what you are thinking can be a bit tricky, as autogenetic thoughts happen when you do it, and you can't tell what are your thoughts, and what are coming from the chemical exchanges.
this is humanism -give scripture. Doctrines not based on scripture are based on the spirit of this world for god cannot contradict himself.

Upvote 0

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Sexual self-abuse / self-pleasuring is sinful, as it falls short of how we should ideally behave, as those who are being led by The Spirit and not by the flesh.

Such may indeed be less of a sin (at least in some respects), than fornication, adultery, sodomy, inappropriate behavior with animals, etc... but any sin causes disharmony between us and God, and leaves us vulnerable to being less blessed + less protected from evil.

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. <---> 1st Corinthians 6:9+10

In the list of things above, consider the phrase 'abusers of themselves with mankind'. When one studies the meaning of that phrase it describes 'the spilling of one's seed', in an unclean /unholy manner. Also know as - 'shameful spewing'

Thou art filled with shame for glory: drink thou also, and let thy foreskin be uncovered: the cup of the LORD'S right hand shall be turned unto thee, and shameful spewing shall be on thy glory. <---> Habakkuk 2:16

Finding the grace and the faith to live in sexual purity is one of our biggest challenges, and one of the most necessary things to ensure a perpetual harmony with God's Spirit within.

When Balaam couldn't curse Israel, (as he was hired to do - in The Book of Numbers), he counseled Israel's enemies to entice them to commit sexual transgressions, so they would be out of step with The Lord , and thereby more vulnerable to other forms of attack.

But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication. <---> Revelation 2:14

The word fornication above literally means - endulge unlawful lust.

Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. <---> Matthew 5:27+28

Because The Lord is longsuffering - not willing that any should perish, many of us fail to cease from sinful practices, and are not (usually) immediately struck down for our unrighteousness deeds. Yet, He does not allow us to be altogether blind to consequences either....thus if we continue in sinful ways, we also suffer somehow. And if we find the grace + faith to overcome those sinful ways - we (usually) are not instantly swept up into heaven above, but we do experience a greater reward within and without, which comfirms that we're on the right path.

One good thing that can come out of repeated failures, is that we can hardly find the foolish pride to be a condemner of others, while being such a failure ourself....And this relationship between these two things is a big part of the key to overcoming our own personal sins. For God is not seeking a holier than thou people. But is rather seeking a meek and lowly in heart, holy people.

Hence the saying - and the path to the cure -

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. <---> Matthew 11:28-30
And -

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. <---> Galatians 5:16+17

May The Lord Be Pleased !

Last edited:
Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe we're straining at gnats here? Let me cite a passage:

James 2:8-10

Okay, be sure to let this sink in: If you violate one, single point of the law- you are guilty of all. Any sin you commit, causes a violation of the entire law, and you are guilty of all. Did you tell a lie? You're now guilty of idolatry, blasphemy, adultery, false witness, coveting, fornication, whoremongering, breaking the sabbath, dishonoring of parents, homosexuality, murder and... masturbating.

Note the passage again. "Respect unto persons." Did you smile and say "Hello" as you passed by the white man on the street, but lower your gaze and "hope for the best" when that black teen in his 'gansta' hat walked by? You just became guilty of idolatry, blasphemy, adultery, false witness, coveting, fornication, whoremongering, breaking the sabbath, dishonoring of parents, homosexuality, murder and... masturbating.

Did you nod in greeting at the well-dressed man who you saw at church; and raise a disapproving eyebrow at the teen girl with her black goth clothing, and neon pink hair? Guess what? You're guilty of idolatry, blasphemy, adultery, false witness, coveting, fornication, whoremongering, breaking the sabbath, dishonoring of parents, homosexuality, murder and... masturbating.

How about instead of straining at gnats, we do our best to fulfill the royal law instead? And recognize that we have sin, and that through Christ, all sin and debt is paid for in full.

As the apostle writes, all things are lawful for me, but not all things edify. 1 Corinthians 10:23

So instead of straining at gnats, and binding heavy burdens on men's shoulders: just, love one another. Is that easy? Is that difficult? It can be. But if you're going to really fervently work on something: work on your love for all. Because that is what is important in the eyes of God: John 15:12, 1 Peter 1:22, 1 John 3:11, 1 John 3:23, 1 John 4:7, 1 John 4:12, 2 John 1:5, Romans 13:8

• Agree
Reactions: Galatea
Upvote 0

Ken Behrens

Sep 5, 2016
Milford, Delaware, USA
Visit site
✟32,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
this is humanism -give scripture. Doctrines not based on scripture are based on the spirit of this world for god cannot contradict himself.
I cannot give a Scripture to prove that something is not there. If you believe masturbation is wrong, you must produce the Scripture. There are none, because sex is only covered as interaction between two people (or person and animal in a couple OT verses).

Your conclusion is not correct. First what I am saying is not doctrine, it is life experience. Second, it is based on Scripture in a sense because Scripture causes one to follow Jesus, and what is learned doing this is admissible to share. Third, you cannot prove from Scripture that any doctrine not based on Scripture is based on the spirit of the world, because you cannot prove there is no third possibility. Fourthly, advancing the argument is unscriptural, because you are using logic, and God is love and love is not logical.

Upvote 0

Ken Behrens

Sep 5, 2016
Milford, Delaware, USA
Visit site
✟32,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And this is one thing that no one has to force you to practice . Practice makes perfect. :tonguewink:
Since I have never had sex outside marriage, and I now have my second wife, I can tell you from experience this is not so. :tonguewink:

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Figuring out what you are thinking can be a bit tricky, as autogenetic thoughts happen when you do it, and you can't tell what are your thoughts, and what are coming from the chemical exchanges.
Especially if you are coming (pun intentional) at the issue from a very anti-M doctrinal stance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
During wife's pregnancy,
can the husband touch?
Of course he CAN - he has that ability. But should he? Since 1 Cor 7.4 says the wife has authority over the husband's body, (and vice versa) they need to talk about that and IMO he should have her permission to do so.

Upvote 0

Poppyseed78

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2016
US
✟275,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think that it's better to avoid this. Is it an unforgivable act? Of course not. If you're single and burning with lust, I think it's understandable and certainly preferable to fornication. But like a lot of things, it has the potential to become an addiction or idolatry.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

YCGP

Apr 29, 2016
Canada
✟31,014.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I think that it's better to avoid this. Is it an unforgivable act? Of course not. If you're single and burning with lust, I think it's understandable and certainly preferable to fornication. But like a lot of things, it has the potential to become an addiction or idolatry.

Ok. I see what you're saying.

+++

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have read about a dozen of the posts in here and I still have not found one that answers the question simply and clearly.

Is it a sin, yes or no?
Y or N
you didn't read to much then huh?
If a person needs to ask they do so because they already KNOW it is. this is because their conscience is goaded by it and they know they should not do it .
but they want mans opinions to appease their conscience so they can self justify their self indulgence .

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
addiction is it seems the modern christian word for "SIN"

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I cannot give a Scripture to prove that something is not there. If you believe masturbation is wrong, you must produce the Scripture. There are none, because sex is only covered as interaction between two people (or person and animal in a couple OT verses).

Your conclusion is not correct. First what I am saying is not doctrine, it is life experience. Second, it is based on Scripture in a sense because Scripture causes one to follow Jesus, and what is learned doing this is admissible to share. Third, you cannot prove from Scripture that any doctrine not based on Scripture is based on the spirit of the world, because you cannot prove there is no third possibility. Fourthly, advancing the argument is unscriptural, because you are using logic, and God is love and love is not logical.
Therefore, since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God.,
everything ..
As it is written if you walk in the Spirit you WILL not fulfill the evil desires of th flesh .. will not ,ie- you will have the will to not do so .

you play with ambiguity give a clear sound ,for the warning is dire if you lead the young into sinfulness .

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.