Fort Lauderdale
✟23,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's not even clear to me what she meant. She may have meant, do you like to be physically affectionate with someone you're dating? That would make more sense, in context.
She asked me do I touch. I don’t know why the question got altered

• Informative
Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,857.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Oh, well, then... It's probably not something I'd ask on a first date, but I wouldn't say it's wrong to ask, as such. I guess it's up to you whether you want to answer, or refuse.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,888.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I went on a date with another Christian women and out of the blue she asked me do I touch myself ?
Im not masturbating but isn’t that too personal to be asking?
Or is that a good question
Hypothetically if it were true that somebody asked me this I'd tell them, they were way, way, way, way OUT OF LINE to ask such a thing! The nature of the question is just way too personal of a thing to ask and because I won't answer DON'T TAKE THAT as a that has to mean a YES either..

That would be the last time I'd date this person too. In my opinion they'd be out there on the fringe and I'd consider them in need of maturity. . I'd love this person with Christian love even pray that they'd come into a reasonable mental state but that's just it. If I'm going to date someone they'd have to at least have that.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I went on a date with another Christian women and out of the blue she asked me do I touch myself ?
I occasionally scratch my nose.

Upvote 0

QuestionQuest74

Oct 12, 2023
Fort Lauderdale
✟23,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hypothetically if it were true that somebody asked me this I'd tell them, they were way, way, way, way OUT OF LINE to ask such a thing! The nature of the question is just way too personal of a thing to ask and because I won't answer DON'T TAKE THAT as a that has to mean a YES either..

That would be the last time I'd date this person too. In my opinion they'd be out there on the fringe and I'd consider them in need of maturity. . I'd love this person with Christian love even pray that they'd come into a reasonable mental state but that's just it. If I'm going to date someone they'd have to at least have that.
Why would it be the last time u date that person ?

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟962,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It is not the question that is wrong. It is the timing. The kinds of things we talk about vary according to our level of intimacy with the person to whom we are talking. For example, it is perfectly fine to tell a close friend, "I have a really bad case of hemorrhoids." But if you turn and say the same thing to the random chap you sit next to on the subway, it is at least awkward and maybe weird. The question asked would be a lot different if asked in an established relationship than on a first date. Its happening on a first date would make me watch out for other examples that might demonstrate if this person has a problem with boundaries, and if I can live with what I observe. Is this the only awkward conversation or the first of many, and if its a habit, am I on board for being a part of that?

Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If she meant that, and if you have not gotten to know each other very well already . . . I would say you need to get to know a person much more and better before taking her out.

But, like I asked, what did she mean?

In case she meant masturbation, someone could be trying to bring up such a subject in order to lead you into immoral activity. It could be an "If you do that, it's ok to do things with me" sort of a thing.

And that would be jumping too fast into physically close things when you have not first gotten blessed in sharing in Jesus . . . too isolated and not truly intimate!

And you have already been asking questions about physical contact with a woman; and what have you said or asked about developing spiritually and for maturing with a woman?

My opinion is you probably need to share with someone like her at church and in home groups and midweek service where she has mature women and couples helping her and you.

And this way you can share in a family way and not isolating on dates.

Upvote 0

QuestionQuest74

Oct 12, 2023
Fort Lauderdale
✟23,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It is not the question that is wrong. It is the timing. The kinds of things we talk about vary according to our level of intimacy with the person to whom we are talking. For example, it is perfectly fine to tell a close friend, "I have a really bad case of hemorrhoids." But if you turn and say the same thing to the random chap you sit next to on the subway, it is at least awkward and maybe weird. The question asked would be a lot different if asked in an established relationship than on a first date. Its happening on a first date would make me watch out for other examples that might demonstrate if this person has a problem with boundaries, and if I can live with what I observe. Is this the only awkward conversation or the first of many, and if its a habit, am I on board for being a part of that?
We have been talking to each other for a month but this is our first date and we was talking about our beliefs and she asked me that randomly

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,888.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Why would it be the last time u date that person ?
Because it would be an extremely unfair and unjust question to ask anyone. It would tell me they're way out there on the fringe and if they're going to be as weird as that what else would they do or ask. I'm not saying I'd hate them or be mad at them. I'd love them as a Christian should do towards everyone. ....I'm just saying no they're not for me. For dating I'd want someone at least to have rational thinking.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We have been talking to each other for a month but this is our first date and we was talking about our beliefs and she asked me that randomly
So, you had time to get to know her a bit, and you decided to go out with her. So, possibly you already had time to get to know her somewhat so you could understand what she meant.

So, why are you asking us?

I know someone who has been publicly accepted in ministry and is professionally successful. But she has been controlling and a charmer, even fishing for guys in bars, it seems. So, how much do I need to ask other people about if she is dating or marriage material for me?

God's word says "nor as being lords over those entrusted to you", in 1 Peter 5:3.

So, in case someone is using control and charm to use and manage people . . . God's word is clear about if this person is functioning in how the Bible says to relate in love.

I can see how I was not attracted to her by love. So much brought my attention to her, not to Jesus. I was blinded by what is not Jesus and loving any and all people.

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
It’s too personal to be asking out in public. If it’s in private, or in a semiprivate location like a park or a car, it probably means that she likes you and wants to know if you’re marriage material.

In public, she might be bent on embarrassing you. Either way, be careful with her because you’ve probably turned her on, and her desires may be producing Freudian slips.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

QuestionQuest74

Oct 12, 2023
Fort Lauderdale
✟23,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It’s too personal to be asking out in public. If it’s in private, or in a semiprivate location like a park or a car, it probably means that she likes you and wants to know if you’re marriage material.

In public, she might be bent on embarrassing you.
Either way, be careful with her because you’ve probably turned her on, and her desires may be producing Freudian slips.
Why you said I turned her on and I might be producing freudian slips ?
What does Freudian slips mean ?

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Why you said I turned her on and I might be producing freudian slips ?
What does Freudian slips mean ?
She’s asking you a sexual question. Freudian slips are things that people accidentally say that reveal what is on their mind.

Basically, I think you aroused her a little bit so a sexual question slipped out of her mouth.

Upvote 0