Is King James onlyism a heresy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟370,527.00
Faith
Non-Denom
There has NEVER been found a Koran from either the time of Muhammad, nor from ruthman, and at the present time there are over 30 known Arabic editions available today, with over 93000 differences between them, So much for the Koran being without mistakes, and unchanged past 1400 years!

Quite true.

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The historical reality is simply that vastly more people spoke Chinese than Greek in the first century. In actual fact, vastly more people spoke Chinese in the seventeenth century than spoke English and the same truth holds to this very day. Despite the wide dispersion of the English language there are more native speakers of Chinese, as well as Spanish, than there are of English.

This is simply not true.

If you were to check out the WayBackMachine for the Wikipedia article on world language, (back in July 20th, 2016), it gives us a clear definition for the meaning of a world language. It states this:

full

Source:
World language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Notice what it says in the second sentence. It says,

A world language is characterized not only by the total number of speakers (native, and second language speakers), but also by it’s geographical distribution.”​

In the overview section in the article above, we read:

By far the most widely spoken and and fastest spreading world language today is English.
Even Wikipedia’s current day article on the world language says this:

full

Source:
World language - Wikipedia

The article above states:

Academic consensus is that English is a world language.”​

This makes sense because if you were to Google what is the number 1 language spoken in international airports, you would see that it is English.

full

Source:
https://www.google.com/search?q=what+is+the+number+1+language+spoken+in+international+airports

full

Source:
Aviation English - Wikipedia

The English language is most taught globally, as well.

full

Source:
https://www.google.com/search?q=what+language+is+most+taught+globally

Also, when I visited Brazil back in 2011 when they had video rental stores still, I noticed that most of the movies were American films or Hollywood movies (translated into Brazilian Portuguese). I noticed that they played American music on the radio station, as well. Many countries are influenced by American made films. Granted, this changed a bit because of the recent Covid outbreak from China. China also restricted use of American films into their country and they are also influencing Hollywood on a larger level unlike in the past. But the point is that for many years, American movies and music has had a great influence world wide.

Merely look at BoxOfficeMojo.com to see international sales for American films.
For do international films of other countries have a bigger influence upon you while growing up? Is that what you seen in the theaters? Primarily international films? Surely not. But I have heard of people from other countries in whom I work with speak of how they know about Captain America and the Avengers through American films. It’s not Captain Arabia. Or Captain Mexico. It’s Captain America. Note: Captain America is a Protestant according to the Marvel Comics universe when I collected them weekly while I was a kid. However, today I no longer read Marvel comics, and I no longer watch popular fantasy films like Captain America and the Avengers (although I used to love them a lot in the past). Currently, I watch just Christian films, educational documentaries, and family friendly romance films (with my wife) (Note: To see a list of my top favorite Christian films, see here).

Anyways, the point here is that not only is English the world language, but America is a huge recipient or promoter of the Holy Bible. The King James Bible was taught in public schools here in America. If you go to a country like China, Christians are persecuted. Online sales of the Bible is forbidden. Churches are closed, and Pastors are jailed. Is that happening on a widespread scale here in America? No. We are promoting the Bible (Although many are not accurately believing or following it). At least, God’s Word is being promoted here in the United States. So yeah. God’s Word is not hindered or shackled like it is in China. We can send out missionaries to other countries without our government laying out the smack down. You go to China, and they got big Buddha statues for you everywhere and not the Bible. Here in America, you see the cross promoted on many churches, and many pastors telling you to read and study the Bible. That’s why God chose the English language so as to preserve His perfect Word.

Side Note:

For the definition on the world language: I used an older article on the world language from Wikipedia via by the WayBackMachine because it has a more clearer definition at the beginning than the current modern day article.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The historical reality is simply that vastly more people spoke Chinese than Greek in the first century. In actual fact, vastly more people spoke Chinese in the seventeenth century than spoke English and the same truth holds to this very day. Despite the wide dispersion of the English language there are more native speakers of Chinese, as well as Spanish, than there are of English.

You said there are more native speakers of Spanish than English native speakers. This is simply not true.

According to Google:

There are 239 Million English speakers here in the States.

full

In Mexico, there are 124.85 million speakers of Spanish.

full

Globally, there are 1.5 billion people who speak English.

full

Only 572 million speak Spanish globally.

full

As for China: There are 1.31 billions speakers globally.

full

Yes, it’s true. There are more who speak Chinese on the planet, but as I said before, China does not promote the Bible and the cross like America does. Also, the definition of a world language is not by how many who speak it, as well. But the main point here is that if you were to go to China: Most of what you will see there is Buddha. English is studied more on a global level. English is the #1 language in international airports. English entertainment has influenced the world greatly unlike the entertainment from other countries. America is known to be a nation founded upon the Bible. Can China say that? No. Just look at how things are there now. I don’t see the promotion of the Bible or the cross there. So it s no wonder God would preserve His Word perfectly in a country that at the very bare minimum tells people to honor God’s Word (the Bible) etcetera.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟370,527.00
Faith
Non-Denom
This is simply not true.

If you were to check out the WayBackMachine for the Wikipedia article on world language, (back in July 20th, 2016), it gives us a clear definition for the meaning of a world language. It states this:

full

Source:
World language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Notice what it says in the second sentence. It says,

A world language is characterized not only by the total number of speakers (native, and second language speakers), but also by it’s geographical distribution.”​

In the overview section in the article above, we read:

By far the most widely spoken and and fastest spreading world language today is English.
Even Wikipedia’s current day article on the world language says this:

full

Source:
World language - Wikipedia

The article above states:

Academic consensus is that English is a world language.”​

This makes sense because if you were to Google what is the number 1 language spoken in international airports, you would see that it is English.

full

Source:
https://www.google.com/search?q=what+is+the+number+1+language+spoken+in+international+airports

full

Source:
Aviation English - Wikipedia

The English language is most taught globally, as well.

full

Source:
https://www.google.com/search?q=what+language+is+most+taught+globally

Also, when I visited Brazil back in 2011 when they had video rental stores still, I noticed that most of the movies were American films or Hollywood movies (translated into Brazilian Portuguese). I noticed that they played American music on the radio station, as well. Many countries are influenced by American made films. Granted, this changed a bit because of the recent Covid outbreak from China. China also restricted use of American films into their country and they are also influencing Hollywood on a larger level unlike in the past. But the point is that for many years, American movies and music has had a great influence world wide.

Merely look at BoxOfficeMojo.com to see international sales for American films.
For do international films of other countries have a bigger influence upon you while growing up? Is that what you seen in the theaters? Primarily international films? Surely not. But I have heard of people from other countries in whom I work with speak of how they know about Captain America and the Avengers through American films. It’s not Captain Arabia. Or Captain Mexico. It’s Captain America. Note: Captain America is a Protestant according to the Marvel Comics universe when I collected them weekly while I was a kid. However, today I no longer read Marvel comics, and I no longer watch popular fantasy films like Captain America and the Avengers (although I used to love them a lot in the past). Currently, I watch just Christian films, educational documentaries, and family friendly romance films (with my wife) (Note: To see a list of my top favorite Christian films, see here).

Anyways, the point here is that not only is English the world language, but America is a huge recipient or promoter of the Holy Bible. The King James Bible was taught in public schools here in America. If you go to a country like China, Christians are persecuted. Online sales of the Bible is forbidden. Churches are closed, and Pastors are jailed. Is that happening on a widespread scale here in America? No. We are promoting the Bible (Although many are not accurately believing or following it). At least, God’s Word is being promoted here in the United States. So yeah. God’s Word is not hindered or shackled like it is in China. We can send out missionaries to other countries without our government laying out the smack down. You go to China, and they got big Buddha statues for you everywhere and not the Bible. Here in America, you see the cross promoted on many churches, and many pastors telling you to read and study the Bible. That’s why God chose the English language so as to preserve His perfect Word.

Side Note:

For the definition on the world language: I used an older article on the world language from Wikipedia via by the WayBackMachine because it has a more clearer definition at the beginning than the current modern day article.

I am pleased to see that we agree that Chinese (Putonghua) has always engaged the largest speaking population in the world.

Unfortunately, English was only used in England (not Scotland, Wales, or Ireland) in the seventeenth century as the common language and in its few colonies, primarily located in North America. The seventeenth century was the great century for the Spanish empire where its language was used in virtually all areas of Central and South America, with the exception of Brazil and in such remote areas as the Philippines.

Then, of course, there was the official language of the western Church headquartered in Rome, which was Latin. Latin found its way around the world by the seventeenth century and was even employed in the Jesuit missions in China.

No matter how you want to slice it or dice it, English is the Johnny-Come-Lately to the imperial language network.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am pleased to see that we agree that Chinese (Putonghua) has always engaged the largest speaking population in the world.

Unfortunately, English was only used in England (not Scotland, Wales, or Ireland) in the seventeenth century as the common language and in its few colonies, primarily located in North America. The seventeenth century was the great century for the Spanish empire where its language was used in virtually all areas of Central and South America, with the exception of Brazil and in such remote areas as the Philippines.

Then, of course, there was the official language of the western Church headquartered in Rome, which was Latin. Latin found its way around the world by the seventeenth century and was even employed in the Jesuit missions in China.

No matter how you want to slice it or dice it, English is the Johnny-Come-Lately to the imperial language network.

Maybe if somebody is die hard Anti-KJB Only (Whereby they cannot see the forest for the trees), or they just arrived on planet Earth, or they just woke up from coma, they may believe you. But the facts I shown by Google simply refute your opinion here. English is the world language currently. That is why the Bible is perfectly preserved with the King James Bible. There is no other country who is Bible Alone (Protestant) like America. It’s why the famous fictional comics character known as Captain America is Protestant. As for Rome: Well, Rome wants to get you to trust the church for the faith and not the Bible. They are not Sola Scriptura or the “Bible Alone + the Anointing to Understand It.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
the KJVO keep on using the bible references to His word being perfected, but that always refers to the Originals, as that does not refer to any translations !

This line of thinking is simply contrary to Scripture.

In the Bible: We can see a pattern of God preserving copies of His Word, and not the original autographs.

(a) Moses destroyed the original 10 Commandments on tablets of stone (the original autograph) (Exodus 32:19), and yet a copy was perfectly made to replace it (Exodus 34:1-4).

(b) King Jehoiakim burns the scroll of Jeremiah (Jeremiah 36:22-23), but God had Jeremiah make another copy (Jeremiah 36:27-28).

(c) Proverbs 25:1 says, “These are also proverbs of Solomon, which the men of Hezekiah king of Judah copied out.” (Proverbs 25:1).​

In the New Testament, Philip heard the Ethiopian eunuch read from a manuscript of Isaiah.

“And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?” (Acts of the Apostles 8:30).

Although Scripture does not specifically say this was a copy of Isaiah, and not the original autograph of Isaiah, logic dictates that the most plausible explanation is that the Ethiopian eunuch had a copy of a manuscript of Isaiah (and not the original). For the odds of him just happening to have the original would seem highly unlikely.

Philip calls this copy of Isaiah he possessed as Scripture.

“Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.” (Acts of the Apostles 8:35).

2 Timothy 3:16 says all Scripture is given by inspiration of God.
So the copy of this Scripture was inspired by God.

So the belief of “Originals Only” that says that we need to look to the original autograph because it is perfect, and the copies are flawed and full of errors is unbiblical. Believers in God's Word can trust that God has preserved a copy of His Word for us today that is perfect (Which would be consistent in the way God operates involving the preservation of His Word). This then leads us to conclude that there must be a perfect Bible that we can find today. For this is what we read about in Scripture.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So then all English versions of the Bible are good! Case closed for English-speaking people.

The NIV is considered one of the worst Modern bibles even by Modern Scholarship Followers. For they criticize KJB Only Christians for continually bringing up the NIV and it’s problems. Anyways, my point here is that you need to look at both sides or position from a purely objective standpoint despite your personal opinion, personal experience, etcetera. The Bereans were more noble because the searched the Scriptures to see whether those things be so or not. Meaning, they were truth seekers. They really wanted to get to the truth of the matter by confirming things with God’s Word. In other words, we need to look at all of the evidence in a fair and balanced way like in a court of law and not bring in our own bias to the case.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is why I was able to come up with 101 reasons in defense for the King James Bible.
Note: I am refining my points currently, and I am writing out explanations for each of my points.
I hope to in the future to make available for all those who are interested in checking out the truth for themselves in a fair and objective manner.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Anyways, my point here is that you need to look at both sides or position from a purely objective standpoint despite your personal opinion, personal experience, etcetera. The Bereans were more noble because the searched the Scriptures to see whether those things be so or not. Meaning, they were truth seekers. They really wanted to get to the truth of the matter by confirming things with God’s Word. In other words, we need to look at all of the evidence in a fair and balanced weigh like in a court of law and not bring in our own bias to the case.

Which I have and still find your position to be flawed and wrong. /shrug

I have God's word in my hand in the form of the Bible that I read most. It's not the archaic KJV. I cannot read the KJV. So, why would I try? That is a rhetorical question and not one that needs an answer.

God has preserved His word in more than just the KJV. I am sorry that you are unable to see it.

• Agree
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Which I have and still find your position to be flawed and wrong. /shrug

I have God's word in my hand in the form of the Bible that I read most. It's not the archaic KJV. I cannot read the KJV. So, why would I try? That is a rhetorical question and not one that needs an answer.

God has preserved His word in more than just the KJV. I am sorry that you are unable to see it.

The archaic English is on purpose.

1 Corinthians 1:27
“God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;”

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat

“God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;”

You keep telling yourself that is the reason. The rest of us know better.

BH, you are stretching to find stuff to support your point of view. I can see right through it. Others can see right through it. God is not going to make the language of the Bible archaic so that the common man cannot read it. To think that is both wrong and misguided.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Are you serious??? Do you really think that the archaic Englyshe of the KJV is still in use to confuse people, especially the wise? So, according to you, the KJV is foolish and weak!

Perhaps you should change translations so that you can understand what the Bible actually means.

Secondly, here is what the Bible says in context: "Think about the circumstances of your call, brothers and sisters. Not many were wise by human standards, not many were powerful, not many were born to a privileged position. But God chose what the world thinks foolish to shame the wise, and God chose what the world thinks weak to shame the strong. [this is obviously referring to the believers in Corinth] God chose what is low and despised in the world, what is regarded as nothing, to set aside what is regarded as something, so that no one can boast in his presence. He is the reason you have a relationship with Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification and redemption, so that, as it is written, “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.” 1 Corinthians 1:26-31 NET v2.1

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You keep telling yourself that is the reason. The rest of us know better.

BH, you are stretching to find stuff to support your point of view. I can see right through it. Others can see right through it. God is not going to make the language of the Bible archaic so that the common man cannot read it. To think that is both wrong and misguided.

Then why did Jesus speak in parables whereby others did not understand them?
Why didn’t the disciples understand Jesus when He spoke of His death and resurrection before the cross? According to your view or philosophy: Jesus should have given the disciples an instant mind Matrix download transfer of his future plans whereby they perfectly understood everything.

See, this is why you fail to understand 2 Timothy 2:15. We are to study to show ourselves approved unto God. A work man that needs not to be ashamed.

Also, in the Modern Scholarship Approach to the Bible, it is actually worse. They want you to know dead languages like Hebrew and Greek in order to truly get the real knowledge of God’s words (When nobody is even alive in recent history today to even know those languages properly). They must kiss the ring of the scholar and bow down before every word he says vs. what the Bible says. For footnotes cast doubt on you believing what your Bible says. Yea, hath God said?

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Why didn’t the disciples understand Jesus when He spoke of His death and resurrection before the cross? According to your view or philosophy: Jesus should have given the disciples an instant mind Matrix download transfer of his future plans whereby they perfectly understood everything.

See, this is why you fail to understand 2 Timothy 2:15. We are to study to show ourselves approved unto God. A work man that needs not to be ashamed.

Also, in the Modern Scholarship Approach to the Bible, it is actually worse. They want you to know dead languages like Hebrew and Greek in order to truly get the real knowledge of God’s words (When nobody is even alive in recent history today to even know those languages properly). They must kiss the ring of the scholar and bow down before every word he says vs. what the Bible says. For footnotes cast doubt on you believing what your Bible says. Yea, hath God said?

See, more stretching to try and prove your point, with a little hyperbole thrown in.

My footnotes do no such thing. My footnotes bring clarity to the scriptures, not confusion.

Again, I cannot read the KJV, so why should I try? Rhetorical question. I can study the Bible that I have, I don't need archaic language to do so.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are you serious??? Do you really think that the archaic Englyshe of the KJV is still in use to confuse people, especially the wise? So, according to you, the KJV is foolish and weak!

Yes, I now. Paul is referring to the gospel in context. No doubt about it. Paul is saying that the WORLD regards the gospel as foolish and weak. It’s not that the gospel is foolish and weak itself, but God has chosen a message (i.e. 1 Corinthians 15:1-4) that appears to be foolish and weak in the world’s eyes (or from their perspective). The gospel is the power of God unto salvation to all who will BELIEVE. But will the world believe? Most of the world will not unfortunately believe because they see the gospel as foolishness (Just as many Christians today cannot fathom how God could preserve His Word in archaic English and they regard such a thing as foolishness from their perspective or logic).

You said:
Perhaps you should change translations so that you can understand what the Bible actually means.

Secondly, here is what the Bible says in context: "Think about the circumstances of your call, brothers and sisters. Not many were wise by human standards, not many were powerful, not many were born to a privileged position. But God chose what the world thinks foolish to shame the wise, and God chose what the world thinks weak to shame the strong. [this is obviously referring to the believers in Corinth] God chose what is low and despised in the world, what is regarded as nothing, to set aside what is regarded as something, so that no one can boast in his presence. He is the reason you have a relationship with Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification and redemption, so that, as it is written, “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.” 1 Corinthians 1:26-31 NET v2.1

Many students of the Bible know that there can be a primary meaning and a secondary meaning, etcetera to Scripture. Take for example Messianic prophecies. There is the primary meaning of an OT verse and there is the secondary aspect of those OT verses that points ahead to Christ.

Here is a specific verse that has a double fulfillment.

Hosea 11:1
"When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt."

First Fulfillment (That was in the Past):
Reference to the exodus of the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt.

Secondary Fulfillment (That was in the Future):
Reference to the Love of God calling his Son back to the comparative safety in Egypt so that he might die for his people. Matthew 2:15 - “that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.”

I hope this helps, and may God bless you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
See, more stretching to try and prove your point, with a little hyperbole thrown in.

My footnotes do no such thing. My footnotes bring clarity to the scriptures, not confusion.

Again, I cannot read the KJV, so why should I try? Rhetorical question. I can study the Bible that I have, I don't need archaic language to do so.

Footnotes merely echo what took place in the Garden of Eden. “Yea, hath God said,…?

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

You can't be serious!! (Thanks, John McEnroe!)

a) Jesus spoke in Aramaic, the common language of His time.
b) You're showing your inability by quoting 2 Timothy 2:15. It's obvious that you don't understand what the word "study" means here. It ain't book learnin'! It means to apply yourself diligently to a task. Here is a far better translation: "Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately." NET v2.1
c) You wrote, "They want you to know dead languages like Hebrew and Greek in order to truly get the real knowledge of God’s words". Those languages are the source languages of the earliest Bible texts, the same ones the KJV translators used. Nobody was even alive in the 17th Century to even know those languages properly; we know a lot more today about them than they did 400 years ago.
d) Finally, you wrote that "they must kiss the ring of the scholar and bow down before every word he says", just like they did in 1611 and what you're doing today.

I have read many posts by KJV-only people, but this "takes the cake". It is so filled with self-contradictions and falsities as to make it nonsensical. Or perhaps you're just joking..?

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Footnotes merely echo what took place in the Garden of Eden. “Yea, hath God said,…?

According to you, which is your opinion. Footnotes help the reader to understand.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You can't be serious!! (Thanks, John McEnroe!)

a) Jesus spoke in Aramaic, the common language of His time.

You need a bible verse that says this in order for it to be true.

You said:
b) You're showing your inability by quoting 2 Timothy 2:15. It's obvious that you don't understand what the word "study" means here. It ain't book learnin'! It means to apply yourself diligently to a task. Here is a far better translation: "Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately." NET v2.1

Simply looking at the next chapter shows that it is indeed talking about studying because 2 Timothy 3:16-17 says all Scripture is profitable for doctrine, instruction in righteousness so that the man of God may be perfect unto all good works. You cannot know doctrine or instruction in righteousness without studying the Bible.

But God’s people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.

You said:
c) You wrote, "They want you to know dead languages like Hebrew and Greek in order to truly get the real knowledge of God’s words". Those languages are the source languages of the earliest Bible texts, the same ones the KJV translators used. Nobody was even alive in the 17th Century to even know those languages properly; we know a lot more today about them than they did 400 years ago.
d) Finally, you wrote that "they must kiss the ring of the scholar and bow down before every word he says", just like they did in 1611 and what you're doing today.

I have read many posts by KJV-only people, but this "takes the cake". It is so filled with self-contradictions and falsities as to make it nonsensical. Or perhaps you're just joking..?

Look. Most people (not all) who lay claim to know the original languages or give expert advise on what those languages say on a verse does not mean they are qualified experts in these languages. 9 times out of 10 most who go to the original languages and ignore their Bible in English do not know how to fluently speak, write, and read the original languages (Which disqualifies them from giving any kind of advice on what those languages really say). Quoting a dictionary or Lexicon is not proof one is correct because the author may be biased to a religious view or belief of his own liking that simply ignores what God’s Word says in the English.

In other words, it would be like as if a person tried to criticize and correct a great literary work in Chinese with Chinese people using a Chinese to English dictionary. Most Chinese people will just look at you funny if you did that. But if you were fluent in that language, then that would be another matter. But the original languages are dead languages and they are long gone. This is unlike the 1600’s English of the KJB because it is still fairly recent to Modern English and a lot of phrases you speak today come from the King James Bible. In addition, many Anti-KJB Only Critics love to spit upon the personal pronouns in the KJB. But little do they realize that this is one of the best reasons to keep the King James Bible. For the thees, thous, vs. the ye, and you helps us to distinguish between when a singular person is being referred to vs. more than one person is being referred to. One key example is in John 3:7.

“Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.” (John 3:7).

The word “thee” is in reference to a singular person (i.e. in this case it would be Nicodemus). But when the word “ye” is used, it is in reference to more than one person (i.e. meaning in this case, to all of mankind).

I remember once a believer thinking we did not have to be born again, and that he thought this was just for Nicodemus. But if he had a King James Bible and understood the personal pronouns involved, he would be less likely to not think falsely about what this verse says.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.