Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A lot of us are “soft atheists”; think along the lines of “non-denominational” but with respect to all religions instead of just Christianity.
Or as they say in 12 step groups, “take what you need and leave the rest”.

Are you actually any religion at all or do you just respect all religions?

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nope, sorry unless you want Islam, or Satanism, or Hinduism or other religions dictating laws in the states, you don't want this to be a Christian nation, but good try.

It wasnt only a "good try" but sucessful and correct. ;)

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
it was a stupid try, I 100% guarantee that if the us become a Christian theocracy it wouldn't be what you wanted.

No it was not....it was a "good try"....remember?

Why would it not be what I wanted?

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I used to be a Christian and have posted here off and on for years.

As far as I know, I'm not in violation of any of the ToS or forum rules.
No I am not implying that you are. Welcome. You say you used to be a Christian? May I ask why ANYONE would turn their back on Jesus Christ when all He ever did was love you?

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
For myself, I like debating with people I don't agree with. It allows me to hear different points of view, and challenges my own. I find only debating with people I agree with kinda boring, frankly.

-- A2SG, if I find myself in a room with all liberals, I'd probably be in a corner discussing Star Trek vs Star Wars.....

Why would you debate with people who you think are wrong and stupid for what they believe? Is that correct? I have heard that Atheists think Christians are stupid and foolish. What I want to know is why are you so angry with God? You KNOW He is real, so what happened? There had to be something that happened that you think was majorly unfair, or someone was taken from you too early, or SOMETHING. Can you talk about it?

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
1. We can't "see the content" in your links because they ARE JUST SCREEN SHOTS.

2. These are (and the thread is about) *executive orders*. There is no voting involved.

If you'd like to discuss one or three of them and their merits here is a list with links to the actual text to help in that effort:

List of executive actions by Joe Biden - Wikipedia
What I listed was the reversal of the orders already in place which he reversed, so where Trump was in favor of an issue, Biden reversed it and went against it. Does that make sense to you? I know he wasn't " voting" on anything. Why are you trying to make me look stupid? You cannot SEE the screenshots and the point being made by CNN in regards to the executive order? You know what. Just drop it. You will see soon enough. I am not saying anything else. You win.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What I listed was the reversal of the orders already in place which he reversed, so where Trump was in favor of an issue, Biden reversed it and went against it. Does that make sense to you? I know he wasn't " voting" on anything. Why are you trying to make me look stupid? You cannot SEE the screenshots and the point being made by CNN in regards to the executive order? You know what. Just drop it. You will see soon enough. I am not saying anything else. You win.

You be you. You don't need anyone's help.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Why would you debate with people who you think are wrong and stupid for what they believe? Is that correct?

No, it isn't.

I've never been one of those who thinks I'm right about everything, so I'm always open to hearing from those who view things differently than I do. Don't get me wrong, I'll debate a subject if I disagree, but I never assume someone is stupid just because we disagree.

I have heard that Atheists think Christians are stupid and foolish.

Then take it up with whomever said that. 'Tweren't me.

-- A2SG, I can't be responsible for what atheists think, that's their own business.....

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No...

Is he racking up more executive orders in his first few weeks in "the big chair" compared to predecessors? Yes.

But that's not the same as a dictator.

He's still sharing power with two other branches of government. That, alone, disqualifies him from "dictator" status.

If he were an actual dictator, his stated campaign trail agenda would've been fully implemented already.

Now, given that, breaking Executive Order records probably isn't a good look for a leader of a democratic republic, but it still doesn't make one a "dictator". Presidents have been misusing executive order for decades now, and given that the current president inherited a particularly unique situation, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

If in two years from now, he's still throwing out dozens of them per week and they're not particularly aimed at addressing a bonified national crisis, then I'll start having some concerns.

IE: If in 2023, he's issuing executive orders ordering the DOE to implement critical race theory, then I'd say he's throwing EO's around willy nilly.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
No I am not implying that you are. Welcome. You say you used to be a Christian? May I ask why ANYONE would turn their back on Jesus Christ when all He ever did was love you?

I didn't turn my back on Jesus, that's not how I see it. But I understand that's the Christian propaganda to explain people leaving the faith.

To use an analogy... why would anybody turn their back on Santa Claus after all he does for little kids?

I believe Jesus probably existed. I accept mainstream scholarship, such as the Westar Institute, concerning details of his life we can know about, which is relatively little compared to what Christians have traditionally believed about him. I do not accept Christian religious dogmas about him at face value.

I find Jesus as a religious figure interesting, but no more compelling than any other religious figure, in short.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
No offense intended at all, but from, lets just say knowing who you are, it seemed to me that you left Christianity because of Gods veiw on that.

Would that not be true...now be honest.

That's an attack on my character. I don't have to respond to your insinuation and its not worthy of comment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No, it isn't.

I've never been one of those who thinks I'm right about everything, so I'm always open to hearing from those who view things differently than I do. Don't get me wrong, I'll debate a subject if I disagree, but I never assume someone is stupid just because we disagree.

Then take it up with whomever said that. 'Tweren't me.

-- A2SG, I can't be responsible for what atheists think, that's their own business.....
You aren't an Atheist?

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No...

Is he racking up more executive orders in his first few weeks in "the big chair" compared to predecessors? Yes.

But that's not the same as a dictator.

He's still sharing power with two other branches of government. That, alone, disqualifies him from "dictator" status.

If he were an actual dictator, his stated campaign trail agenda would've been fully implemented already.

Now, given that, breaking Executive Order records probably isn't a good look for a leader of a democratic republic, but it still doesn't make one a "dictator". Presidents have been misusing executive order for decades now, and given that the current president inherited a particularly unique situation, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

If in two years from now, he's still throwing out dozens of them per week and they're not particularly aimed at addressing a bonified national crisis, then I'll start having some concerns.

IE: If in 2023, he's issuing executive orders ordering the DOE to implement critical race theory, then I'd say he's throwing EO's around willy nilly.
Thats a fair answer. Thank you for not attacking me or assuming I thought he was one because I don't. The man hasn't been in office long enough to know how it is going to go, but I do have a feeling it might be a little different than all of us are hoping for. We will have to wait and see but I respect the office so I am rooting for him.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's an attack on my character. I don't have to respond to your insinuation and its not worthy of comment.

I did my best so it didnt come off that way, and I assure you it was no attack, it was simply a delicate conversation, but if you'd rather not respond, thats fine.

Sorry I offended you.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I did my best so it didnt come off that way, and I assure you it was no attack, it was simply a delicate conversation, but if you'd rather not respond, thats fine.

Sorry I offended you.

When somebody has to say "no offense", almost always they are about to say something offensive.

Let me turn your question on its head:

No offense, but isn't your belief in God just a way for you to try to excuse an unwillingness to assume moral responsibility for your life? Come on... I think we both know the truth.

I don't expect a serious answer, it's just a demonstration of how your question was about as unfair as that would be.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I didn't turn my back on Jesus, that's not how I see it. But I understand that's the Christian propaganda to explain people leaving the faith.

To use an analogy... why would anybody turn their back on Santa Claus after all he does for little kids?

I believe Jesus probably existed. I accept mainstream scholarship, such as the Westar Institute, concerning details of his life we can know about, which is relatively little compared to what Christians have traditionally believed about him. I do not accept Christian religious dogmas about him at face value.

I find Jesus as a religious figure interesting, but no more compelling than any other religious figure, in short.
It certainly is not propaganda and I thought you said you left Christianity. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you are in for a huge rude awakening. I am sorry that your skepticism has blinded your heart to the extent that He has not shown you just how real He is. Do you think Jesus is running around trying to prove Himself to people and failing? Do you think Christians are so desperate to believe in something that we have unicorn shrines and put teeth under our pillows? Far from it. I was skeptical as well as many of us were but we had enough faith that when He showed Himself to us in our lives there was absolutely no way to deny Him. I would die right now if I thought I had to live my life without Jesus. In a heartbeat because without Him it isn't worth living. That's not propaganda friend. That is the soul rattling truth.

Upvote 0