Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
When Donald Trump became president, he signed 12 executive orders in his first month in office. Joe Biden called this " Executive Overreach" saying "you only find this in a Dictatorship". When Joe Biden became President, he signed 28 in his first 2 weeks in office, and he isn't finished. By his own words, is he looking to become a dictator?

* PLEASE NOTE - I am not a Republican or a Democrat. I am a concerned American who feels if he was undoing damage then his Executive orders should have matched Trumps. Am I wrong? If you are a Democrat, are you still not a skeptical American, concerned that Biden might not do what's right or are you blinded by your opinion and would Trust the man with the lives of your children?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210204-130849.png
    Screenshot_20210204-130849.png
    768.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
:sigh:

He's just undoing the damage using the same method that was used to wrought it. You guys didn't care when Trump did it. I don't care that you care now. More power to him as long as he's helping the country and not actively destroying it.

Same with the deficit...

Same with "family values"...

Same with moral indignation with Democratic politicians but not with Republican ones...

Everyone is a hypocrite... and I don't care what morally and intellectually bankrupt and transparently, nay, unashamedly hypocritical Republicans think.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Biden has reversed the abortion law. Not good, not biblical. He might come across as a nice man butt.....

The United States is a secular nation, not a Christian Theodemocracy. What the Bible says about a topic is not a rationale for the laws that we should have.

Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The United States is a secular nation, not a Christian Theodemocracy. What the Bible says about a topic is not a rationale for the laws that we should have.

I wouldn't expect any other reply from a self-confessed humanist.

• Haha
Reactions: Aryeh Jay
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Biden has reversed the abortion laws, now providing money for abortions.

This is untrue, Biden has done no such thing. Abortions are still not payed for by taxpayers under US law. What has changed is that non-abortion services at Planned Parenthood can be reimbursed through Medicare and Medicaid.

Upvote 0

Lg2000

Dec 15, 2003
L.A.
✟27,613.00
Faith
Christian
this is true. I don't know where people get this idea this a Christian nation .
Biden just undoing all of trumps nonsense /terrible orders.
That's why executive orders don't mean much tbh. They can be reversed easily.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When Donald Trump became president, he signed 12 executive orders in his first month in office. Joe Biden called this " Executive Overreach" saying "you only find this in a Dictatorship". When Joe Biden became President, he signed 28 in his first 2 weeks in office, and he isn't finished. By his own words, is he looking to become a dictator?
First, it's important to find out what Biden actually said and what he was referring to.

The video comes from an October ABC News town hall in the final weeks of the presidential election campaign. During the event, Biden answered questions from host George Stephanopoulos and an audience member about his plan to raise taxes on corporations and the wealthy.

Here’s a transcript of the relevant portion of his remarks:

Stephanopoulos: So, there's not going to be any delay on the tax increases?

Biden: No, well, I've got to get the votes. I got to get the votes. That's why — you know, the one thing that I — I have this strange notion. We are a democracy. Some of my Republican friends, and some of my Democratic friends even, occasionally say, "Well, if you can't get the votes, by executive order you're going to do something." (There are) things you can't do by executive order, unless you're a dictator. We're a democracy. We need consensus.

Fact check: Charlie Kirk distorts Joe Biden's words

According to the Constitution, Congress has the authority to written tax law and collect taxes, the President does not.
Biden wasn't saying the EOs in general are a sign of a dictatorship.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If he loses in 2024 but refuses to accept the result and tries to get a violent mob to overthrow the government because of it, then I'll say he's trying to become a dictator.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,149,208.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
A lot of his EOs have been objectives. He has charged groups to prepare policy recommendations, and to see what they can do to meet his goals within current law. Note that he hasn’t opened the border. Immigration changes will take time, and will involve Congress. The main actual changes have been reversals of a few Tump EOs.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
And trump went on to sign over 200 more executive orders. But we aren't going to talk about that are we?

Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is untrue, Biden has done no such thing. Abortions are still not payed for by taxpayers under US law. What has changed is that non-abortion services at Planned Parenthood can be reimbursed through Medicare and Medicaid.

is he aiding abortion or trying to prevent it?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Fair enough call if Biden has been caught contradicting himself on this topic.

USA has a weird political system which gives the president sole power for executive orders and pardons.
But they also have a weird political system where if different parties control Whitehouse, Senate and House then you get to a loggerhead of dysfunction.

But when Trump was in power, his supporters were flaunting his absolute power and constitutional right to make unilateral orders.
But now that Biden is in power they complain about overreach and lack of unity.

When Trump was in power, I understand that the left were complaining about the unconstituaionality of a Muslim ban or the unhumanistic position of separating children from their parents, the unconstitutionality of re-allocating funds for the wall when congress had allocated them for something else.
The left talk about specifics and how it ties into values and constitution, the right vaunt total power of their Republican president and abhor power overreach of a Democrat president.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Or he is redoing the damage that was undone by Trump from Obama's reign.
In a way I'm glad that these things are being done by EO if they were done by congress they would have a lot harder time of being undone in 4 years.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
I wouldn't expect any other reply from a self-confessed humanist.

A response that points to the reality of the situation that according to the United States Constitution, a deity has no legal standing to decide the laws of the land? Yeah, that is a pretty common reaction and should be expected.

this is true. I don't know where people get this idea this a Christian nation .
Biden just undoing all of trumps nonsense /terrible orders.
That's why executive orders don't mean much tbh. They can be reversed easily.

I really don’t understand this idea of trying to say the United States is a Christian nation. Why would anyone with even cursory knowledge of U.S. History want to tie their deity to all the atrocities this country has committed is beyond me.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Well Trump did 220 in 4 years. I'd expect quite a few at the start to quickly deal with some fairly big, pressing issues. But I do agree and hope that it should NOT continue for a long time.

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

No, he's not a dictator. Dictators have absolute power. An EO is far from absolute power. It's not even a proper law, and can be changed with the next administration, as you can see. No, not only do we not have a dictator, but we have a bad habit of allowing the Executive Branch to put band aids on things Congress probably needs to address, IMO.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0