Earth
✟328.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I see so many Charismatic Christians move from convention to convention, meeting to meeting, wave to wave, super-star preacher to super-star preacher, and it all seems to me, standing on the outside that Jesus is not enough. So, my question is, is Jesus enough? Why do so many of my brothers and sisters seem to seek Jesus in all these other things, instead of falling at the feet of the Savior?

Here is an article that helped me tremendously in my walk out of organized religion: Is Jesus Enough?

Lots of care in the Son

flyfishing

Feb 6, 2004
✟612.00
Faith
Christian
educk said:
I see so many Charismatic Christians move from convention to convention, meeting to meeting, wave to wave, super-star preacher to super-star preacher, and it all seems to me, standing on the outside that Jesus is not enough. So, my question is, is Jesus enough? Why do so many of my brothers and sisters seem to seek Jesus in all these other things, instead of falling at the feet of the Savior?

Here is an article that helped me tremendously in my walk out of organized religion: Is Jesus Enough?

Lots of care in the Son

His grace is sufficeint for me.. Good article.. Oh the depths of this simple thought. Thats why i mantain christianity is not complicated....

Upvote 0
E

enoch son

Thank God that the 250 or so that follow Him around as He walk did not thank so. Some came and went. But in the begianing there was 120 to what 4000 in a day. What is it to you or I how someone get blessed. I believe the word say's that if you thrist after righteousness you will be filled. My pray is, fill them Lord, to overflowing and fill them agian and agian and agian.

Upvote 0

flyfishing

Feb 6, 2004
✟612.00
Faith
Christian
educk said:

Lots of care in the Son

Read amos 8:11... Perhaps they go from place to place because they are not really hearing the true voice of god??

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
This article helped you leave the church? The article is garbage, and here's why. Their 'many' people who do the 'many' things that have 'nothing to do with Jesus' are some pie in the sky group of Christians. Having worked in the church, I see some are building a ministry, but not 'many'. So honestly, this thinking is sad...it's the same attitude that says 'You shouldn't focus on tongues, focus on Jesus' or 'You shouldn't focus on [insert word here] you should focus on Jesus'. Although true, you shouldn't focus on me, you should focus on Jesus too.

Upvote 0

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I personally have never experienced what you are talking about here. And I'm glad:)
I suppose that even within the church you have "groupies", people who are attracted to charismatic people instead of the Word. Some of the people in my church love Benny Perez , but I look more to see if someone is preaching right from the word than if he has the ability to work up a crowd...know what I mean?

Upvote 0

Jim B

Jan 12, 2004
Nacogdoches Texas
✟8,962.00
Faith
Christian
Svt4Him said:
This article helped you leave the church? The article is garbage, and here's why. Their 'many' people who do the 'many' things that have 'nothing to do with Jesus' are some pie in the sky group of Christians. Having worked in the church, I see some are building a ministry, but not 'many'. So honestly, this thinking is sad...it's the same attitude that says 'You shouldn't focus on tongues, focus on Jesus' or 'You shouldn't focus on [insert word here] you should focus on Jesus'. Although true, you shouldn't focus on me, you should focus on Jesus too.

Hey, S. You must of read something into the article that I didn't! I don't think the article in any way suggested that we not mind the shop and concentrate on the majors of our faith. IMHO, It was simply a caution of making Christ peripheral instead of central in our lives.

Calling it "garbage" is a little extreme.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

educk

Dec 29, 2003
Earth
✟328.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Svt4Him said:

No-no - you are reading what you want to read. I did not say Church - I said organized religion. There is a difference. The article is about nothing more than just being at the feet of Jesus. Know the cliche: Not seeking the things of the Lord, but the Lord of th things? That's what it's about.

Upvote 0

educk

Dec 29, 2003
Earth
✟328.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
flyfishing said:
Read amos 8:11... Perhaps they go from place to place because they are not really hearing the true voice of god??

And it concludes again with knowing that God will be found, not here, not there, not in this, not in that, but in the one place He always wanted to be and where He know has His living:

Our Spirits. That's the furthest we need to stagger to find him. Great scripture, thanks for sharing.

Upvote 0

thinbo

thinbo
Dec 28, 2003
Manchester
✟655.00
Faith
Christian
Just been on our Church weekend away, we had a 'charismatic preacher' from the states over, he basically just pointed to Jesus all weekend, it was great. ;)
Here's a tip: The mark of a good preacher is the direction of his finger. It doesn't even matter where they stand, in relation to one another, the only thing that matters is where they point. The wolves out there point to themselves and their own ideas.

Reactions: Cara J
Upvote 0

thinbo

thinbo
Dec 28, 2003
Manchester
✟655.00
Faith
Christian
lol just noticed, all my blessings have been wiped out, must have said something controversial somewhere, (can't think where). Man I must be doing something right, somewhere, I wish there was away to find out where. Treasures in heaven! ;)

Father God, I ask that you would ruin my reputation too (the little I have) :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

thinbo

thinbo
Dec 28, 2003
Manchester
✟655.00
Faith
Christian
oops I got it all wrong, looks like I'm the wrong person to ask. Just been reading around it seems everyones have disappeared from view. I know you get one every time you post, though, I've somehow got it into my head that you can have them removed by other people. I think you can only give them to other people, or spend them on avatars etc. Hopefully someone else will correct me, if I'm wrong.

Upvote 0

flyfishing

Feb 6, 2004
✟612.00
Faith
Christian
thinbo said:
oops I got it all wrong, looks like I'm the wrong person to ask. Just been reading around it seems everyones have disappeared from view. I know you get one every time you post, though, I've somehow got it into my head that you can have them removed by other people. I think you can only give them to other people, or spend them on avatars etc. Hopefully someone else will correct me, if I'm wrong.

hey i tryed to bless you with 1,000 but alas i could not. on the home page your total is still there?? Maybe just this forum there are no blessings. :sigh:

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Jim B said:

Hey, S. You must of read something into the article that I didn't! I don't think the article in any way suggested that we not mind the shop and concentrate on the majors of our faith. IMHO, It was simply a caution of making Christ peripheral instead of central in our lives.

Calling it "garbage" is a little extreme.
It's when they say "many" do this or "many do that" that is garbage. I agree Christ should be the focus, but I disagree with the "many" who are wrong.

Here, let me be more specific:

Many precious believers are in love with the things of the Lord, but they are not in love with the Lord Himself.

That's pretty specific...

Many Christian workers and ministers are in love with the Lord's work...the work of the Lord becomes more important than the Lord of the work

They are seeking "things" - words, prophecies, teachings, visions, dreams - but they are not seeking the Lord Himself

Among Christians I have discovered something. There is Jesus, and then there are all the things ABOUT Jesus that are NOT Jesus. Jesus Himself occupies only a small portion of what is said and done in Christian circles. Most of what is said and done is merely ABOUT Jesus, but it is NOT Jesus.

And here is the greatest bit of garbage...

I believe most sinners cannot see Jesus for the Christians. And I believe most Christians cannot see Jesus for the "church".

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.