Is it time to stop policing the black community?

Is it time to stop policing the black community?

• Total voters

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The rules and regulation by which the system operates.
Sure, here’s a really clear example. Funding for public schools draws heavily from the property taxes of a school’s surrounding neighborhoods. Because of this, schools in higher-income areas will have more money to spend on facilities, staff, and supplies. Schools in lower-income areas will not. Therefore, the quality of education offered in high-income areas will be greater than that in lower-income areas.
Now, since the poverty rate of black people is 2-4x higher than that of white people (varying by state), black people live disproportionately in low-income areas. This means the school funding structure ends up providing a higher percentage of the black population than the white population with a poor education. Thus the system ends up treating the races differently, without any direct rules or actors demanding that it be so. This kind of inequal distribution is what is meant by systemic racism.
Numerically speaking there are more poor white neighborhoods than poor black neighborhoods so more poor whites are affected this way even though on a percentage basis there are more poor blacks. Because blacks and white alike are affected equally under this system, I see it as more of an economical issue not a racial issue.
Yeah, let’s just ask the murderer if he’s guilty, right? Lol. We judge them by their actions, not their sales pitch.
More like you didn’t see the guy kill anybody, but you are taking the word of someone who doesn’t like the guy, claim that he is a murderer. Whatever happened to innocent till proven guilty?
Again, you have not demonstrated that Antifa or BLM are behind these riots or complacent in their genesis. That’s been your claim, but you have not supported it.
Anybody who has seen footage of the riots of 2020 have seen people rioting in Black Blok uniform. If not them, who do you suppose it is? Ohh lemme guess; they were actually Proud Boys and off duty police officers, dressing in black blok gear to give Antifa a bad name! Right??? Is this the method to your madness?
Same reason you, a black man, would fight so hard against improving society for himself and his fellow minorities. It doesn’t make sense, but here we are.
Are you kidding??? I am a black man who is fighting to IMPROVE society for myself and fellow blacks! The worse thing you can do for black people is to infantile them as inferior victims who need to be coddled, cared for, and defended because they are too weak to stand on their own two feet without help from the great powerful white man.
As pointed out before, why do you suppose Native Americans who live on the Reservation have a much lower standard of living than those who live off of it? Native Americans are the only group that gets more government handouts than black people; yet they are also the only group doing financially worse!
Why do you suppose black people living in large cities with the most liberal policies are the cities that have the poorest, and most economically oppressed black people living there? Yet you can go to some of the smaller towns, with less liberal policies, black people seem to do better?
As I said before, when you make excuses for failure, when you lower the standards for accomplishment, unfortunately there will always be a percentage who will gladly accept those excuses for their failures, and will meet the lowered standards you apply to them. Black people don’t need this. Jason Riley said it best in his book; STOP HELPING US!!!

Reactions: BigDaddy4
Upvote 0

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Numerically speaking there are more poor white neighborhoods than poor black neighborhoods so more poor whites are affected this way even though on a percentage basis there are more poor blacks. Because blacks and white alike are affected equally under this system, I see it as more of an economical issue not a racial issue.
It’s an economical issue that applies disproportionately to one race over another. Systemic. Racism.
More like you didn’t see the guy kill anybody, but you are taking the word of someone who doesn’t like the guy, claim that he is a murderer. Whatever happened to innocent till proven guilty?
Many of the Proud Boys have in fact been arrested and convicted of gang assault. They were given the due process and were found guilty. You don’t need to defend them.
Anybody who has seen footage of the riots of 2020 have seen people rioting in Black Blok uniform. If not them, who do you suppose it is? Ohh lemme guess; they were actually Proud Boys and off duty police officers, dressing in black blok gear to give Antifa a bad name! Right??? Is this the method to your madness?
What a 180 that was! From innocent until proven guilty to “come onnnnn they’re wearing black! Guilty!!”
Are you kidding??? I am a black man who is fighting to IMPROVE society for myself and fellow blacks! The worse thing you can do for black people is to infantile them as inferior victims who need to be coddled, cared for, and defended because they are too weak to stand on their own two feet without help from the great powerful white man.
The only ones infantilizing Black people are the ones who see them protesting and fighting for their rights, and characterizing that as a childish plea to be coddled. Why don’t black people deserve the same opportunities as white people?
As pointed out before, why do you suppose Native Americans who live on the Reservation have a much lower standard of living than those who live off of it? Native Americans are the only group that gets more government handouts than black people; yet they are also the only group doing financially worse!
Reservations are notoriously underfunded, constituting yet another example of systemic racism. https://borgenproject.org/native-american-reservations/
As I said before, when you make excuses for failure, when you lower the standards for accomplishment, unfortunately there will always be a percentage who will gladly accept those excuses for their failures, and will meet the lowered standards you apply to them. Black people don’t need this. Jason Riley said it best in his book; STOP HELPING US!!!
This is nothing but a bunch of nonspecific drivel that could just as easily apply to privileged classes as you seem to be applying it to black people. Maybe you should just get out of the way.
Why do you suppose black people living in large cities with the most liberal policies are the cities that have the poorest, and most economically oppressed black people living there? Yet you can go to some of the smaller towns, with less liberal policies, black people seem to do better?
See, you do believe in systemic racism.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It’s an economical issue that applies disproportionately to one race over another. Systemic. Racism.
According to the FBI, black people commit more murders than all other races combined. Does this mean laws against homicide are an example of systemic racism since these laws are applied disproportionately to one race over all others? Do we need to legalize murder now?
Many of the Proud Boys have in fact been arrested and convicted of gang assault. They were given the due process and were found guilty. You don’t need to defend them.
I never said they weren’t a gang, I was refuting your claim that they were fascists.
What a 180 that was! From innocent until proven guilty to “come onnnnn they’re wearing black! Guilty!!”
If they are wearing the uniform, there is a reasonable assumption that it is them.
The only ones infantilizing Black people are the ones who see them protesting and fighting for their rights, and characterizing that as a childish plea to be coddled. Why don’t black people deserve the same opportunities as white people?
Black people already have all the opportunity that white people have. If you disagree, point to an opportunity you as a white man have that I as a black man do not have.
See, you do believe in systemic racism.
So now you are defining progressive/liberal policies as an example of systemic racism? Though I don't disagree with you, why are you calling for more of these racist liberal policies?

• Winner
Reactions: Ana the Ist
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟439,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Systemic racism involves the entire system. Not individual organizations, not “private entities”.
Here: proportionally more BIPOC are caught up in the criminal Justice system because it is functioning as intended.

Remarkable...

What part of the system is racist?

Point out the law, or practice, or whatever it is so we can fix it.

Upvote 0

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
According to the FBI, black people commit more murders than all other races combined. Does this mean laws against homicide are an example of systemic racism since these laws are applied disproportionately to one race over all others? Do we need to legalize murder now?
They’re overrepresented as both offenders and victims, so yes, this is another example of systemic racism. Of course the solution isn’t to legalize murder, it’s to alleviate the cause of the trend. But if these trends are due in any part to their unique historic position in American society and its systems, then it is on us to fix those systems and thus fix the cause of all that murder. You do want to reduce murder, right?
I never said they weren’t a gang, I was refuting your claim that they were fascists.
They are. I don’t have time to teach you about fascism. You’re having enough trouble comprehending systems and proportionality, so I think it’d be a waste of effort.
If they are wearing the uniform, there is a reasonable assumption that it is them.
It’s not a uniform.
Black people already have all the opportunity that white people have. If you disagree, point to an opportunity you as a white man have that I as a black man do not have.
Again, I’m not white. And we’re not talking on an individual basis here. I don’t know what opportunities you have or haven’t had anyway, so that’s just a completely irrelevant question in every way possible. Barack Obama has more opportunities than Steve Schmuccatelli as an individual, but black people as a whole in America have comparatively fewer opportunities than white people as a whole, and it’s largely due to wealth inequalities between the two.
So now you are defining progressive/liberal policies as an example of systemic racism? Though I don't disagree with you, why are you calling for more of these racist liberal policies?
Which policies were you referring to? All you pointed out was that somehow, the policies in one area lead to worse outcomes than the policies in another. Ignoring whether it’s truly those policies to blame here, if they are that’s literally an example of systemic racism.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟439,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
They’re overrepresented as both offenders and victims, so yes, this is another example of systemic racism. Of course the solution isn’t to legalize murder, it’s to alleviate the cause of the trend.

What's the cause?

But if these trends are due in any part to their unique historic position in American society and its systems, then it is on us to fix those systems and thus fix the cause of all that murder.

Any part?

All of history...no matter who we are talking about...was/is the result of what came before it.

That's not a unique aspect of anyone's history....it's a fundamental aspect of causality.

You do want to reduce murder, right?

Is this a serious question?

They are. I don’t have time to teach you about fascism. You’re having enough trouble comprehending systems and proportionality, so I think it’d be a waste of effort.

Is the "talk down to person" routine part of how you got bullied into this viewpoint? Or is there a written guide somewhere that suggests that whenever someone asks a question about the topic....and you can't answer it...

1. Try to appear intellectually superior by passive aggressive attacks on the person's intelligence like...

A. I'm so bored with this conversation ...
B. I'm so tired of educating people who don't want to put in the work...
C. If you can't understand A, you'll never understand B...

It's honestly bizarre to watch this happen over and over again, conversation after conversation, person after person....

And it's predictably at the same point in the conversation. It's the point where you're asking the woke to specify their claim in some way that makes it distinct.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
They’re overrepresented as both offenders and victims, so yes, this is another example of systemic racism.
So it is your view that laws against killing innocent people are racist because black people commit this crime more than anybody else! Wow! Just Wow.
If there were an ounce of merit to your ridicules claim, you would have presented it by now. Besides; I don’t think someone who believes laws against murder are racist should be teaching anybody anything.
It’s not a uniform.
Since you like wikipedia so much, even they disagree with you.
Black bloc - Wikipedia
I didn't provide a link, but I'm also sure they would not consider laws against murder to be racist either
Again, I’m not white. And we’re not talking on an individual basis here.
Yes we are! Opportunities are granted on an individual basis; not as a whole. You take the average of a group and if that average is less than whites you conclude racism is the reason. This presents a false dichotomy because it ignores other reasons like culture that could be responsible. Using you logic, because Asians do better than white people on average, the system must be racist against white people in favor of asians.
Now as absurd as that sounds, it pales when compared to your method of madness that concludes laws against murder are racist!
Which policies were you referring to? All you pointed out was that somehow, the policies in one area lead to worse outcomes than the policies in another. Ignoring whether it’s truly those policies to blame here, if they are that’s literally an example of systemic racism.
No; I pointed out that liberal policies in one area lead to worse outcomes than non liberal policies in another area. You are the one who called those liberal policies racist; not me, I only didn’t disagree with you...... unlike my disagreement with you that laws against murder are racist.

Upvote 0

Salvadore

Feb 2, 2020
Nashville
✟40,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
For the sake of racial justice perhaps we need different sets of laws for each ethnic group. Law enforcement in the black community has been troubling for both sides. Maybe they should be authorized to police their own communities. Thoughts?

That would be opening Pandora's Box. If someone of a certain ethnic group steals from someone of a different ethnic group, which law supersedes? Does the former have his hand removed to satisfy the others law? Or, does the offender accept the punishment of his or her own ethnic group? This would cause division on a scale this country has never experienced. Unity is better. One law for all. We all are in this together. Education and screening of police officers is key.

Upvote 0

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So it is your view that laws against killing innocent people are racist because black people commit this crime more than anybody else! Wow! Just Wow.
No, it is an example of systemic racism that black people are disproportionately exposed to poverty, violence, and crime due to their historically unique position in society. If you continue to respond in bad faith I will finally allow myself to block you. Don’t test me, I’m dying to do it at this point.
If there were an ounce of merit to your ridicules claim, you would have presented it by now. Besides; I don’t think someone who believes laws against murder are racist should be teaching anybody anything.
I did, but you rejected it, saying their PR page was more reliable than their Wikipedia article. I would have to teach you about fascism and how their actions and stated goals match many of its common features, but that’s a whole other topic and has nothing to do with the OP.
Since you like wikipedia so much, even they disagree with you.
Black bloc - Wikipedia
I didn't provide a link, but I'm also sure they would not consider laws against murder to be racist either
Did you even read the article you provided? Nowhere does it say it’s a uniform. It’s a tactic. For the love of all that is holy please approach this conversation with a modicum of integrity. I really shouldn’t be giving you the time of day.
Yes we are! Opportunities are granted on an individual basis; not as a whole. You take the average of a group and if that average is less than whites you conclude racism is the reason. This presents a false dichotomy because it ignores other reasons like culture that could be responsible. Using you logic, because Asians do better than white people on average, the system must be racist against white people in favor of asians.
Now as absurd as that sounds, it pales when compared to your method of madness that concludes laws against murder are racist!
Nope, that’s your fundamental mistake. Systems are about the whole, not about individuals. You seem to believe that systemic racism is a diagnosis, when in reality it is a label. Any significant racial disparities that happen as a result of systems treating everyone the same is the definition of systemic racism, not caused by systemic racism. There is nothing about Black culture that is causing a greater percentage of them to receive poor educations. That’s the system operating normally. And that’s systemic racism.

If you don’t understand at this point, or think you disagree, you can just say so and I’ll stop trying to teach you because this stuff is basic and uncontroversial in the social sciences. I won’t waste any more time on you.

No; I pointed out that liberal policies in one area lead to worse outcomes than non liberal policies in another area. You are the one who called those liberal policies racist; not me, I only didn’t disagree with you...... unlike my disagreement with you that laws against murder are racist.
I’m not calling it racist, it’s already the definition of systemic racism. You don’t seem able to parse between classical racism and systemic racism in your mind. How confusing the world must be for you.

• Winner
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What's the cause?
Poor public infrastructure in low-income areas, poor relationships between police and the communities, poor selection of role models due to generational poverty, poor selection of legitimate income sources versus abundance of illicit ones... do I need to go on?
Any part?

All of history...no matter who we are talking about...was/is the result of what came before it.

That's not a unique aspect of anyone's history....it's a fundamental aspect of causality.
Oh good, you agree.
Is this a serious question?
Let me introduce you to something known as the rhetorical flourish.
Is the "talk down to person" routine part of how you got bullied into this viewpoint? Or is there a written guide somewhere that suggests that whenever someone asks a question about the topic....and you can't answer it...

1. Try to appear intellectually superior by passive aggressive attacks on the person's intelligence like...

A. I'm so bored with this conversation ...
B. I'm so tired of educating people who don't want to put in the work...
C. If you can't understand A, you'll never understand B...

It's honestly bizarre to watch this happen over and over again, conversation after conversation, person after person....

And it's predictably at the same point in the conversation. It's the point where you're asking the woke to specify their claim in some way that makes it distinct.
I’m sure it annoys you that educated people won’t follow you down whatever rabbit hole you choose to obfuscate with, and you’re welcome to frame it in whatever way comforts you, but you shouldn’t get so triggered by it. If you’re so interested in the answer you can look it up yourself, or start a dedicated thread here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
No, it is an example of systemic racism that black people are disproportionately exposed to poverty, violence, and crime due to their historically unique position in society.
I didn’t ask for examples of systemic racism, I asked about laws; if laws against murder are racist, before you said they were; are you changing it now and admitting they are not?
If you continue to respond in bad faith I will finally allow myself to block you. Don’t test me, I’m dying to do it at this point.
Just as you do not “tip-toe” around my responses, I will not tip-toe around yours. I wouldn’t blame you if you did block me; you don’t appear to be the type that like having their views challenged.
I did, but you rejected it, saying their PR page was more reliable than their Wikipedia article. I would have to teach you about fascism and how their actions and stated goals match many of its common features, but that’s a whole other topic and has nothing to do with the OP.
I didn’t say their PR page was more reliable; I never even read their PR page. I only pointed out flaws in the Wikipedia article and explained why it was wrong; a point you have yet to refute to so I assume you agree with my claim.
Did you even read the article you provided? Nowhere does it say it’s a uniform. It’s a tactic. For the love of all that is holy please approach this conversation with a modicum of integrity. I really shouldn’t be giving you the time of day.
C’mon! When I said they were wearing the Antifa uniform, I was talking about they were wearing all black with face coverings; I wasn't suggesting the black pants shirts and face coverings were all from the same manufacturer, just that they were all the same color.
There is nothing about Black culture that is causing a greater percentage of them to receive poor educations. That’s the system operating normally. And that’s systemic racism.
There is no such a thing as a Black culture in America. (just as there is no such a thing as a white culture, or brown culture) There IS however a street culture (often seen as Hip-Hop culture) that far too many blacks buy into that does hinder education. Even Obama spoke of this culture several times.

(7 min 10 sec mark)

Upvote 0

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I didn’t ask for examples of systemic racism, I asked about laws; if laws against murder are racist, before you said they were; are you changing it now and admitting they are not?
Holy cannoli, I never said laws against murder were racist, those are absurd words you put in my mouth. But thank you for doubling down on your dishonesty, because now I can ignore you without feeling bad about it.
Just as you do not “tip-toe” around my responses, I will not tip-toe around yours. I wouldn’t blame you if you did block me; you don’t appear to be the type that like having their views challenged.
I love having my views challenged, but I have no time for having them misrepresented.
I didn’t say their PR page was more reliable; I never even read their PR page. I only pointed out flaws in the Wikipedia article and explained why it was wrong; a point you have yet to refute to so I assume you agree with my claim.
You didn’t point out any flaws, and your core criticism was based on the premise that people of color couldn’t possibly belong to organizations that advocate or effectively fight against their own interests, which is obviously untrue. So your criticisms were toothless.
C’mon! When I said they were wearing the Antifa uniform, I was talking about they were wearing all black with face coverings; I wasn't suggesting the black pants shirts and face coverings were all from the same manufacturer, just that they were all the same color.
Black bloc is not exclusive to Antifa.
There is no such a thing as a Black culture in America. (just as there is no such a thing as a white culture, or brown culture) There IS however a street culture (often seen as Hip-Hop culture) that far too many blacks buy into that does hinder education. Even Obama spoke of this culture several times.
Hip hop culture also finds its roots in systemic racism, but that’s a story I can’t do justice to at the moment. When you get a chance, look up the history of hip-hop on Netflix. You’ll see the direct connection between material conditions and culture that I’ve been talking about.

Anyway, Hip hop culture is not the reason many majority-black schools get poor funding. School funding structures are. It is a system that disproportionately harms black students. Systemic racism.

I think I’ve done all I can for you. Our constant back-and-forth is costing me too much of my peace. I’m afraid I’m no match for your willful ignorance. I will now willfully ignore you.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Holy cannoli, I never said laws against murder were racist, those are absurd words you put in my mouth. But thank you for doubling down on your dishonesty, because now I can ignore you without feeling bad about it.
Post #765 I pointed out that because black people commit more murders than all other races combined, does this mean laws against homicide are an example of systemic racism since these laws are applied disproportionately to blacks over all others. Your response was

“They’re overrepresented as both offenders and victims, so yes, this is another example of systemic racism.

That is an exact quote, those were your exact words.
You didn’t point out any flaws, and your core criticism was based on the premise that people of color couldn’t possibly belong to organizations that advocate or effectively fight against their own interests, which is obviously untrue. So your criticisms were toothless.
No; my core criticism was based on the premise that if they were a racist and anti immigrant white supremacist group, they would not have elected a leader who was both black and an immigrant. You have yet to address that.
Black bloc is not exclusive to Antifa.
True! But Antifa is the most popular to use that tactic
Hip hop culture also finds its roots in systemic racism, but that’s a story I can’t do justice to at the moment. When you get a chance, look up the history of hip-hop on Netflix. You’ll see the direct connection between material conditions and culture that I’ve been talking about.
I was just pointing out the anti education culture does exist.
Anyway, Hip hop culture is not the reason many majority-black schools get poor funding. School funding structures are. It is a system that disproportionately harms black students. Systemic racism.
As I pointed out before, majority black schools aren’t the only ones lacking school funding, there are plenty of majority white schools that lack such funding as well due to funding is partially based on neighborhood taxes, so this is an economic issue not a racist issue.
I think I’ve done all I can for you. Our constant back-and-forth is costing me too much of my peace. I’m afraid I’m no match for your willful ignorance. I will now willfully ignore you.
This is obvious you and I will never agree on this issue; you seem to think systemic racism causes poverty, and poverty causes crime. I believe culture causes racism, and crime causes poverty. I was reading somewhere that Ferguson business still hasn’t recovered from the crime/riots resulting after the death of Michael Brown. It shouldn’t be surprising that business are not gonna invest in a neighborhood that could go up in flames the moment another cop kills a black man. Unfortunately it is the citizens of the community that suffer due to this crime. Anyway, I see you are ignoring me now so I won’t be hearing from you anymore; it’s been good debating with you my friend.

Peace
Ken

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Oneiric1975

Apr 23, 2021
Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
I was just pointing out the anti education culture does exist.

It does. That is why studies showed that Conservative Pro-Trump voters were often less educated than those who voted for the other party.

This is obvious you and I will never agree on this issue; you seem to think systemic racism causes poverty, and poverty causes crime.

To be quite fair a lot of educated researchers believe that poverty leads to crime. It is hardly a controversial suggestion.

I believe culture causes racism, and crime causes poverty.

Yes, culture does cause racism. It is the culture of white supremacy and white privilege and a centuries long habit of de-humanizing people of color.

As for your second guess "crime causes poverty"....I'd be interested to know where that came from. If that was the case most of the large banks who perpetrated the 2007-8 crash would be impoverished.

Unfortunately it is the citizens of the community that suffer due to this crime.

Ahhh, the white man's burden to minister to the benighted people of Ferguson!

Let's assume for a moment that you found yourself in a hopeless situation. How much care would you have for keeping the dishes cleaned?

I don't think your approach will lead to that end.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It does. That is why studies showed that Conservative Pro-Trump voters were often less educated than those who voted for the other party.
Though Trump did appeal more to the blue collar worker than the college educated, there is a big difference between less education and anti-education.
To be quite fair a lot of educated researchers believe that poverty leads to crime. It is hardly a controversial suggestion.
Some aspects of crime can be the result of poverty, but there are many countries with far more poverty than the US and far less crime; also the poor aren’t the only ones committing crime. I think it is more of a desire for more that is a driving factor for crime and you don’t have to be poor to desire more
Yes, culture does cause racism. It is the culture of white supremacy and white privilege and a centuries long habit of de-humanizing people of color.
That isn’t the only culture that causes racism.
As for your second guess "crime causes poverty"....I'd be interested to know where that came from.
When a neighborhood becomes crime ridden, people are less inclined to invest in that neighborhood, less jobs, less opportunity, and more poverty. Many of the neighborhoods called "food deserts" are often the result of neighborhood stores leaving due to high crime. Get rid of the crime in a neighborhood, and a lot of these problems gets fixed.
Ahhh, the white man's burden to minister to the benighted people of Ferguson!

Let's assume for a moment that you found yourself in a hopeless situation. How much care would you have for keeping the dishes cleaned?
I have no idea what you are talking about here; perhaps you can rephrase it in a way that makes more sense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟269,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ken-1122 said:

The War on Drugs was specifically a racist law, aimed at minorities, to put men away in prisons. Black culture is a thing, it seems that this post indicates no familiarity with black english, which is a distinct dialect with its grammar. And distinct language is one thing indicating a distinct culture, while there are more things indicating it. That is still no basis that justifies separatism. All people should have the same rights equally, and being separate does not work for that and makes things unfair.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Though Trump did appeal more to the blue collar worker than the college educated, there is a big difference between less education and anti-education.

Some aspects of crime can be the result of poverty, but there are many countries with far more poverty than the US and far less crime; also the poor aren’t the only ones committing crime. I think it is more of a desire for more that is a driving factor for crime and you don’t have to be poor to desire more

That isn’t the only culture that causes racism.

When a neighborhood becomes crime ridden, people are less inclined to invest in that neighborhood, less jobs, less opportunity, and more poverty. Many of the neighborhoods called "food deserts" are often the result of neighborhood stores leaving due to high crime. Get rid of the crime in a neighborhood, and a lot of these problems gets fixed.

I have no idea what you are talking about here; perhaps you can rephrase it in a way that makes more sense.
There is Black culture in America, it's a direct byproduct of American racism. American chattel slavery, Jim Crow and racial discrimination laid the foundation for Black culture. Citing hip hop is quite laughable because Black culture long preceded hip hop. What's funnier is that those that decry hip hop also decried its predecessors: funk, soul, R&B, rock, jazz, etc. Whatever music Black people created, it was called immoral and uncivilized. Nothing has changed, hip hop is just a newer thing to demonize.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟708,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,481,444.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is Black culture in America, it's a direct byproduct of American racism. American chattel slavery, Jim Crow and racial discrimination laid the foundation for Black culture. Citing hip hop is quite laughable because Black culture long preceded hip hop. What's funnier is that those that decry hip hop also decried its predecessors: funk, soul, R&B, rock, jazz, etc. Whatever music Black people created, it was called immoral and uncivilized. Nothing has changed, hip hop is just a newer thing to demonize.

I agreed with your post, except that there are certainly people who decry hip-hop culture (or rather, what hip-hop culture is today) who did not decry funk, soul, R&B, rock, jazz, etc. Particularly the people who performed funk, soul, R&B, rock, jazz, etc.

But we have to realize that "hip-hop culture" is really only the surface effects of the urbanized result of the slave culture that was inculcated in the slaves and continued to be enforced by Jim Crow into ADOS up until recent times. That slave culture was intended by the slavers to be dysfunctional, and it had always been recognized as dysfunctional by ADOS. We have always attempted to step away from it by either more fully adopting the (functional and successful, even though flawed) Anglo-American culture or by developing an intentionally more functional hybrid culture (the most notable being the Nation of Islam).

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The point is to end police violence against black people. Many blacks don't accept black cops as 'brother's'.
Equality is a different subject.
I think it would be cool to ignore race and react only to people's actions.
......Actually, I think that is what we are doing already.

Upvote 0