Is it time for Donald to bow out? (MOVED)

I think Trump should:

• Step down from the candidacy

• Continue to run

• Not sure at this point

Results are only viewable after voting.

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When you consider all his comments together, it doesn't sound like he's ever actually read the bible in his entire life. Does it?

Trump admits he hates to read, but rather prefers sound bite summations. Time is money.

I wonder if he agrees with abortion "child murder to those less informed" , sodomy , removing a nations borders which God has set , removing Gods Word at breakneck speed , lying and selling government favors for personal gain ? Or that the whole World (the world Jesus left us in , not right thinking Christians World , the other ones opposed to CHRIST that gather together to heap praise on Hillary , Obama and Bush .. He sounds like he's got good perspective for a "non Christian" ..

Upvote 0

ChristianFromKazakhstan

Oct 9, 2016
ALMATY
✟29,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Friend , you were quite clear in your first post .. Your thoughts and perspectives are as appreciated as any other poster .. We have something in America called "political correctness" that seems at times to take precedent over free speech and truth .. These forum are full of "PC police" who will call you out like they belong to the "clique in high school" .. Just relax , post your thoughts and enjoy . You are free and owe no one .. God bless ..

OK, thank you! :) Actually, it's like breath of freedom to me here in USA. So maybe I;m too emotional here, sorry if so. In Kazakhstan, I would never write or say my honest thoughts. Filtering always. Even when talking to my 80yo mom by phone, she allows some critisism (you know, at that age, secret police will forgive many things they will not really put her on black list or harass just for words you know) if she will speak critically then I will be silent and change conversation subject. Scared!!! We live under strict dictatorship, our president is like god... Internet cencored. You say wrong thing, can go to jail or worse... Or get troubles in your work etc now or later... Maybe not, but anyway really scared. Only say praise about president... Government, you can critisize a little, not him.

About Qaddafi and Osama, very different situations... Leader of a country and some awful nutjob... Consequences are very different. So its not only laughing thats bad, but people see these events under very differnt light outside USA. Not so happy, you know. Thats why her laughing is so demonic... Because you want to cry!!!!! For all of Lybia and all of that region...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No. You are chasing shadows that do not exist.

I asked you a yes/no question, and you posted a paragraph in response that amounted to a "yes" answer.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I asked you a yes/no question, and you posted a paragraph in response that amounted to a "yes" answer.

Uh, please requote the exact words I said that would make you believe I answered "yes."
That would be a little more helpful than just claiming I said "yes" when I clearly didn't.

Upvote 0

keembo

Jun 23, 2014
✟15,604.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So, after the latest revelation is it time for Donald to bow out? Why or why not? Please let's be adults about this; no polemics which is the reason I posted this here instead of News and Curent Events. Just state your reason for or against based on what you feel fairly certain to be true.

Personally...I believe he should bow out. His behavior is disgraceful and certainly not Christian. Frankly, I also believe that if a person feels that neither candidate is worthy of the job, then they should vote for someone else or not vote at all. Would you go to the polls in November and think you should vote for either Stalin or Hitler or would you exercise your will by voting for neither and writing in somebody else. These candidates are "of the world and flesh" and we are called to be not of this world. Both major candidates have a propensity for telling tall tales. Regarding HC's behavior against those women with whom her hubby had things going on really follows a normal woman's actions. Remember that old saying.."Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned." It is quite fleshy and normal for somebody jilted in an affair to not take the most loving look at whom either their husband or wife spent time with outside their marital vows. I will be writing in somebody.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Uh, please requote the exact words I said that would make you believe I answered "yes."
That would be a little more helpful than just claiming I said "yes" when I clearly didn't.

Simply look at the question in post 536 and then your answer in 542. You basically answered "yes" to what I was asking you.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Personally...I believe he should bow out. His behavior is disgraceful and certainly not Christian. Frankly, I also believe that if a person feels that neither candidate is worthy of the job, then they should vote for someone else or not vote at all.

I'd like to point out that people shouldn't simply stay home from the polls if they don't like who's running for president. At this point, Republicans are starting to give up on the idea of Trump winning. But we should still go there to vote for the other races on the ballot, especially the House and Senate. Not to mention plenty of State and local races and referendums. But the House and Senate, if kept in Republican hands, can be a good shield against Clinton. If we could get enough of a majority, she could be rendered irrelevant. So all hope isn't lost yet.

• Agree
Reactions: civilwarbuff
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Simply look at the question in post 536 and then your answer in 542. You basically answered "yes" to what I was asking you.

No I didn't. I said she talked to people by name. That was not information from an ear piece. That information was given out openly to her.

Upvote 0

keembo

Jun 23, 2014
✟15,604.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It apparently was an interview Trump had with Billy Bush. Whether this hot microphone is before or after the actual recorded interview I don't know.
It's telling about the Network that kept the audio, that body of persons that chose to keep the microphone on and record the conversations without Trump's knowledge. And what is seemingly missed is that if Trump is said to need to depart the campaign trail for his remarks, then Billy Bush, who hosts a Hollywood TV show with women, should resign his job instead of apologizing as he's doing now. As is Trump.

Because Bush can be heard yucking it up as Trump talks. And even add's his own remarks to Trump's narrative as he goads him on.

Something I think we Christians need to remember is this is a secret audio recording that was sneakily recorded by a Network and its employees. That's dishonest. And it is 11 years old!
When Donald Trump came to Christ all of his past sins were put under the blood of Jesus. And God remembers his sins no more. Being this is an 11 year old audio, we have to consider when Trump came to Christ , which was not that long ago from what I've found so far. (Article) And realize that that Donald on the tape is not the born again Donald running for office today.

This is a Clinton move! Dirty politics. What was she and her husband doing 11 years ago?
She's a self-professed Christian. Do her actions demonstrate that? Especially in the case of the illegal server and 33,000 emails she had destroyed by her attorneys.

Where's the Christian charity for one of our own in both camps really. But with Trump, all the dirt on him is old. All the dirt on Hillary is recent. Trump is what they call a baby Christian. Hillary's not.

Choose wisely my friends as to whom you'll cast the first stone toward.

Actually, much of the dirt on Trump is quite new. His mocking of people with disabilities, his blasts on Ted Cruz...His attempt to claim the present president was born elsewhere and not really a "legal" president. I am not defending HC, but am only pointing out that to claim DT is a different person. So far, his comments to Carly Fiorina, Ted Cruz, the family of a muslim soldier killed in service to the US is hardly a "changed Trump." It is the real Trump. As it says in John 15 "For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and youj cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me."

God bless your day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
OK, thank you! :) Actually, it's like breath of freedom to me here in USA. So maybe I;m too emotional here, sorry if so. In Kazakhstan, I would never write or say my honest thoughts. Filtering always. Even when talking to my 80yo mom by phone, she allows some critisism (you know, at that age, secret police will forgive many things they will not really put her on black list or harass just for words you know) if she speaks critically then I will be silent and change conversation subject. Scared!!! We live under strict dictatorship, our president is like god... Internet cencored. You say wrong thing, can go to jail or worse... Or get troubles in your work etc now or later... Maybe not, but anyway really scared. Only say praise about president... Government, you can critisize a little, not him.

About Qaddafi and Osama, very different situations... Leader of a country and some awful nutjob... Consequences are very different. So its not only laughing thats bad, but people see these events under very differnt light outside USA. Not so happy, you know. Thats why her laughing is so demonic... Because you want to cry!!!!! For all of Lybia and all of that region...

I love you as both a brother and a Christian , we all have different perspectives based hopefully on our access and application of information to judge rightly .. Hang in there and fight the good fight .. I just finished a short prayer for you and your peace in Jesus to grow and continue .. God bless .. We'll all meet at the Resurrection and trouble free for eternity .. Now there's some hope right there .. Your faithfulness in the face of what you endure will probably garner you the greater reward , I'm all for it and gladly take a back seat to those who earned it more with their situations and faith in Jesus ..

Upvote 0

Theo Book

Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Central Florida
✟59,258.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I voted no.
Donald Trump is a representation of republicanism in the USA. He's their nominee because he reflects their thoughts and values.

May I haste to point out - Donald Trump was a DEMOCRAT at the time that nasty recording was made. And everyone knows that is not what Trump is today.

otoh, it is long past time for people who identify as Christian to stop being Republicans and START being the church.

Why? We do not elect members of our church for president, because we would then lose members of our church to the world.

Paul warned the church to get away from fornicators, and liars, and etc. t\hen reminded them "I told you to get away from fornicators etc., but I did not mean the fornicators of the world, for you would have to leave the world, but no, I was speaking of fornicators in the church. Put them out from among you.

But when it comes to leading a nation, trust God to provide us with good moral leaders, but remember, we must then be good moral followers of a God-appointed leader.

We do not need to be trying to force the church on the nation. THAT is not our job. Our job is to lead by example, not by legislation. And by making our lives a daily sacrifice, as priests of the most high God, under Christ, our high priest.

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Hebrews 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No I didn't. I said she talked to people by name. That was not information from an ear piece. That information was given out openly to her.

When did I say she said anything from an ear piece???
You had mentioned a bunch of things Trump has said that you didn't like and you didn't like the way he said them. In response, I asked you, "What if he said the same things as usual, but used more polished, politically correct sounding ways of saying them, and did it calmly from a teleprompter?" To that, you replied telling me how Hillary pretty much did those things. So, in short, the answer was pretty much a "YES".

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When did I say she said anything from an ear piece???
You had mentioned a bunch of things Trump has said that you didn't like and you didn't like the way he said them. In response, I asked you, "What if he said the same things as usual, but used more polished, politically correct sounding ways of saying them, and did it calmly from a teleprompter?" To that, you replied telling me how Hillary pretty much did those things. So, in short, the answer was pretty much a "YES".

A secret ear piece would be the same as a hidden Teleprompter. Where was this Teleprompter? Do you have proof of it's existence? And what else do you think I could possibly say that gave you the impression that I said "yes" to your question. I am telling you now that my answer is a big..."NO" to your question. That is my answer (even despite your false claim that I said "yes").

Upvote 0

ChristianFromKazakhstan

Oct 9, 2016
ALMATY
✟29,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I love you as both a brother and a Christian , we all have different perspectives based hopefully on our access and application of information to judge rightly .. Hang in there and fight the good fight .. I just finished a short prayer for you and your peace in Jesus to grow and continue .. God bless .. We'll all meet at the Resurrection and trouble free for eternity .. Now there's some hope right there .. Your faithfulness in the face of what you endure will probably garner you the greater reward , I'm all for it and gladly take a back seat to those who earned it more with their situations and faith in Jesus ..

Thank you very much. Jesus is the Lord! We're okay. Yes, some problems here or there, but at least there is peace and stability in general. We can preach about Jesus to all people, person to person, so it's not completely bad. Not allowed to teach anywhere except in church or on private situation like in your home for friends etc. Also if you teach children it's dangerous except inside churches and if parents are Christians. But if you're traditionally Muslim ethnic, then more difficult... All kinds of persecution if you want to confess openedly... But depends.. Big city easy, small village very tough. Or south of country more Muslim, North more Christian and atheistic...In any case, not like in Iran or Saudi Arabia or China. Still ok

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
A secret ear piece would be the same as a hidden Teleprompter. Where was this Teleprompter? Do you have proof of it's existence? And what else do you think I could possibly say that gave you the impression that I said "yes" to your question. I am telling you now that my answer is a big..."NO" to your question. That is my answer (even despite your false claim that I said "yes").

I'm glad we got that out of the way.

Upvote 0

Theo Book

Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Central Florida
✟59,258.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Both candidates are horrible choices.

Here is the breakdown:

Trump:

1. Degrades and Disrespects Women, Blacks, Hispanics, the Non-Rich, etc. (Why do you think he is going to respect and help you?)
2. Angry (Who shouldn't be near any nuclear codes) (It would be like drinking and driving) (In other words, can you say "End of our Nation"?)
3. Disregards the Law and Taxes (Trump said he could shoot someone and not lose any voters) (Trump said he is smart for not paying taxes) (Said Hillary would be in jail if he was in office - This ignores everything about our justice system).

He said he would get his attorney general to appoint a special prosecutor to try her for her sins, THEN put her in jail. Be fair.

4. Makes Ridiculuous Statements That Are Everyone Knows is Not True (This just speaks about the dumbing down of America).
5. He is a Bully (This sets forth a bad example for our children).

Hillary:

1. Is in support of going outside of God's intended plan according to Matthew 19:4-6.
2. Is in support of abortion (the murder of innocent babies who are still alive within the womb) and wants to make it tax paid by all.
3. Has a potential shadow of claimed criminal activities trailing behind her (Whether it is all true or not is a matter of a court of law and actual evidence that is not circumstantial convicting her). People today just make assumptions and assume she is guilty. But if she really was guilty, and somebody had evidence to convict her, then she would be in jail. Again, a person is innocent in this country until proven guilty by a court of law. Yes, she made a mistake in handling of top secret files, but no secrets were compromised as a result of it. She admitted it was a mistake. This is dropping the ball in handling a US law. This was not like she murdered somebody and then tried to have it covered up. As for her husband, again, we need evidence and not people just claiming things. Sure, it could be true, but we just don't know for sure. We were not there. We cannot convict someone without evidence. For what would happen if a bunch of people claimed you raped somebody and yet you did not do it? Granted, I am not saying Bill is innocent. I am just saying that we do not know if he is guilty or innocent based on the evidence presented before us. But yes, things like the problem with their dealings with the Haiti people does not help the Clintons look good (by any means). So we see a pattern of potential claimed crimes. But again, we cannot convict people without cold hard evidence.

Not exactly accurate. Hillary is guilty of most of what she is accused of. "Not guilty until proven" is a legal issue, not a moral issue. If people did not recognize guilt by actions and results, there would never be trials at all. It is because citizens recognize guilt that trials are held every day in this nation. The proving of guilt is simply an exercise in fairness, also because of the goodness of the citizens, otherwise, we would be stoning all citizens instead of accusing and trying in courts.

Anyways, in conclusion: With both candidates we will have a moral decline here in America. Things are not looking good for our country. But I see an end for our nation if Trump were to get into office and I see my stomach turn knowing that my money would go to pay for babies to murdered (Whether I like it or not) with Hillary (Whereby I will have to pray and fast for God to deliver me out of such a thing).

If God leads this nation into judgment, there will be a need for righteous persons to submit, and , with humility, pray for forgiveness, because Christians are a nation of priests, who live their lives a daily sacrifice for those who are desperately in need of righteousness examples to be among them to mitigate God's judgment, and give a nation hope.

I will stay, and pray God to do whatever changes He thinks are what I need, so I can be numbered among the righteous, and live my life in sacrifice for a nation, to lead it back to God. And I will submit to whatever judgment is required of me, and will not accuse any man, but will leave judgment where it belongs, in the hands of God.

Then, when God judges that this nation has returned to righteous judgment, I will again trust Him to give us leaders fit for the kingdom of God, though it be a nation of MAN.

But if Trump was elected, I would not even think he was President. He doesn't seem like President material in any way. He is not somebody you can even look at and respect so as to talk to the man normally. He is a type of person who looks past the little guy like us (Because he recognizes only the rich man or if you are a pretty woman). I could at least talk and respect Hillary to some degree and consider her President (even if I do not agree with all her moral choices). For she is a product of society and how this nation desires to be. She is of the world system. Most people who are not Christian think like her; And we have to pray and love people like her so as to lead them to Christ.

I do not pretend to know what "most people" think about anything. I only know enough to approach God's throne in humility, not telling Him I am one of the righteous, but asking Him to make it so, because whatever He requires of me, I will submit to, without hesitation, trusting Him all the way.

But would I ever vote for either of them (under any circumstance)?

Not a chance....

I will vote for "NOT HILLARY." She is the greater evil. We should be ready to submit to the judgment of God and take our punishment as He deals it out. And pray for strength so as to not falter when it comes time to pay our vows of submission.

Last edited:
Reactions: kingskid
Upvote 0

momto3girls

Dec 27, 2011
✟7,783.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Trump apologized.

Hillary denied.

Which one took the high ground?
Neither. That's my point. Don't vote for either and just concentrate on the down ticket votes.
See Post #455 (the post above yours).

Anyways, may God bless you this fine day.

What makes you think he'll select judges who have conservative interests at heart? He hasn't shown himself to be a Christian at all! He's only out for himself!

Upvote 0

Theo Book

Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Central Florida
✟59,258.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The thing is that he is not apologizing for what he said 11 years ago. He called it locker room talk. That is not an apology.

Do you know the difference between an apology and an explanation? Trump gave BOTH. He explained it as being "locker room talk" then followed with an apology.

The 2005 recording showed Trump making vulgar comments about women, including boasting about trying to sleep with a married woman and remarking that he could "grab" women "by the ****" because "when you're a star they let you do it."

And what did Hillary say about Bill's sins? "I doubt if it can be proved." She did not even deny his guilt, just that it is doubted as to proof.

Cooper didn't mince words while characterizing the recording. Cooper said to Trump,

"You described kissing women without consent, grabbing their genitals,"
Cooper continued. "That is sexual assault. You bragged that you have sexually assaulted women. Do you understand that?"

Trump was defiant. He didn't apologize or explain himself. He said it was locker room talk. As if that makes it okay....

He was a DEMOCRAT! What did you expect? Democrat, Independent, Republican, Communist, Labor party, Freedom party, Libertarian, none of which are Christians. Christians may be members of those parties, but membership in those parties is not what makes them Christians.

Upvote 0

SpunkyDoodle

Jun 22, 2016
Florida
✟1,914.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Agreed 100%.

I am a Christian and I do not use that kind of language. However, I have been in hundreds of locker rooms and fought in war in VietNam and what he said is nothing to what is said everywhere everyday.
As a teenager, I worked in a factory for a year and a half. I was shocked at the way people talked, and the women talked in as bad or worse way than the men!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Major1
Upvote 0