Is it time for Donald to bow out? (MOVED)

I think Trump should:

• Step down from the candidacy

• Continue to run

• Not sure at this point

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,199,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've been told by people with the same mindset that it's also not right to have a job and earn a living because that's also a "way of the world". Gotta draw the line somewhere. Make a difference when and where you can.

Well, the law is what it is, and the penalty for illegally crossing the border is deportation. If you want it changed, then vote for lawmakers who will change it for you.

That's called competition. If a plumber comes to your house to fix a pipe and wants to charge you $200, and you ask a different plumber for his estimate and he says he'll charge you $150 and you hire him, should the first one be driven out of business because he's working for less?

Fine. Be all out. But you're still in this country and get to live under the rules of whoever is voted in, partially because you didn't bother voting for the other person.

You can vote Jesus Christ into your life as your savior without having to not vote for who is going to be the president of your country. It's not a "one or the other" deal.

I am honestly not interested anymore in endlessly debating this with you. You have your views and I have mine. We are strongly convinced in our our own beliefs on this.

I am moving on to more edifying things in the LORD.

So good day to you, dear sir; And may God's love shine upon you.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟657,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am honestly not interested anymore in endlessly debating this with you. You have your views and I have mine. We are strongly convinced in our our own beliefs on this.

I am moving on to more edifying things in the LORD.

So good day to you, dear sir; And may God's love shine upon you.

I don't understand what it was you were trying to convince me of.

Upvote 0

kingskid

Kid of the Most High
Jan 19, 2002
VA
✟1,916.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The error in voting for Trump (or in voting in general).

There is no error in voting. We are told that all authority comes from God and that God sets up governments. If God sets up governments, the Godly have very right to vote.

God has allowed us two bad choices, so we need to look past the choices and look deeper.

Who says they will stand by Israel? Who says they will stand pro life?

Jason0047 you are a self righteous mess.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟657,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The error in voting for Trump (or in voting in general).

Well, all we can do is the best we can. Imagine when Hitler was up for election. He got voted in because the people obviously liked the "other guy" less. What could be said for the voting public who decided to just stay home and not vote at all in light of what happened after Hitler won? They could have voted to prevent what eventually happened. Couldn't they be said to be complicit in Hitler's actions by not having voted against him?

Same goes for how this country is going to suffer because of Hillary.

But don't worry. My state has Trump at a 15% deficit in the polls anyway and our electoral college points always go to the Democrat anyway, so my vote won't really matter when it comes to who I vote for president. There's still state assembly, Senate, US Senate and local referendums.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,199,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is no error in voting. We are told that all authority comes from God and that God sets up governments. If God sets up governments, the Godly have very right to vote.

God has allowed us two bad choices, so we need to look past the choices and look deeper.

Who says they will stand by Israel? Who says they will stand pro life?

Jason0047 you are a self righteous mess.

It is not a requirement by law for you to vote. It is best not to vote or endorse people who you know will do bad or sinful things. If you do not have a problem with backing people (i.e. placing people into power) who will do sinful or bad things, then go right ahead and do that. Please know that your hands will not be clean or innocent if you endorse evil men.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,199,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, all we can do is the best we can. Imagine when Hitler was up for election. He got voted in because the people obviously liked the "other guy" less. What could be said for the voting public who decided to just stay home and not vote at all in light of what happened after Hitler won? They could have voted to prevent what eventually happened. Couldn't they be said to be complicit in Hitler's actions by not having voted against him?

Same goes for how this country is going to suffer because of Hillary.

But don't worry. My state has Trump at a 15% deficit in the polls anyway and our electoral college points always go to the Democrat anyway, so my vote won't really matter when it comes to who I vote for president. There's still state assembly, Senate, US Senate and local referendums.

Again, I am just not interested. Voting and getting involved in world politics so as to fight over it is not worth it as Christians.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟657,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Again, I am just not interested. Voting and getting involved in world politics so as to fight over it is not worth it as Christians.

I agree that it's not worth fighting about. I would just as soon avoid ever discussing politics with people anymore and just do my vote in November and be done with it. Discussing/arguing about it in the meantime doesn't really accomplish anything. That's something I've noticed for awhile.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟657,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It is not a requirement by law for you to vote. It is best not to vote or endorse people who you know will do bad or sinful things. If you do not have a problem with backing people (i.e. placing people into power) who will do sinful or bad things, then go right ahead and do that. Please know that your hands will not be clean or innocent if you endorse evil men.

As the great parliamentarian Edmund Burke said, “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

If I don't vote, and Hillary wins and makes an even bigger mess of things, then how can I say that I did my part if I don't even vote?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,199,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As the great parliamentarian Edmund Burke said, “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

If I don't vote, and Hillary wins and makes an even bigger mess of things, then how can I say that I did my part if I don't even vote?

In this case, the saying doesn't apply because you would be placing into power either Hillary or Trump who are actively sinful in some way. If you were strongly convinced they were born again Christians and that they lived righteously, then that would be different. But God never called us to put into power evil men or women so as to run our respective countries. We are to give what is our due to our governments as long as it is not in conflict with God's laws. In other words, supporting someone who you think will do more good than evil is not Biblical. God does not want us to support anyone who does any kind of evil (even if it is a little bit of evil mixed in with them doing good). To put it to you another way, would you drink rat poison if it was only a super small amount within a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice? Surely not. It doesn't matter if the drink is mostly full of good vitamin C. It will still kill you if you drink it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟657,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
In this case, the saying doesn't apply because you would be placing into power either Hillary or Trump who are actively sinful in some way. If you were strongly convinced they were born again Christians and that they lived righteously, then that would be different. But God never called us to put into power evil men or women so as to run our respective countries. We are to give what is our due to our governments as long as it is not in conflict with God's laws. In other words, supporting someone who you think will do more good than evil is not Biblical. God does not want us to support anyone who does any kind of evil (even if it is a little bit).

I've heard this logic used by people who say they won't shop at any store unless it's owned by a Christian. Won't go to Walmart or any other department store because they deal with China and they feel they're supporting the abuse of Chinese workers by shopping there. They won't watch TV because they feel they'd be supporting Hollywood and all that it promotes. You gotta draw the line somewhere though.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,199,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've heard this logic used by people who say they won't shop at any store unless it's owned by a Christian. Won't go to Walmart or any other department store because they deal with China and they feel they're supporting the abuse of Chinese workers by shopping there. They won't watch TV because they feel they'd be supporting Hollywood and all that it promotes. You gotta draw the line somewhere though.

No. It's not the same thing. Your buying things at a store does not mean you agree with the stores methods. Also, you have to think that the people in other countries do have jobs because of Walmart. Would it be better if they didn't have a job? It is their economy. It is not our economy. Surely, chinese workers are not being whipped and beaten or anything so that they can meet the demands of Walmart.

When you vote for a candidate, you are placing somebody who you know into power who is sinful. My buying a product from a storefront is not the same thing. There can be a lot of evil hands that could have been involved in getting it to me. I cannot control that. It is also something I do not know without a doubt or fact, either.

In voting, you are going in eyes wide open fully knowing the sins that this candidate has and you are actively helping to place this sinful person into power. You are being pro-active in supporting something evil rather than being passive in buying something in a store whereby you do not know how it got there.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟657,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No. It's not the same thing. Your buying things at a store does not mean you agree with the stores methods. Also, you have to think that the people in other countries do have jobs because of Walmart. Would it be better if they didn't have a job? It is their economy. It is not our economy. Surely, chinese workers are not being whipped and beaten or anything so that they can meet the demands of Walmart.

When you vote for a candidate, you are placing somebody who you know into power who is sinful. My buying a product from a storefront is not the same thing. There can be a lot of evil hands that could have been involved in getting it to me. I cannot control that. It is also something I do not know without a doubt or fact, either.

In voting, you are going in eyes wide open fully knowing the sins that this candidate has and you are actively helping to place this sinful person into power. You are being pro-active in supporting something evil rather than being passive in buying something in a store whereby you do not know how it got there.

There are many who would disagree with you about the Walmart thing. They'd tell you that buying a product from them encourages them to continue dealing with those who employ children and pay workers only pennies just so you and I can save a few dollars.
I'm just trying to show you that people can use these arguments in ways that basically tie our hands so that "Good people do nothing" as a result, and that we don't support someone who may be better than another just because they do something wrong in other areas.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,199,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are many who would disagree with you about the Walmart thing. They'd tell you that buying a product from them encourages them to continue dealing with those who employ children and pay workers only pennies just so you and I can save a few dollars.
I'm just trying to show you that people can use these arguments in ways that basically tie our hands so that "Good people do nothing" as a result, and that we don't support someone who may be better than another just because they do something wrong in other areas.

Are they dying and being tortured as a result for working at such wages? Is it our economy or their economy that is bad?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟657,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Are they dying and being tortured as a result for working at such wages? Is it our economy or their economy that is bad?

Maybe. http://www.chinalaborwatch.org/newscast/481

But it's up to each of us to decide what our priorities are. It could be about where we shop, who we vote for (or not), or what we eat. If you look deeply enough into any of these, it's easy to come up with a reason to not do it, in which case we wouldn't end up doing much of anything anymore.

Upvote 0

Jezmeyah

member since 7-14-16
Jul 14, 2016
Indiana
✟32,170.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will start. There are a lot of turds floating around in Trumps end of the pool; something tells me there are going to be quite a few more. For almost 70 years he has lived and said as he thought fit without caring about consequences; those actions have now come home to roost. In HRC's end of the pool there are also a lot of turds floating around and probably quite a few still to appear. Since she has been with Bill they have been accused of corruption and cronyism everywhere they have gone.
So I see a choice between a boorish, loutish braggert and a suspected corrupt politician.....The proverbial devil and the deep blue sea. For the first time in my voting life I have to seriously consider leaving my X out of the presidential vote. Anyone else have an opinion? And as I said please keep it civil.
I always vote no matter what, some think that they have justifications for not voting.. but that makes it way too easy for the other party to win. If I don't like the candidate because of something, I still vote because they are representing my chosen party.

Trump is the most honest, unpolitically correct candidate that I have ever seen in all my years of voting. I say, that could be exactly what this nation needs. A fresh way of communicating that isn't that same ole tired political personality.

I am for a strong turn around of what is right for this nation, I don't see it in the other party, so no news item against Trump will change my mind, I am for Republican standards, Trump is republican, so I am for Trump.

Upvote 0

kingskid

Kid of the Most High
Jan 19, 2002
VA
✟1,916.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You also do not understand God setting up governments. We are told there is no authority that is not from God. God sets up government to punish evil doers.

1 Peter 2:13-15 KJV
Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme; [14] Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well. [15] For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:

How do you think governments punish evil doers if they turn the other cheek, like Jesus? It is the church that is called to conform to Christ. The government is not called to be like Jesus. God himself sets up all government and authority, and the Godly have very right to vote. These two are allowed by God for a purpose. You should stop questioning God's role in government.

Romans 8:27-28 KJV
And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. [28] And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

All things work together toward good for those that love God. Even evil governments.

Upvote 0

kingskid

Kid of the Most High
Jan 19, 2002
VA
✟1,916.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You actually have made me a bit angry trying some guilt trip against our God given right to vote! Yes the Lord tells us to be angry and sin not!

As I stated God has allowed these two for a purpose. We need to look deeper for the heart of God for our vote. What is God's heart for the unborn and Israel? Trump is the one saying he will stand by this.

That does in no way mean Trump will win.

As stated God often allows evil for His purposes. I suppose you might be one that feels evil men crucifying our Lord was not God's plan. The Lord Himself said not my will but God's be done. That is the way we approach this difficult vote. Pray God's will over it as you cast your vote.

Don't listen to the accusers trying to stop your God given right to vote!

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,199,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You also do not understand God setting up governments. We are told there is no authority that is not from God. God sets up government to punish evil doers.

1 Peter 2:13-15 KJV
Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme; [14] Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well. [15] For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:

How do you think governments punish evil doers if they turn the other cheek, like Jesus? It is the church that is called to conform to Christ. The government is not called to be like Jesus. God himself sets up all government and authority, and the Godly have very right to vote. These two are allowed by God for a purpose. You should stop questioning God's role in government.

Romans 8:27-28 KJV
And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. [28] And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

All things work together toward good for those that love God. Even evil governments.

Both Romans 13 and 1 Peter 2:13-15 are in regards to submitting yourself to governements in regards to matters of justice and in keeping laws that are truly good and peaceful. These passage are not talking about voting in (or placing into power) sinful world leaders or partaking in other political matters that make us side with the world whereby it would conflict with God's laws.

Here is the context:

13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;
14 Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well."
(1 Peter 2:13-14).​

1 "Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil"
(Romans 13:1-4).​

God cannot side with a person who sides with others who do evil.
It doesn't work like that.
That would be like hiring somebody to kill for you and then saying you did not have anything to do with killing anybody because you did not do the actual killing yourself.
It's no different when you side with worldly leaders who have sinful policies.

Hence, why you are angry and not at peace about this.
You feel it is your God given duty to vote for worldly sinful leaders, when nothing could be further from the truth.

https://www.usa.church/5-bible-verses-explain-why-voting-for-trump-and-clinton-is-sin/

Last edited:
Upvote 0