Is it okay to be a Christian and support same sex marriage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I didn't read the whole thread, just the OP. So this may have already been said.

You answered your own question Brother. You're conflicted about it because the Holy Spirit is convicting you and letting you know that...no, you can't support LGBT and be a Christian. Not for real anyway.

In same sex marriage, they might really love each other, but no fruit can come of it. A bad tree can not bring forth good fruit. By their fruits you will know them.

I've heard it said that love is a gift to us from God...so it can't be wrong. WRONG! A person could have all the giftings from the Holy Spirit...and get in trouble and go to hell. It is the fruit that speaks the truth. "Be fruitful and multiply" is what man was told. There will never be any fruit (babies) from a same sex marriage. That's what carves it in stone right there.

You're probably conflicted because it is not politically correct to not support them. You'll be looked down upon for being against them and called names and ridiculed. Everyone wants to be accepted and have an image of being supportive of their community. Well you wont get that by taking a stand for what you know is right. That's just how the world works. They will turn on you and hate you is what scripture says will happen.

As I understand it, God destroyed Sodom & Gomorrah for sin. But it wasn't destroyed because there were a lot of homo's there, otherwise He would have had to destroy the entire world. Sodom & Gomorrah were destroyed because the public accepted it and tolerated it. That's why, because they supported it.

What about single parents? By that logic single people shouldn't be allowed to have children or adopt.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Divide
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They also acted by choice.

Christians understand that the knowledge of what is good, and what is evil, comes from the mouth of God. It's not self-determined.

But according to scripture it is. So that's my stand anyway.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There are secular marriages and there are religious marriages. The later would, of course, include marriages performed by various Christian denominations.

I have no issues with secular same-sex marriages. Why should gays and lesbians be denied the same opportunity to a secular marriage that is enjoyed by heterosexual couples?

I would, however, be strongly opposed if the government were to ever to try to force any religious organization (churches, synagogues, mosques, etc.) to perform same-sex marriages.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

This thread is closed. The Statement of Purpose for this forum includes:

Same-Sex Marriage and Gay Rights: Discussion of these topics must comply with the sitewide rule barring the promotion of homosexuality. Discussion and debate should only be directed toward political, legal, historical and civil rights issues, and should not be directed toward the morality of homosexuality or same-sex marriage. Please remember that promotion of homosexuality and same-sex marriage is not allowed. For more detailed information please see this sticky thread.​

This thread is about the morality of it.

And note that the OP never came back.....

• Prayers
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.